Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shutter replacement for eos 1d mkII?

• 10-05-2009 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can get this done in dublin for cheap?
    i can source the part myself but i dont want to chance fitting it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Safest bet, send it back to Canon (UK).

Don't know of anywhere, off hand, that will just install it for you.

My 1D MkIII is going back to Canon (UK) tomorrow for a fault repair. Nice of them to arrange collection, repair, and shipping back to me, at no cost to me, and returned within 3 days. Maybe that's a big advantage of being a CPS member.

CPS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

any chance you can get a second one (replacement shutter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

of course that would be the obvious thing to do, but im gonna find it hard to scrape the money together to pay for the shutter. i need to get it done cheap. going thru canon would more than likely be the most expensive route.

its an eos 1d mkII, more age/wear&tear than actual fault.
    Paulw wrote: »
    Safest bet, send it back to Canon (UK).

Don't know of anywhere, off hand, that will just install it for you.

My 1D MkIII is going back to Canon (UK) tomorrow for a fault repair. Nice of them to arrange collection, repair, and shipping back to me, at no cost to me, and returned within 3 days. Maybe that's a big advantage of being a CPS member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

CPS?

Canon Professional Services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

hiya
    Sorry to say!!
    about 2 years back - I had a Canon EOS 1 D mk I (out of warranty) that the shutter failed on!! was a major crisis at the time for me, after a lot of research I found that the only route available was to get it returned to Canon UK (through Image Supply Syatems) cost something like €500 at the time, but i had to get it fixed as there wasn't an alternative! otherwise it was gonna be a very expensive paperweight.

Fionn wrote: »
    hiya
    Sorry to say!!
    about 2 years back - I had a Canon EOS 1 D mk I (out of warranty) that the shutter failed on!! was a major crisis at the time for me, after a lot of research I found that the only route available was to get it returned to Canon UK (through Image Supply Syatems) cost something like €500 at the time, but i had to get it fixed as there wasn't an alternative! otherwise it was gonna be a very expensive paperweight.

well i can get the shutter delivered to my door for 150euro, i dont think i wanna pay someone 350euro for an hours work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Kumate_champ07 I can recommend these for repair, got a new USM motor and all the elements cleaned in a canon 300mm f4 for 145euro, the lens works a treat. The shop is near portebello but they do there repairs out in a workshop in Crumlin.

http://www.camerarepaircentre.com/

heffsarmy wrote: »
    Kumate_champ07 I can recommend these for repair, got a new USM motor and all the elements cleaned in a canon 300mm f4 for 145euro, the lens works a treat. The shop is near portebello but they do there repairs out in a workshop in Crumlin.

http://www.camerarepaircentre.com/

thanks but i already emailed them and they cant help with the shutter replacement. i did get a quote of 180 to fit it from a different camera repair place but im thinking what if i get the shutter fit and there was also something else wrong but the irish shop cant figure out because they dont have the right testing/calibration equipment.. im 90% sure the shutter is the only problem.

why did this have to happen just before i move home when money is tight and i have important gigs coming up!!
    and i lost my media player a week ago...

Advertisement