Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it time for Arsene Wenger to go?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Thought i'd drag this up again considering my amazing predictions, which were Arsenal winning nothing again, buying nobody of significance and Cesc will ask to leave at the end of the season, i said all this last May and here we are. The cracks are bigging to widen and with your top player adamant to leave where do you all stand on Mr Wenger now.

By the way 90% of you said these things wouldn't happen, its all to predictable with Arsenal under Wenger, would you like next seasons outlook now so you can run to the bookies.
    Arsenal not winning anything, what a terribly brave prediction.

I think you'll find you can probably think of at least 1 significant signing if you think hard enough.

Reports of Cesc's adamancy vary. He certainly hasn't handed in a transfer request thus far. Again, Fabregas wanting to return to Barcelona after Arsenal not winning anything is hardly clairvoyant.

... and all of this doesn't necessary mean Wenger has done a bad job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Nay
    DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    To be honest, Wenger has been saying for years that he's preparing Arsenal for the future

My question is, when is that future going to be, or has it already come and gone with a whimper?
    I could see an apres match skit on this.
    The thing about the future is you never reach it because your always in the present:pac:

He can't keep building teams that are going to be great in a couple of years.
    Although just because they could loose fabergas this summer doesn't mean there not going to replace him I can see Wenger doing very well with the 30-50m he could spend on a replacement(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Nay
    Still time to save your season yet. 2 years on and he still won't change his way's, how does the song go, same oul Arsenal ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Can a mod just lock this please? Our season won't be saved by getting Wenger and even if it was, at what cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

L'prof wrote: »
    Can a mod just lock this please? Our season won't be saved by getting Wenger and even if it was, at what cost?

+12.

Nay

It boils down to him, he picks the team, he shows faith in useless players, he see's things nobody else see's. There needs to be a change for Arsenal to progress, he is just to stubborn to change his ways or admit fault. He's building for the future the last decade or so, its a fair question, i personally feel Arsenal would benefit from a change at the helm.

It boils down to him, he picks the team, he shows faith in useless players, he see's things nobody else see's. There needs to be a change for Arsenal to progress, he is just to stubborn to change his ways or admit fault. He's building for the future the last decade or so, its a fair question, i personally feel Arsenal would benefit from a change at the helm.

That's simply wrong and if you can't see that, I don't see the point in discussing this any further!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

It's not Wenger's fault that his team isn't good enough to win trophies when competing against the likes of Chelsea. What he done has been remarkable, take him out of Arsenal's setup and they'll be in a much worse situation imo.

eZe^ wrote: »
    It's not Wenger's fault that his team isn't good enough to win trophies when competing against the likes of Chelsea. What he done has been remarkable, take him out of Arsenal's setup and they'll be in a much worse situation imo.

The sooner Platini's spend within your means ruling comes in the better. Not just for Arsenal, but football in general!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

he is just to stubborn to change his ways or admit fault.
    Love it. You drag up a thread for the third time and then call Arsene Wenger stubborn...

I didn't see you bringing this up after the Braga match, or the Blackpool match or the CC match the other night. I'm sure you were saying the same then, I must have just missed it.

Anyway, that's the last response you'll get from me. And hopefully from anyone if a mod would maybe lock the thread for being about two years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Whoa whoa whoa..I cant believe you almost got away with this comment. It's not Wenger's fault that his team isn't good enough?? WTF? Who's fault is it then? I understand what you are trying to say here but does this mean that it also wasn't Phil Brown's fault that Hull weren't good enough to compete with the teams around him leading to their relegation last year. Or in fact every other manager before him who failed to compete in whatever league or cup they were in, it wasnt their fault that the other team/s were better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nay
    Wenger should be told, ordered to buy a keeper in January or told to sling his hook. Not to do so would be a dereliction of duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Threads like this are a great d*ckhead filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

This thread will make hilarious bump material in the post-Wenger years, when Arsenal are fighting desperately for a Europa League spot.

#15 wrote: »
    This thread will make hilarious bump material in the post-Wenger years, when Arsenal are fighting desperately for a Europa League spot.

The work that Wenger's put in should ensure that it doesn't happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sigh, you just knew this would be dragged up.

Should Ancelotti go after losing to Citeh?

Should Ferguson step down after throwing away a 2 goal lead at Goodison?

Should Mourinho be sacked after a poor draw against strugglers Levante?

And so on, so forth.

These threads should be bannable offences imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

They are not only competing against chelsea, if chelsea werent around they still wouldnt have won the league, they have finished behind united in most recent seasons too

cson wrote: »
    Sigh, you just knew this would be dragged up.

Should Ancelotti go after losing to Citeh?

Should Ferguson step down after throwing away a 2 goal lead at Goodison?

Should Mourinho be sacked after a poor draw against strugglers Levante?

And so on, so forth.

These threads should be bannable offences imo.

Maybe its reading threads like these thats made Big Sam think he has a shot at the bigtime?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

What a nonsense thread. Thats all I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Don't even know why I am lowering myself to this thread but ah well.
    Arsene Wenger has his faults as a manager and some of his decisions have been questionable but he is without doubt one of the greatest premiership managers ever and has made Arsenal into one of the most successful and competitive teams in England.
    I would like to emphasize the competitive part as for me this is very important, Arsenal may not have won as much as they would have liked but they are always in contention for both domestic and European honors.
    He not only does this with at times beautiful football but he has managed to do this with a budget and has been extremely responsible with the finances of Arsenal.
    For me, Arsene Wenger is Arsenal, obviously he will leave eventually and the club will continue on as clubs always do but I believe he will leave the club in great shape but also with the culture of how a club should be run on and off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Pure and simple the greatest manager of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The sooner Platini's spend within your means ruling comes in the better. Not just for Arsenal, but football in general!

But especially for Arsenal. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    But especially for Arsenal. :pac:

Well yes, for Arsenal under Wenger, this should be most beneficial :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I actually thought it was a joke thread title. If Arsenal got rid of Wenger, it would be the stupidest thing to happen in the world. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think the OP forgot to finish his sentence on the title - it should have ended .......and try and find a decent keeper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nay
    As an arsenal fan i personally think its time for him to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Wenger needs to give up on these goalkeeping **** and get some new Seaman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nay
    lol good 1

Nay
    Now the season is going pear shaped, 433 and 2 shots on target. Wenger is getting stale and looks very dis-interested......wonder what Martin O' Neill is up to these days, he could get plenty more from this team that what Wenger is getting, also very unusual for Arsenal fans to leave very early and boo thier team off the pitch, is the tide turning. Martin O Neill would make you contenders at the minute your pretenders.

• Advertisement

Oh FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Now the season is going pear shaped, 433 and 2 shots on target. Wenger is getting stale and looks very dis-interested......wonder what Martin O' Neill is up to these days, he could get plenty more from this team that what Wenger is getting, also very unusual for Arsenal fans to leave very early and boo thier team off the pitch, is the tide turning. Martin O Neill would make you contenders at the minute your pretenders.
    you are wrong imo.

You, your post and your thread are an absolute joke! Martin O'Neill??? Just go away!

O' Neill LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Watch arsenal crash and burn without Arsene and he would be snapped up in a heartbeat

You, your post and your thread are an absolute joke! Martin O'Neill??? Just go away!

He's quite clearly trolling.

Doesn't like Arsenal/Arsene Wenger for whatever reason and anytime Arsenal lose/draw/don't beat a team by more than 3 he'll drag it up.

I must bookmark this thread to drag up if we beat United/City/Chelsea/Spurs by a couple this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

MO'N please only Fergie and Jose are better than Arsene IMHO

Nay
    cson wrote: »
    He's quite clearly trolling.

Doesn't like Arsenal/Arsene Wenger for whatever reason and anytime Arsenal lose/draw/don't beat a team by more than 3 he'll drag it up.

I must bookmark this thread to drag up if we beat United/City/Chelsea/Spurs by a couple this season.

Its not trolling, you go back through the thread and everything i have said is fact, everything i predicted is happening. Its all too predictable and its only a matter of time before the fans turn and get sick of it.

I've never said a bad word againt Arsenal and take offence to your comment.
    I've never said i don't like Wenger, i don't like his management style and tactics. I also take offence to this. No need to tell lies or accuse me of something to hide facts.

Also its all well in good beating the top four, but when you struggle against the bottom four, questions must be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

All very true. What Arsenal need as a club is a proper footballing team with a proper football strategy, perhaps one that'll put us 700 million in debt in exchange for a couple of trophies.

Its not trolling, you go back through the thread and everything i have said is fact, everything i predicted is happening. Its all too predictable and its only a matter of time before the fans turn and get sick of it.

I've never said a bad word againt Arsenal and take offence to your comment.
    I've never said i don't like Wenger, i don't like his management style and tactics. I also take offence to this. No need to tell lies or accuse me of something to hide facts.

Look, I'm not going to entertain your nonsense by detailing how wrong you are, please feel free to lay an impressive new benchmark in shitetalking with each post of typed diarrhoea you see fit to contribute to your thread.

Enjoy! ;)

• Advertisement

Also its all well in good beating the top four, but when you struggle against the bottom four, questions must be asked.

Newcastle are in the top four

Nay
    gosplan wrote: »
    All very true. What Arsenal need as a club is a proper footballing team with a proper football strategy, perhaps one that'll put us 700 million in debt in exchange for a couple of trophies.

Excuse after excuse. Arsenal have a team right now that could challenge no problem, only player i would try bring in would be a keeper. So the rubbish about debts and money doesn't wash with me. They have a capable squad right now. The people that run the club have Arsenal in the great position they are in finacially not Wenger, if they threw money at him, he would gladly spend it. So you should be thanking other people within the club for the lack of money problems not Wenger, he can only spend what he is given.

Nay
    gosplan wrote: »
    Newcastle are in the top four

Not making a point about today, making a point in general, they always struggle against the lesser teams, nobody fears Arsenal, i back the underdog everytime against you and i profit from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

arsene does not need to go and should not even be discussed. However his refusal to buy a goalie and decent centre back needs to be discussed. Arsenal have been crying out for a goal keeper for to long. The purchase of that clown koscienly was a joke. Without knowing when vermalen will be back arsenal will struggle and even then i dont think the centre backs are a top 4 pairing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Not making a point about today, making a point in general, they always struggle against the lesser teams, nobody fears Arsenal, i back the underdog everytime against you and i profit from it.

Yeah that's a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

care to elborate on that insightful post. -
    Edit: sorry thought you had replied to my post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

racso1975 wrote: »
    care to elborate on that insightful post

I'm talking to Pokerface saying he makes a profit betting against Arsenal and for the 'small' teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

racso1975 wrote: »
    arsene does not need to go and should not even be discussed. However his refusal to buy a goalie and decent centre back needs to be discussed. Arsenal have been crying out for a goal keeper for to long. The purchase of that clown koscienly was a joke. Without knowing when vermalen will be back arsenal will struggle and even then i dont think the centre backs are a top 4 pairing

The above is Wengers biggest problems. The GK situation is a bit baffling at this stage IMO

Excuse after excuse.Arsenal have a team right now that could challenge no problem, only player i would try bring in would be a keeper. So the rubbish about debts and money doesn't wash with me.

What excuse? You seem to be deciding my argument for me. If you're simply here to go through the motions then you should probably just shout in the mirror at yourself.

Of course this Arsenal squad should be beating teams like Newcastle and West Brom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Can this thread not just be locked? I'm sick of it's idiotic appearance every time Arsenal lose a match!!

Advertisement