Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First attempt at Video....

Options
  • 10-05-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Created a music video for a college project, used Premiere for 95% and After Effects for the rest. Shot on a cheap sony cam.

Any comments/critiques?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I like it. If I saw it late at night on a music channel I wouldn't be thinking it was some student project.

I was looking forward to more gore though. :)

Could you add blood splattering across the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Surly

Very impressed by that... especially considering it's your first attempt.

The only shots that stood out to me (in regard to it being shot on a cheap camera) were the ones around 0:50, with the knife running against the mirror - they look a bit too clean. Bit of extra grain would sort that out.

Puts a lot of professional videos to shame though, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭decimal

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I like it. If I saw it late at night on a music channel I wouldn't be thinking it was some student project.

I was looking forward to more gore though. :)

Could you add blood splattering across the camera?

Thanks! I was going to do add some gore to it, but due to time constraints and not going out and making fake blood (my fiorst idea was red wine, lol) I didn't leave it in the end. I then said to myself that less is more in order to be happy with the end product, lol.
    Surly wrote: »
    Very impressed by that... especially considering it's your first attempt.

The only shots that stood out to me (in regard to it being shot on a cheap camera) were the ones around 0:50, with the knife running against the mirror - they look a bit too clean. Bit of extra grain would sort that out.

Puts a lot of professional videos to shame though, fair play.

Thanks! Nicely spotted with the clean shots of the knife, I overlooked that. I took the lazy way out and just applied the same video effects to the photos without tweaking them.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Had great fun making it and appreciate the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

No prob!

How long did it take you to shoot and edit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭decimal

I was jumping in and out of the video, took me maybe 8 hours to get all the scenes recorded and the photos shot. Probably about 12 hours of editing. I'm not really sure because of I didn't do it in one go. A fair bit of time was spent learning AE and Premiere aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement