Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i do love a good foam roll and stretch in the mornings....

holidays are great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm loving the way so many randomers are coming out of the woodwork now that there's a free seminar on offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Well done!

pipe.h1.gif Could these copper pipe insulation thingys be used as a foam roller? (with something to fill in the gap obviously.) Have a load of them in the Shed.
    They'd be too soft. On the other hand are you getting rid of them and are they for standard plumbing? Cos I have a use for them on my boxing ring.

I think I wanna push press 140kg and deadlift 290kg by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Someone go dig up that goal thread 'till we make shit of it

Someone go dig up that goal thread 'till we make shit of it

Truth. FINALLY motivated to train again. Thank f*cking god for that. The last 4-5 months have been sh!t!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Hanley wrote: »
    Truth. FINALLY motivated to train again. Thank f*cking god for that. The last 4-5 months have been sh!t!!

time to get our collective arses in gear methinks. my goals were to bench 3 plates, squat 4 and DL 5.... that means another 20kg on my bench (might manage 5 or 10 by year's end) another 20kg on my squat (another round of smolov might take care of that) and 40kg on my deadlift. more deadlifting, less pussying around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

They'd be too soft. On the other hand are you getting rid of them and are they for standard plumbing? Cos I have a use for them on my boxing ring.

Even with some piping in the middle? Suppose I'll just have to buy one :rolleyes:

I'm fairly sure they're being used, but if not, I'll give you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Parsley wrote: »
    time to get our collective arses in gear methinks.

Now this I agree with! Not only have I not put on weight, I've actually lost loads!!!
    I was between 75 - 78kgs the beginning of the year. recently weighed in at a pathetic 70kgs!! ****ing sick!! :(

I need to pull the finger out, decide on a 3 - 6 month plan and stick with it.
    Oh and learn how to squat properly would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Now this I agree with! Not only have I not put on weight, I've actually lost loads!!!
    I was between 75 - 78kgs the beginning of the year. recently weighed in at a pathetic 70kgs!! ****ing sick!! :(

I need to pull the finger out, decide on a 3 - 6 month plan and stick with it.
    Oh and learn how to squat properly would be nice!

You need to go eating with me or L for a few days. Actually I'm low carbing atm so just L....I could give you pointers online though, sort of like a reverse shelby starnes.... :pac:

I need to eat the 'proverbial pies' it would seem.. or just spend more time with COH. He eats cake for breakfast! :pac:

Lol there's a man who knows what he's doing. Run down to Dunnes and get a pizza and cheesecake for tea, that's get you started. :P

I need to eat the 'proverbial pies' it would seem.. or just spend more time with COH. He eats cake for breakfast! :pac:

He eats cake BEFORE breakfast!

my goal is to stop running after the half and lift stuff again...

my goal is to stop running after the half and lift stuff again...

First goal of yours in about 6 months that I've endorsed.

First goal of yours in about 6 months that I've endorsed.

Goals....now endorsed by Hanley :rolleyes::p

I can't stop listening to this. Serious tune.

He eats cake BEFORE breakfast!

touché.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

two.jpg
    Some interesting stuff on chinups etc here, trying to equate things, like if you can do a chinup with ~60% added BW you should be able for an iron cross
    http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/08/chins-part-two-david-willoughby.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,642 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Got 100kg DL for 10 reps last night, 110kg for 8
    hmm, not sure if I should try to up the weight and lower the reps to gauge 1rm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Best way to test a 1rm is just to do it! I've never found any of those higher rep formulas accurate. (10 reps of x means 1 of y etc.)

Post work out meal..

2 chicken breasts
    5 eggs
    chopped green pepper mushroom and onion..
    some cheese

mixed the whole lot up and made the mother of all omlets :P

Eh what the ****.... where's everyone's myprotein sig link's gone?

Somebody reported them from the looks of things.

• Advertisement

more ****baggery..

they'd lose a ton of hits if we took down our logs.

twould serve 'em right

Somebody reported them from the looks of things.

For what??

Like maybe i'm just being dumb, but I don't see how they're breaching sig rules?!

more ****baggery..

they'd lose a ton of hits if we took down our logs.

twould serve 'em right

Yeah... I heard boards traffic dropped about 18% when you had your thread locked :pac:

Yeah... I heard boards traffic dropped about 18% when you had your thread locked :pac:

:P

For what??

Like maybe i'm just being dumb, but I don't see how they're breaching sig rules?!

I have no idea, just clicked the link where your sig was and brought me to a page about sigs being reported. The sig forum is private so I don't know why it was done.

edit; this is probably the rule it goes against - Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) is not allowed.

It doesn't mention referral links/codes so I imagine if you wrote a message before the link and then added the link to your myprotein referral code it would be ok?

• Advertisement

I have no idea, just clicked the link where your sig was and brought me to a page about sigs being reported. The sig forum is private so I don't know why it was done.

edit; this is probably the rule it goes against - Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) is not allowed.

It doesn't mention referral links/codes so I imagine if you wrote a message before the link and then added the link to your myprotein referral code it would be ok?

Your Teamtest link is gone too

Wasn't disguised... and there were no images in anyone sigs.

I posted and asked anyway, said what about just taking the hyperlink out.

Your Teamtest link is gone too

I think I took that out ages ago and put the kondratiev link instead?

mmm interesting

the signature rules say that refferal links are not allowed...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=547710&postcount=1 i think there are new rules in the signature fourm but i cant see that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Sig forum is private so that narcs don't get trolled/bullied off the site by someone who's annoyed their sweet final fantasy 7 sparkly custom animated sig got taken away.

Take this sig police

sig9mg.jpg

grimloch wrote: »
    Sig forum is private so that narcs don't get trolled/bullied off the site by someone who's annoyed their sweet final fantasy 7 sparkly custom animated sig got taken away.

Take this sig police

sig9mg.jpg

Boo Fake sig

I received a "heated" PM last time I did this.

I received a "heated" PM last time I did this.

**** em.

They don't lesten to reason anyway.

Or my mindless ramblings, it's the same thing really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

What a bunch of gays.

• Advertisement

the signature rules say that refferal links are not allowed...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=547710&postcount=1 i think there are new rules in the signature fourm but i cant see that either.

New rules here
    This forum is to allow the reporting of Boards.ie member signatures that are in breach of our rules. For clarity, here are the rules in full.

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:

Text: Including horizontal spaces - 4 lines normal size (font size 2) OR 8 lines small size (font size 1). Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the tags. Carriage returns/new lines are a separate line, so if your sig has three lines of text separated by two spacer lines - that's 5 lines.
    Images: Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 30k in size. No animated images are allowed.
    You may include 1 line of font size 2 or 2 lines of font size 1 text underneath an image.
    Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) is not allowed.
    Any sigs containing, or linking to, profanity, bigotry, racism, malware, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others will be removed and the member may be infacted or banned.

Note: for new members, you will not be able to create a signature until you have 25 posts. Please don't spam to hit this target, it'll just result in your posts being deleted.

As with a lot of Boards.ie guidelines, these things are at the discression of the Admins and Mods who look after this area of the site. If a sig is a few bytes over it's limit, it may be let slide.

If your sig has been snipped and you're not sure why, please start a new thread on this forum to ask and remember to be polite.

To report a sig, you can either create a new post linking to the member's profile and it'll get looked at or click on the Report icon on any post underneath the member's name and choosing the "Report Signature" option.

A couple of more points about this forum - you will only be able to see and respond to your own threads here. There are a few reasons for this, but basically we want people to be able to report sigs without being abused for it or for it to seem like some sort of petty nit-picking because of a disagreement on a thread somewhere.

Repeated breaches of these rules may result in an infraction or ban from the site.

I don't see anything about referrals there?!?

I was told referral links aren't allowed, but don't see it in the rules there??

New rules here

I don't see anything about referrals there?!?

I was told referral links aren't allowed, but don't see it in the rules there??

TL;DR am going with Sangre's synopsis

Read this one Hanley:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=547710&postcount=1

I reckon it wasn't included but still stands

Read this one Hanley:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=547710&postcount=1

I reckon it wasn't included but still stands

When something supersedes something else it takes the place of it. Therefore the new rules take the place of the old rules. Or should do at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

my sig's grand....

So's my new one :P

Mine's representing! :D

PVC Pipe 1

Daddy Long-Legs 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Tempted to turn on signatures just to see what all the hullabaloo is about!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement