Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

38729_1496339841794_1033029636_1432052_3558679_n.jpg

Best lunch break ever today. Found one of these badboys installed in my work gym! I'd stopped using the place for ages as all they had was a smith machine. Followed this up with a steak sub from subway one of the lads picked up for me, tasty.

As if that wasn't good enough Dublin just beat Tyrone. Not a bad aul day for having to work 12 hours.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Drifter was the cable attachment difficult to install or an easy enough job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

38729_1496339841794_1033029636_1432052_3558679_n.jpg

Very nice.

Where you planning on getting the bumpers, these are the cheapest I've seen. Would your bar take being dropped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

That's so good. How much was the cage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Davei141 wrote: »
    Drifter was the cable attachment difficult to install or an easy enough job?

na simple enough to attach i managed it by myself well worth it though...
    Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Very nice.

Where you planning on getting the bumpers, these are the cheapest I've seen. Would your bar take being dropped though.

I hadnt looked yet scuba...ive spent enough for now...ill wait for next months pay check :P cheers for the link

as for the dropping.... anything ill be doing for the next few months will be light as im staying away from heave till after my few runs ive coming up. Ill try the bar anyways if it doesnt hold up ill get a better one :)

That's so good. How much was the cage?

I got it in IrishLifting so give mickk a shout for price info..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

na simple enough to attach i managed it by myself well worth it though...

Cheers might pick up one myself in that case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

could anyone who reads german fairly well pm me....

Plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭COH

could anyone who reads german fairly well pm me....

Plz.

Google Translator

COH wrote: »
    Google Translator

won't do for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

pyzamicecube.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Im after butcherin my back AGAIN:(

shakencat wrote: »
    Im after butcherin my back AGAIN:(

whatch do that for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

whatch do that for!

ah for the laugh ya know,

no pain no gain ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

8 weeks intermediate swimming lessons starting for me tomorrow evening. Any one in UL gym tomorrow at 8pm and see someone who looks like they are dying in a pool - that'l be me.

ULstudent wrote: »
    8 weeks intermediate swimming lessons starting for me tomorrow evening. Any one in UL gym tomorrow at 8pm and see someone who looks like they are dying in a pool - that'l be me.

oh im soooo fooking there to see this :D

anyone in UL gym tomorrow evening around 8 ill be the bald fat guy laughing into the swimming pool :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

oh im soooo fooking there to see this :D

anyone in UL gym tomorrow evening around 8 ill be the bald fat guy laughing into the swimming pool :p

I'll go squatting and chuck the bar off my back out the glass onto you... to remind you what heavy weights feel like :p

Parsley wrote: »
    I'll go squatting and chuck the bar off my back out the glass onto you... to remind you what heavy weights feel like :p

its ok.... im quick enough to get out of the way now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The drifter, I have all the same gear as you, cage, cable attachment, plates and bar etc etc

Very sturdy bit of kit, have mine 3 years I think at this stage and they're still going strong

Only thing is, weigh the bar. Mine is 17kg and not 20. It's not a big deal as I just leave 1.25kg on each side and the big collars on and that makes it 20.

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote: »
    The drifter, I have all the same gear as you, cage, cable attachment, plates and bar etc etc

Very sturdy bit of kit, have mine 3 years I think at this stage and they're still going strong

Only thing is, weigh the bar. Mine is 17kg and not 20. It's not a big deal as I just leave 1.25kg on each side and the big collars on and that makes it 20.

I shall indeed so this!

mmm i had to stop cooking a pizza half way through too go back into the office...wonder can i just turn it back on again when i go home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

give it an extra few minutes if you're worried.

give it an extra few minutes if you're worried.

shame to waste a good dinner....although food poisioning would meen a few days out of the office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mmm i had to stop cooking a pizza half way through too go back into the office...wonder can i just turn it back on again when i go home?
    Should be fine, the meats are already cooked on pizzas, I often let frozen ones defrost in the fridge so they cook faster, and I have ate leftover pizza many times with no problem, and this is sort of the same thing. Best thing to have done would be take it out and put it in the fridge right away, you can leave it outside for the wind to chill it quickly, I usually do that anyway -nothing worse than being starving and wolfing down scalding hot cheese. Or fan it with a newspaper to cool it.

This site is brilliant for amazon
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-amazon-loopholes#uncover

if you scroll down you can pick whatever section you want to search, and sub sections and then the range of discounts, i.e. only view products with 80% or more off.

I only buy from amazon, other sellers will be listed too, if you spend over £25 delivery is free, though earlier I got some tshirts & a top for just under £25 and still got it free delivery. Amazon items will have "Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery." under them.

• Advertisement

For those beef jerky fans out there, there's a new Irish company that are producing it, about 3.50 a pack. I don't know if its nationwide yet. I'm not shilling for them, just thought people would like to know and also I got the impression it might be a sligo company, gotta support out own. Anyways the website has a link to the store but it doesn't work yet which is a bummer. I had some of their classic flavour, its good stuff. GF really liked it too and she used to eat it fairly often when she worked in the states so would know if it were good or not unlike me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

For those beef jerky fans out there, there's a new Irish company that are producing it, about 3.50 a pack. I don't know if its nationwide yet. I'm not shilling for them, just thought people would like to know and also I got the impression it might be a sligo company, gotta support out own. Anyways the website has a link to the store but it doesn't work yet which is a bummer. I had some of their classic flavour, its good stuff. GF really liked it too and she used to eat it fairly often when she worked in the states so would know if it were good or not unlike me.

Keep us posted, loved that stuff when I was in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

This is how I feel before a heavy lift.....

aqadi.jpg

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Yup keep us updated please. I know at least one person who'll be interested!

• Advertisement

+1 get it from uk...but would prefer too support irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

+1 get it from uk...but would prefer too support irish

You know about Biltong.ie don't you?

grimloch wrote: »
    Keep us posted, loved that stuff when I was in the US.

As part of my messed up dreams last night I dreamt that the shop page of the website was working. I have weird dream topics. Anyways the website is www.beefjerkysnacks.ie they have a list of shops that sell the product and you can keep an eye on the shop link to see when it starts working (I assume they know its not working atm). Most of the shops are in sligo but there are a couple in Cork I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Just to remind me how utterly weak I am in comparison to the greats: Svetlana Podobedova in the 75kg class (same weight class as me) @ the WWC 2009 setting new snatch and c&j world records with 132kg and 160kg respectively. Just wow. Can't get over how narrow her starting stance is.

LOL @ 4:03 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I blame the government.

I recognise that coach from other videos.
    But I thought he was coaching a korean lady the last time I saw him.

BriantheBard:

what are you going to do with shoes that you weren't doing fine in runners, cons or barefoot?

Me: look the shit

Apparently i tore a pec and kept training....

That sounds about right. Back from the physical therapist then? What's the diagnosis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That sounds about right. Back from the physical therapist then? What's the diagnosis?

Super AIDS. L really has to learn a lesson this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

All I can say is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

A feeling I know and hate. Ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

my wisdom tooth's sore... i could only eat ONE of the rasher, scrambled egg and cheese sandwiches I made :(

Did you just google half naked crossfit women or something??

Did you just google half naked crossfit women or something??

um.....

heh,

heheh,

hehehehehe,

*whistles*

Thanks btw.

Thanks btw.

;)

it was in the links on 70sbig.com, i'd ignored it up to now, i had assumed it was a blog of some ape like man doing some sort of weird paleo shiite

• Advertisement

GorillaJesus posts in the "couch thread" on Iron Garm.
    Make of that what you will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement