Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How drunk do you get?

Options
  • 10-05-2009 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭

Just thought I’d ask everyone how drunk they get when they head out on the piss? I moved into a new house a few years back and as ya do, I had a session in the house. I had never touched a certain sweetie until that night and always wanted to try it. On top of that I was after downing (from what I'm told) a bottle and a half of Jack Daniels. Early into Sunday morning some of us ended up outside the house and I thought I was superman and climbed up on to a van. Next thing I remember is waking up in Ardkeen hospital in Waterford the following Tuesday morning. Thing was, I had broken both thumbs and for my bravery a fractured skull.

Thing was, the doctors couldn't understand how I broke both thumbs. My mates came to see me in hospital and it transpired what happened. You see, my bedroom was on the third floor of the house and because everyone was off their faces and the local dealer was in the house, panic hit everyone. Two of the lads decided to carry me up the stairs and as they did my hands were left dangling and each step they took they managed to catch my thumbs under their feet, all the way up to the third floor.

As soon as they reached the top of the stairs they realised they needed an ambulance, probably because of the normal signs of blood pissing out of you're head and near coma state. Calling an ambulance meant that because of the circumstances the gardai would call. So, the lads decided that it would "look suspicious" if they brought me to the bedroom, seeing as most of my blood was on the ground outside the house. So, they decided to carry me back down the stairs, once again breaking my thumbs more and more.

While the lads were carrying me up and down the stairs another mate who was a bit "worse for wear" had run down to the Bridge hotel with a bed sheet covering him to call for an ambulance (mobile phones weren't big then) scaring the **** out of a load of American tourists setting out on their sight seeing and warranting yet another phone call to the authorities for a raving lunatic freaking out at reception, with a bed sheet around him.

By the time the ambulance came, most of the people who were chewing the faces off themselves had cleared the area for fear of what the cops would do and say. The price I paid is a fractured skull, two thumbs that don't and probably never will, work properly again. Thing is, lately (and I only drink at weekends) when I go out there’s always the time you remember up until about 10pm or thereabouts, then its texting all day Saturday or Sunday trying to fill the gap of around 4-6 hours. I'm a binge drinker but should I be forgetting stuff like this when I’m drunk. I blame the god damn baby Guinness’s (don’t ya just love 'em) :confused::confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Um ...

Not quite that drunk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

I rode racehorses since I was allowed to as a teenager, and have played contact sports like rugby since I was a kid and I have no doubt I've sustained more injuries through drinking than all of those other activities combined. This includes like yourself a fractured skull, as well as various damaged relationships, breakups, failed exams all influenced stronly by binge drinking. Yes sometimes I contemplate giving it up, but I have a lot of fun and woruldnt have experienced the youth I have spent over the past 5 years or so laughing, having sex and doing crazy stuff were it not for a great social life and yes, lots of alcohol. It's about striking a balance I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Enough to answer this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Between 12am-2am is generally a total blur for me, but somehow always remember getting home. Those 2 missing hours are generally spent tearin around the dance floor of some over priced nite club that im nearly gettin too old for!
    Good times!! I loved getting p*ssed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Wow OP,you're my idle,pity you cant handle your drink,
    renraw wrote: »
    Guys, anyone else have the same problem or is it just me? I go to Harveys every saturday night and in the last two months I've managed to lose 5 jackets in the smoking area. Granted i do get pissed. so much soo, i woke up this morning with only one leg in my jeans and me lyin on the sofa, I obviously made an attempt to get to bed. Back to the mystery, but is anyone else experiencing losing jackets there?

The place is too big and because Im so drunk, I end up losing my mates because i'm probably throwing shapes on the dance floor or downing baby guiness's. I have to cut down methinks because I wouldn't mind the damn jackets weren't cheap. I had to see if I could find the t-shrit i was wearing this morning and panicked thinking I took that off as well. I'm bad enough as it is. Trying to get the jackets back is fruitless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Until I can't anymore usually. I like extend the drinking over the course of the day. Not into shots etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I wouldn't normally get completely blasted, I hate that feeling of having no control at all.
    But last time I had a few too many, I got it into my head that I was just good on a BMX bike as I was twenty years ago. I borrowed my nine year old Godson's bike and tried out a few stunts in the street. I spent the next twelve hours in A and E, waiting to have my leg plastered. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You sound like lots of fun OP. If only I could drink as much as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

So the first time you tried pills you drank a bottle and a half of JD.

You idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I don't get drunk. I can handle my drink... you know, like an adult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

So you fractured your skull and broke your thumbs in one night because you were wasted... and you still drink heavily.

Ever think about taking it easy? Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

then its texting all day Saturday or Sunday trying to fill the gap of around 4-6 hours. I'm a binge drinker but should I be forgetting stuff like this when I’m drunk. I blame the god damn baby Guinness’s (don’t ya just love 'em) :confused::confused:

You can't pass the blame onto the baby Guinness.

If I was missing 4-6 hours and forgetting stuff, I would be seriously thinking of ending the binge drinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

I've broken both legs, two further fractures on my skull, broke my left hand, broke my wrist, been stabbed, wrote off 2 cars, broke my left ankle, strained my spine, broke my nose...Im naturally accident prone and most of these happened when i was sober. Could never ease back on the drink, its what the weekends are avout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

c0rk3r wrote: »

You idiot

Not all pills go bad with JD you f*cking retard. I kno cuz I done it. Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Quite drunk but clearly nowhere near as much as OP.

The worst state I've ever been, involved a night of being in bed by 10pm, and spending a few hours that evening sleeping in an abandoned house in the countryside, with no idea how I got there, all I remember is diving through barbed wire to get into it.

The cuts in the morning felt like battle-scars. I said ''never again, never again''.....................I was back on the sauce the next day.....

Basically, drink as much as you want or feel you can, but make sure you have friends around to stop you doing stupid things to yourself or others.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

OP, Get a new dealer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Basically, drink as much as you want or feel you can, but make sure you have friends around to stop you doing stupid things to yourself or others.

Why should they have to? You'll find these 'friends' slowly disappear when they realise they have to spend every night looking after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Just thought I’d ask everyone how drunk they get when they head out on the piss? I moved into a new house a few years back and as ya do, I had a session in the house. I had never touched a certain sweetie until that night and always wanted to try it. On top of that I was after downing (from what I'm told) a bottle and a half of Jack Daniels. Early into Sunday morning some of us ended up outside the house and I thought I was superman and climbed up on to a van. Next thing I remember is waking up in Ardkeen hospital in Waterford the following Tuesday morning. Thing was, I had broken both thumbs and for my bravery a fractured skull.

Thing was, the doctors couldn't understand how I broke both thumbs. My mates came to see me in hospital and it transpired what happened. You see, my bedroom was on the third floor of the house and because everyone was off their faces and the local dealer was in the house, panic hit everyone. Two of the lads decided to carry me up the stairs and as they did my hands were left dangling and each step they took they managed to catch my thumbs under their feet, all the way up to the third floor.

As soon as they reached the top of the stairs they realised they needed an ambulance, probably because of the normal signs of blood pissing out of you're head and near coma state. Calling an ambulance meant that because of the circumstances the gardai would call. So, the lads decided that it would "look suspicious" if they brought me to the bedroom, seeing as most of my blood was on the ground outside the house. So, they decided to carry me back down the stairs, once again breaking my thumbs more and more.

While the lads were carrying me up and down the stairs another mate who was a bit "worse for wear" had run down to the Bridge hotel with a bed sheet covering him to call for an ambulance (mobile phones weren't big then) scaring the **** out of a load of American tourists setting out on their sight seeing and warranting yet another phone call to the authorities for a raving lunatic freaking out at reception, with a bed sheet around him.

By the time the ambulance came, most of the people who were chewing the faces off themselves had cleared the area for fear of what the cops would do and say. The price I paid is a fractured skull, two thumbs that don't and probably never will, work properly again. Thing is, lately (and I only drink at weekends) when I go out there’s always the time you remember up until about 10pm or thereabouts, then its texting all day Saturday or Sunday trying to fill the gap of around 4-6 hours. I'm a binge drinker but should I be forgetting stuff like this when I’m drunk. I blame the god damn baby Guinness’s (don’t ya just love 'em) :confused::confused:
    technically you weren't just drunk when you did all of this 'fun' stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

c0rk3r wrote: »

You idiot
    cautioner wrote: »
    Not all pills go bad with JD you f*cking retard. I kno cuz I done it. Moron.

Two of you are banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nowadays I just get normal drunk, no staggering or vomiting or any of that.
    When younger became so unresponsive once my mates rang the ambulance to be taken to hospital and stomach pumped, had mixed poitín and sugar*.

*Don't try this kids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Magnus wrote: »
    When younger became so unresponsive once my mates rang the ambulance to be taken to hospital and stomach pumped, had mixed poitín and sugar

Sounds pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The_Coon wrote: »
    I once accidentally started a riot.

Ooooh! Do go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

two thumbs that don't and probably never will, work properly again.

must be tough when you're spanking your monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

on friday night just gone, im pretty sure that i destroyed all previous drunkeness personal bests i held. never again

thats it

im never, ever going out in dublin again. its too bloody dangerous

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got sick once!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've never been drunk...yes there i said it!! an Irish drinker who's never been drunk:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've never been drunk...yes there i said it!! an Irish drinker who's never been drunk:P

You're doing it wrong.
    Please take us through how this farce could occur?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

An File wrote: »
    I got sick once!
    I've never been drunk...yes there i said it!! an Irish drinker who's never been drunk

Transformers obviously handle their drink better than us humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

How do you text with non working thumbs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

You're doing it wrong.
    Please take us through how this farce could occur?!
    At the tender age of 28 i decided on taking up the demon drink, that was in January '09 and i've yet to experience being sh!tfaced:pac:

Advertisement