Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it time for Arsene Wenger to go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Nay
    peabutler wrote: »
    I'm talking to Pokerface saying he makes a profit betting against Arsenal and for the 'small' teams.

Today for example, 30 euro on Newcastle at 12/1.....360blips if i backed arsenal at 7/4 it would take a long time to make 360 yoyos. Had stoke a while back at 25/1 with 40 on it, makes for easy money sometimes. I will let you know next time and make you a few quid before chrimbo. You will win alot more than you will lose backing against Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

If you bet 30-40 a pop week in week out and win once in a blue moon you are not making a profit.

Nay
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Can this thread not just be locked? I'm sick of it's idiotic appearance every time Arsenal lose a match!!

Why would someone lock a thread just because you don't like it. Its called a forum, a place for debate, don't like it, don't click it. Its really that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Today for example, 30 euro on Newcastle at 12/1.....360blips if i backed arsenal at 7/4 it would take a long time to make 360 yoyos. Had stoke a while back at 25/1 with 40 on it, makes for easy money sometimes. I will let you know next time and make you a few quid before chrimbo. You will win alot more than you will lose backing against Arsenal

Then how come you're still only putting 30 and 40 euros on it? Are you insane?

Nay
    If you bet 30-40 a pop week in week out and win once in a blue moon you are not making a profit.

Who said every week, select your games carefully. Why on earth were newcastle 12-1 after last week, its begging you to back it against a very unpredictable Arsenal team, which was proven today. If you play 433 and have 2 attempts on target, you must change this system, but no due to Wengers ignorance he persists with it, when it clearly doesn't work. Aresnal were at full strength today, and if you tell me they don't have the ability to beat Newcastle a team full of journeymen, well then i don't know.

I can't see the any harm in a switch, Wenger has done you very proud but the day Flamini was allowed to walk out of that club, my mind was made up. Kinda gives you an insight into his ambition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Who said every week, select your games carefully. Why on earth were newcastle 12-1 after last week, its begging you to back it against a very unpredictable Arsenal team, which was proven today. If you play 433 and have 2 attempts on target, you must change this system, but no due to Wengers ignorance he persists with it, when it clearly doesn't work. Aresnal were at full strength today, and if you tell me they don't have the ability to beat Newcastle a team full of journeymen, well then i don't know.

I can't see the any harm in a switch, Wenger has done you very proud but the day Flamini was allowed to walk out of that club, my mind was made up. Kinda gives you an insight into his ambition.

You said every time we play a 'small team' That's 20-25 games a year.

No, he said
    i back the underdog everytime against you and i profit from it.

That's almost every game.

Nonetheless, he's doubtlessly one of these gamblers with an edge on the bookies due to his awesome insights into the game.

Can't figure out why still only betting small amounts though.

Nay

Depends on who you consider a small team, i consider there to be 9 weak teams in the PL, 6 of which i would back against you in a heartbeat, 4 out of 6 came up trumps last season and 2 so far this season with 1 that went against me. Which 4 well you work that out and you will be quids in.

Nay
    gosplan wrote: »
    No, he said

That's almost every game.

Nonetheless, he's doubtlessly one of these gamblers with an edge on the bookies due to his awesome insights into the game.

Can't figure out why still only betting small amounts though.

Because i know my limits and football's a funny aul game. Number 1 rule in gambling, only lose what you can afford to lose.

Because i know my limits and football's a funny aul game. Number 1 rule in gambling, only lose what you can afford to lose.

That makes sense. Surefire way to make money though it is :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully for you he stays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Nay
    Wenger out, holloway in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Nay
    defo think he should go , after all he has won nowt for 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

This thread is embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

BERBA wrote: »

Yeah, fire one of the greatest managers in the club's history.

Great plan.

Nay
    #15 wrote: »
    Yeah, fire one of the greatest managers in the club's history.

Great plan.

Suppose if your happy winning nowt leave him there , but losing at home to 2 of the promoted teams from last season bodes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Of course he has to go, he spent a catastrophic £18.48m (net spend to the end of last season) and only brought us to a new stadium and only won 3 Premierships and 4 FA Cups, including 1 unbeaten season and 1 double and qualifying for the Champions League every season. Clearly a joke of a manager, we need someone of the calibre of Martin O'Neill or Harry Redknapp to take us forward!

Nay
    L'prof wrote: »
    Of course he has to go, he spent a catastrophic £18.48m (net spend to the end of last season) and only brought us to a new stadium and only won 3 Premierships and 4 FA Cups, including 1 unbeaten season and 1 double. Clearly a joke of a manager, we need someone of the calibre of Martin O'Neill or Harry Redknapp to take us forward!

again , 5 years without a trophy , long time that in show business

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Then it's lucky this is football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes let's go down the Spurs route of appointing a new manager at the first sign of trouble. That'll work :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

^^^^^

Conspicuous by his absence yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Is that the only drum you've got? Bang away!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bring back' Coneman !! aka Stewart Houston

Nay
    greendom wrote: »
    Yes let's go down the Spurs route of appointing a new manager at the first sign of trouble. That'll work :rolleyes:

seemed to work at the last attempt , not about us though , arent you guys worried at the 5 year drought or even wengers stubborness to not buy a keeper and still go with those 2 clowns fabianski and almunia , he should have splashed on given.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

he should have splashed on given.

Splashed out on someone who can't organize a defense nor command his area aerially?

Yeah, that'd help.

He'd be stonewall useless with the defense we have, he's a great shot stopper but not the solution to Arsenals problems. The problem lies in the defense, not the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

seemed to work at the last attempt , not about us though , arent you guys worried at the 5 year drought or even wengers stubborness to not buy a keeper and still go with those 2 clowns fabianski and almunia , he should have splashed on given.

No

Suppose if your happy winning nowt leave him there , but losing at home to 2 of the promoted teams from last season bodes well

Not an Arsenal fan, so I'd prefer if they didn't win anything.

However, in the last five years, the only managers who have won PL medals are Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti.

It's not like Wenger is losing to a bunch of chumps. He's managed to compete on a shoestring with Utd and Chelsea.

The football bubble will burst sooner or later, and Arsenal may well be sitting pretty thanks to Wenger's insistence on
    1) not spending silly money
    and
    2) developing his own players

It's pointless saying he should get the sack if you're not going to name a replacement who could do a better job.

Also LOL@ the spurs fan acting all big-time after a few games in the champions league.:pac::pac:

Lots of reports saying Wenger made a big money move for Reina during the summer but couldn't get his man. I reckon we can take it at this stage that he's not a big fan of Given.

Nonetheless, Fabianski has had a really good run of games lately. Yeah it was a big mistake but if the rest of the team had been playing, then it mightn't have counted ... kind of like VDS's drop the other week.

Nay
    #15 wrote: »
    Not an Arsenal fan,

who do ye support then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Don't know about you guys but i think his time has come to an end.

The football Arsenal are playing is complete rubbish, this team that he has is not going to win anything for the foreseeable future.Just watching Sky here and look at the fantastic stadium, loyal supporters and the dearest seats to any soccer domestic fixture worldwide.

If fabregas has half a brain he will be out of there this summer. Last trophy in 2005 is shocking for a team which considers itself one of the best in Europe. To me they are a average mid-table team going nowhere fast, under this French misfit.

I've heard it all now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Whoever started this Thread should be shot with balls of there own Shoite !

There is not 1 club in the world that would not have Arsene as there manager tomorrow.

What the man has done for AFC is astounding , he doesn't buy a keeper in a over priced distorted transfer market and a thread like this pops up.

Give me a break .

Suppose George Graham would replace him :eek:

M (LFC supporter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Just read Fever Pitch there and it really put in perspective for me what a load of bollocks this '5 years without a trophy' business is. Just shows how spoiled and impatient some people these days are. Arsenal went from 1954 to 1971 winning nothing and 1972 to 1989 winning one FA cup and one League Cup. The club as it is now is healthier than it ever has been and that's largely due to Wenger.

Nay
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Ah lad you recovered from the football lesson from bolton lad, didn't think i'd see you around for a while lad.

you got stop repeating yourself ! sign of madness that, think you posted above yesterday as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

you got stop repeating yourself ! sign of madness that, think you posted above yesterday as well

Any chance you'll stop licking windows?

Ah lad you recovered from the football lesson from bolton lad, didn't think i'd see you around for a while lad.

Ah lad will you change the fcuking record like a good lad?

Nay
    Any chance you'll stop licking windows?

u wont get a rise outta me , i aint mickman

• Advertisement

u wont get a rise outta me , i aint mickman

No, you're more retarded than he'll ever be. You are an embarrassment to all decent Spurs fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Nay
    Ah lad will you change the fcuking record like a good lad?
    Fair enough, it's bad form to annoy other spurs fans just because he's annoying as fcuk.

Nay
    No, you're more retarded than he'll ever be. You are an embarrassment to all decent Spurs fans.

your some boy to throw around the insults , bad form mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol at thread. If ever there was a thread that showed just how fickle football fans are then this is it.

your some boy to throw around the insults , bad form mate.

Don't call me mate, you never have been or never will be my mate. You make the life of decent Spurs fans on this forum a pain in the arse. Now do one like a good lad.

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol at thread. If ever there was a thread that showed just how fickle football fans are then this is it.

Dunno, the liverpool superthread might be a good one too. A few lads can't make up their minds on woy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Don't call me mate, you never have been or never will be my mate. You make the life of decent Spurs fans on this forum a pain in the arse. Now do one like a good lad.

Which spuds fans are you talking about? sure arn't they all in their own forum.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Nay
    The Muppet wrote: »
    Which spuds fans are you talking about? sure arn't they all in their own forum.:)
    everdead.ie for one, and THFC sometimes, they are the only two spuds fans I know of on here and remember, mainly because they're posts are normally sensible and well thought out, especially everdead's.

everdead.ie for one, and THFC sometimes, they are the only two spuds fans I know of on here and remember, mainly because they're posts are normally sensible and well thought out, especially everdead's.

I must keep an eye out for him, does he post in the Liverpool threads?;)

I'd like to consider myself a decent Spurs fan but over the last while I've found myself drift further and further away as a result of the cringeworthy sh1te from some spurs fans and the absolute pisstaking from some non-spurs fans. I'm sure you can piece things together.

Nay
    I'd like to consider myself a decent Spurs fan but over the last while I've found myself drift further and further away as a result of the cringeworthy sh1te from some spurs fans and the absolute pisstaking from some non-spurs fans. I'm sure you can piece things together.

you have found yourself drifting away ??? gimme a break , you have been insulting towards fellow spurs fans on that forum for a while now and its bigtime bang out of order.

You saying your a decent spurs fan and you 'crystal ball' i'm not! Good lad.

you have found yourself drifting away ??? gimme a break , you have been insulting towards fellow spurs fans on that forum for a while now and its bigtime bang out of order.

You saying your a decent spurs fan and you 'crystal ball' i'm not! Good lad.

I have more respect for Arsenal fans than I do for the likes of you.

As for the other forum why don't you concentrate on how you're making a tit of yourself and leave others to worry about how they are getting on on boards?

Finally, I've done more for spurs fans on this forum than you ever will, so go fcuk yourself.
    good lad

Has it ever been any different?

Has it ever been any different?

Well there was the time just before we let you back on...

Well there was the time just before we let you back on...

Thanks for that.:p

There wasn't really you know , it was no different, just different people .

• Advertisement
Advertisement