Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody in the institute or doing grinds there

Options
  • 10-05-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey,

Just wondering what did the teachers predict would come up in the exams i heard there predictions are usually correct. I would love to know what poets they predicted would come up in english. Just thought this would be a useful post for people
    to have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've never been near the Institute, but most people seem to be predicting Bishop, Keats, Longley and Walcott to come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

What Institute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

For the Macbeth question,there is talk about deception... of course maybe thats all it really is.How acurate would you say these predicitons are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

poisonated wrote: »
    How acurate would you say these predicitons are?

They are purely based on guesswork and looking at previous papers.

There is no way anyone actually involved in setting would indicate what a question is on. There would be fairly serious legal ramifications for anyone doing so, plus they would never get to do any work for the SEC again. The teams of setters change regularly too, so even looking at styles of questions in the past doesn't help.

Don't restrict yourself to just one poet/theme/whatever. The more options you cover, the more choices you'll have in the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I've never been near the Institute, but most people seem to be predicting Bishop, Keats, Longley and Walcott to come up :)
    Damn I really want Mahon to come up.

Hes the only poet whose work I have enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Jammyc wrote: »
    Damn I really want Mahon to come up.

Hes the only poet whose work I have enjoyed.

Well I'm not God :P.... He might come up!

Well I'm not God.... He might come up!
    Your not??:(
    Hope he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I hope Longley doesnt come up because I doubt he will come up next year, if he came up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

OP: I can tell you what's going to come up! ;) Seriously though, I pride myself on my predictions!

English:
    Poetry - Bishop, Longley (one of those two will DEFINITELY appear)
    Macbeth - Kingship, Deception, Sympathy (I'd be surprised if one of those three don't appear)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What about Supernatural stuff for Macbeth?

• Advertisement

Im fairly sure Keats will come up, I mean they usually pick a classical poet, and hes the only on our course, so Im guessin it makes sense for him to.

Advertisement