Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How drunk do you get?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I tend to either be buzzed or vomiting. There's not a lot of in-between. Only been at vomiting four or five times. It's like a light switch, I'll go from happy-go-lucky buzzed and then all of the sudden the toilet will be my best mate then it's straight off to bed. I never end up doing any of this stupid crazy fun blackout stuff everyone talks about, I've never lost control. Can always remember everything.. maybe not right away, but eventually.

I feel left out. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

liah wrote: »
    I tend to either be buzzed or vomiting. There's not a lot of in-between. Only been at vomiting four or five times. It's like a light switch, I'll go from happy-go-lucky buzzed and then all of the sudden the toilet will be my best mate then it's straight off to bed. I never end up doing any of this stupid crazy fun blackout stuff everyone talks about, I've never lost control. Can always remember everything.. maybe not right away, but eventually.

I feel left out. :(

You could try this stuff.
    Report back if still alive afterward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

At the tender age of 28 i decided on taking up the demon drink, that was in January '09 and i've yet to experience being sh!tfaced:pac:
    Give it time...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

You could try this stuff.
    Report back if still alive afterward.

I've had 90% absynthe black.. that led to one of those vomit nights (jesus not doing that again), but still no acting crazy.

Just not in me to lose control I guess? I don't get it.

Also don't get hangovers.

liah wrote: »
    I've had 90% absynthe black.. that led to one of those vomit nights (jesus not doing that again), but still no acting crazy.

Just not in me to lose control I guess? I don't get it.

Also don't get hangovers.

I'm the same. I enjoy my booze but rarely feel relaxed enough to let go. When I do I wake up in the morning and tend to be banned from one forum here or another. I think I always want to have my wits about me on a mad night with friends just in case I need to have enough cop on to get out of a dodgy situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I've had 85%. It's not THAT bad. I expected it to be alot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I'm the same. I enjoy my booze but rarely feel relaxed enough to let go. When I do I wake up in the morning and tend to be banned from one forum here or another. I think I always want to have my wits about me on a mad night with friends just in case I need to have enough cop on to get out of a dodgy situation.

lolz - 'Drunken lout gets banned from forum'.

They should work that into one of those RTE drink awareness ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I don't get very drunk, being a total square who's afraid of hurting himself does that to you. Although, last weekend I was drinking and would drift in and out of drunkeness completely arbitrarily. Once second I was quite sloshed, the next I was sober as a judge and so on. It was quite off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Fantastically drunk... to the point were I can not tell the difference between right or wrong.... confusing everything and making me either the life and soul of the party or the ticking timebomb waiting to go off and spoil the entire night... thus Friday was a disaster... when you decide to attack someone for a completely innocent joke with your wife... tick tick tick.... boom!

It's not big or clever and dealing with the aftermath is certainly not worth it.

The_Coon wrote: »

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Went out in Kilkenny town about 6years ago when I was 19 or 20, knocked back alot (including sambucas)

*SCENE MISSING*

Next thing I remember, Im in a phonebox a mile outside the town. So I start walking back when I realize I need to stop and take a stone out of my shoe so I sit on the kerb, reach down to take my shoe off and grab my wet sock..shoes gone!

Ever since then I've always been mindful of the volume of my drinking, I have had nights of similar drunkenness but those nights could be counted on one hand and no shoes were lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

as drunk as the funds allow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

yerayeah wrote: »
    Give it time...;)
    I shall...i'll be going out thursday night after my last exam;):pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The_Coon wrote: »

They already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

^^^funny pic. I coundn't live with the shame. I always try and avoid this place when I'm drunk. I never succeed though.. 'I'll just have a look..but I won't post'. Never works.

Always funny next morning to see what I've posted.
    See ye in a few hours..I'm definetly not going to drunken post tonight..No way..just going to have a look in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I shall...i'll be going out thursday night after my last exam;):pac:
    Could be messy I'd say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

zudo wrote: »
    See ye in a few hours..I'm definetly not going to drunken post tonight..No way..just going to have a look in.

Be kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't get drunk percy, I usually just go from tipsy to sleep in 8 drinks flat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I get this impossible to resisit urge to go to sleep before i'm pissed enough to do anything stupid . ( I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Like fall asleep in a fountain, that kind of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Like fall asleep in a fountain, that kind of thing?

The fountain was dry at the time............of course i knew that beforehand.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

never been drunk either, always get to the tipsy stage and can never drink anymore. It takes a while for me to get to that stage tho so i'm usually full at that stage . :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

galwayrush wrote: »
    The fountain was dry at the time............of course i knew that.;)

The fountain of knowledge?

I don't get drunk anymore, I tend to stop drinking when I know I have enough.
    A couple of glasses of white wine is nice and maybe a G&T to follow but that would be my limit.

/different story years ago though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I don't really, it would take some serious rocket fuel to knock me out. That is something to be ashamed of btw, its no brag. Not being able to sleep is the worst thing in the world, and you will do whatever it takes. Then you have yourself a whole different problem. So, not easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I get drunk really easilly but once im drunk i can drink like a beast....Ive got a good method for drinking for hours and surviving...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ive got a good method for drinking for hours and surviving...

Bulimia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My 18th birthday... all I can remember is a lot of miller and sangria and waking up beside a blow up doll that was dressed in childrens clothes... I think I also puked all over my bedroom (my sister never forgave me for ruining her monopoly board...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I find it funny how someone goes on about how drunk they were..completely blotto and then blames it on baby guiness of all things. They are an excuse for a shot and neither taste bad or are strong in alcohol so if they get you that pissed I think it points that you are just a lightweight. Try it next weekend with something stronger and see how drunk you get :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

at a family get-together years ago, saw pictures the next day of myself playing the guitar. No recollection. Most mortifying thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It usually takes absolutely loads to get me drunk. And when I do (eventually) get drunk I act pretty much the same as usual. Just with a sorer belly. I have the same amount of fun when I'm sober. So that's why I don't drink much! Waste of money for me, really!

Advertisement