Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How drunk do you get?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Bulimia?

no, once im drunk im sorted i can drink all night long :D:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

For Paddy's day about 3 years ago i went to a party and took full advantage off all the free drink going around. Now, being 16 I was nowhere near the seasoned professional I am today so when someone handed me a bright green shot I thought nothing of knockin it back. Burned like a mutha b!tch......but that didnt stop me having another one.....and another one.....and a few more.

Turns out that little green shot was Absinth and before i knew where i was i was passed out on the bathroom floor :pac:

My friend had to literally drag me home, because i couldnt walk or stand or even see properly. She opened my front door threw me on the stairs and did a runner :eek: Dont know how i managed to get myself upstairs but my mam found me in bed murmuring to myself and wasnt best impressed.

She thought it was a good idea to give me hot coffee to try sober me up, which i promptly spilled over myself as soon as she left the room. Funny thing is, she thought i just p!ssed mysel :D

Sobered up pretty quick, which was weird. I got to go spend the rest of the night sitting with my entire family as they all celebrated Paddy's night in the shed!

Thats what i got for being patriotic. Never again I tells ya.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The_Coon wrote: »
    Was the cellar being refurbished?

My shed is a pub!
    They werent all just sitting in a tool shed sipping from one can of dutch gold.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

That's so so funny. Last night was the first night ever I used the 'yore ma' thing against someone. It was on a different website, people posting pics on a thread called "rear of the year". And I replied, yes you've guessed it, 'Is that yore ma'. Sad, I know.

I was pissed so that makes it ok, in my books anyway.

I only had a few pints tonight, so I'm doing fine. It's early days yet though, I've a few cans to drink. Things could get messy.

Your post is still freaking me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

The_Coon wrote: »
    I went on a booze cruise when I was 17/18.
    We were walking up the tunnel to get back in the Ferry when some bloke started on my mate.
    I lamped him, as you do and we proceeded on our way.
    When we got to the end of the tunnel we were told to calm ourselves down or we wouldn't be allowed passage.
    We were told to walk the whole way to the bottom of the tunnel and back again.

Well, halfway down the tunnel something happened.
    I'm not sure what, let's just say I got tired and emotional.
    MY friends ended up wrestling with me.
    6 of them picked me me up and tried to carry me down the tunnel.

The whole thing had obviously gotten blown out of all proportion now.
    By the time we made it to the bottom of the tunnel there were about 20
    riot cops lined up waiting for us with shields and dogs.

On spotting them I shouted "no bother lads, we'll be on our way" and
    tried to stroll back up the tunnel - they were having none of it.

They dived in all guns blazing.
    Next thing I knew I was pinned on the ground with a knee in my head and an alsation snarling in my face.

I decided that my best option was to call them a shower of Welsh baxtards and
    point out that this was as bad as the time that they fitted up the Birmingham Six.
    Lamping the police dog was probably the rock I perished on though.

Fortunately the local cops could only put up with listening to my shlte for 12 hours and
    I was released and sent on my way.
    is that a Pogues' B-Side??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Let's just say I live up to my username.

Also,

<
    I am teh devil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

zudo wrote: »
    Your post is still freaking me out.

A lot of my posts freak people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I get drunk to levels that social convention forbids. I need to stop it. But it jolly good fun - at the time. Time for me to change soon. But that night is not tonight as I have several more tins to drink. Just listening to David Bowie now. He's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jigsaw wrote: »
    I get drunk to levels that social convention forbids. I need to stop it. But it jolly good fun - at the time. Time for me to change soon. But that night is not tonight as I have several more tins to drink. Just listening to David Bowie now. He's great.

Oh, we all know what you're like when you're drunk Jigsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I hate scoops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Blindingly drunk.

Drunk enough that I can barely see ahead of me.
    I also tend to insult everyone around me and get away with it..It probably doesn't come out as an insult though but..yeah

Southern Comfort and Vodka..good times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

My 18th birthday... all I can remember is a lot of miller and sangria and waking up beside a blow up doll that was dressed in childrens clothes... I think I also puked all over my bedroom (my sister never forgave me for ruining her monopoly board...)

just tell her you have added a bit of realism to the game as there is usually some puke to be found on O Connell St at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

cautioner wrote: »
    Not all pills go bad with JD you f*cking retard. I kno cuz I done it. Moron.

Good lad, the OP is getting a hard time off losers who cant find a way off their high-horses.

OP just cut down on the shots and stick to beer. I'd avoid the vodka redbulls too - i've noticed lately they have me thinking strange thoughts the next day! This Friday stick on the beer and tell us how you get on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Different levels on drunkeness depending on what I'm drinking.

Spirits: Drunk, but remember most and don't wobble.
    Pints: Memory loss and wobble all over the place.

Throws shots in to that mix and it can be a weird night.

Yesterday I went for a drink or two after work at 7am. Got home about 11am off my face. I learned that if you drink jager shots and a few vodkas when you haven't eaten in 12hrs and you're tired plus on antibiotics then the result isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My shed is a pub!
    They werent all just sitting in a tool shed sipping from one can of dutch gold.....
    Shed, pub, tallaght :confused:
    Somethin aint right here

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jellybabs

I got so drunk 2 weeks ago i could barely stand actually i couldnt i came home with scraped and bleeding knee and face and a black eye i fell smack on me cheekybone! oww thank god that alcohol numbs the pain!! not quite as bad as the broken thumbs and fractured skull but bad enough... plan is no drink b4 pub anymore for now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

I blacked-out while drinking one night over sixteen years ago..I haven't drank since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

At the work christmas party, went to a mates room before the meal to get a head start on festivities and was trashed before the meal.
    A work on the monday i had to be reminded of several things i did and said that evening and the photos were just embarrassing. I had flashes of that night for about 3 weeks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Today is my Birthday, I went out last night to celebrate, I remember everything up until my 3rd Pitcher, and Second Captain Morgans and Coke. After that I remember nothing. I was highly drunk.

I know I puked, alot after I got out of the Taxi, but I can't remember getting home.

I had a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Drunk enough that I don't remember going home.... Or how my car got home, for that matter. I'm sure I didn't drive it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Let's just say I live up to my username.

You talk a load of crock when you're drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

renraw wrote: »
    The price I paid is a fractured skull, two thumbs that don't and probably never will, work properly again. Thing is, lately (and I only drink at weekends) when I go out there’s always the time you remember up until about 10pm or thereabouts, then its texting all day Saturday or Sunday trying to fill the gap of around 4-6 hours. I'm a binge drinker but should I be forgetting stuff like this when I’m drunk. I blame the god damn baby Guinness’s (don’t ya just love 'em) :confused::confused:

wow!! at least you can still text with your thumbs!! eventful night alright.

ok drunkest ive ever been, eeeeeemmm... where'll i start?

ive swung out of a 20 stone man and bit his arm, eaten 5 burgers in a row and subsequently regourgated it (nice image yes), drank 40 bottles of french beer one day BEFORE going out at 7p.m. (we started early), called the gards cos my boyf and i were rowing and he wouldnt leave me alone so i presumed this was the solution...

cant really think of much else at the mo!

oh called my landlord to tell him i was having the 'best night ever' (no, were not friendly or anything)

thats all of the top of my head - i dont think those were my bad nights either........
    yeah..............i dont drink that much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Not very, anymore. A year or so ago I'd get pretty blurry, often sick, but in the last while I've learned to hold my alcohol and pace myself a lot better. Stopped getting hangovers too, which is a bit awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

A lotta people here needing to review their relationships with the demon drink methinks

Advertisement