Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET Ajax Application design

Options
  • 10-05-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everybody,

I'm developing an AJAX application using Visual Studio 2008 and GAIA (which is brilliant). GAIA marshals any calls back to the server and avoids messy postbacks, it also comes with a set of controls (such as Textboxes, Buttons etc) which follow this Server centric paradigm.

Because the app is dealing with a common device, I’ve developed it with tabs, each tab loads a page generated by the server. Nothing new there!

However, because I’m using a single ASPX for the application, the complete mark-up and Codebehind are going into this page which is growing exponentially. It’s got to the point where Visual Studio is grinding to a halt in both HTML and C# views.

Any ideas how I can redesign my project so that I can keep a proper AJAX / desktop feel but avoid the overloading of the main page?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Did something like this recently.

I kept every tab as a user control to allow me to design each tab easily.

Also I tried to keep the viewstate down by only keeping what i needed in the viewstate.

This should make your life easier

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimcarner

That didn't occur to me at all,

at least this way I'll be able to keep the code and markup partitioned But boxed.

That's perfect.

JC

Advertisement