Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Testing 2X350W Speakers w/ 3kW Amp

• 10-05-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, quick question.

Going to check out, and hopefully buy a pair of 350Ws off another boards user tonight. Just had a chat with him there and the only amp he has available is a 3000W. I know circa 30% over is reccomended, but this a lot more than that. Will turning the amp well down be ok, or will the speakers be royally F#cked by testing them in this way.

Cheers,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Love Tea

Personnally I would always run a power amp turned up full and control the volume from the desk.Normally amps are power rated at 4ohms so if the speakers are rated at 8ohms the actual power output will be a lot less than 3000watts.I think a figure of around 1800 at 8ohms would be what can be expected.I think you'll be ok to use that amp but be careful.

Advertisement