Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

If there was ever anything that could convince me to go to Galway!!

The tourism board need to throw that info into those discover Ireland ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

gavtron wrote: »
    is someone going around reporting the MyProtein links in the sigs? I see a few of them have been removed...

like below... \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Are we not allowed to post MP links?! I have my referral code below.

Can a mod advise? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

choons wrote: »

Hi Choons

I have passed this question up the chain for clarification and will let you know what the response is.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi Choons

I have passed this question up the chain for clarification and will let you know what the response is.

Best Regards,

M

I opened a thread in the sig forum as well, so I'll let you know what I hear back.

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't break any of the rules, in my understanding of it anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

HOLY ****ING **** BALLS

633, no shirt, paused, with no arch, wtf?

matt kroc in the background aswell, strong room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Mikko Salo took 1 day off after the games and trained twice on the tuesday.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Anyone ordered anything with nerlinger.com. Seems to be a very convoluted process, haven't been able to pay for anything yet. They just ask for contact details and then nothing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Anyone ordered anything with nerlinger.com. Seems to be a very convoluted process, haven't been able to pay for anything yet. They just ask for contact details and then nothing really.

Yep, I ordered from there and once I sent the details I was given a bank a/c number to pay the money into. I though it was fairly straight-forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Scuba Ste wrote: »

yeah i have.

They're very promt once they get over the whole acting german thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I just expected a credit card payment type deal. Ill wait till they get back to me. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭COH

I want weightlifting shoes

COH wrote: »

i'll sell you mine for two fiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

for the fashion show?

choons wrote: »

Hi Choons et All

I have checked with the powers above and the feedback I received is that we should not be linking to MyProtein.co.uk in our sigs.

These are classed as referral links and as such contravene the sig rules of Boards.ie.

So my advice to any posters who may still have this in their sig would be to remove it. But if you chose not to, then once it comes to the attention of the Sig Police it will be removed anyway.

Best Regards,

Michael

thought you said they where gay....

• Advertisement

thought you said they where gay....

No, I said you were gay. The shoes are awesome

how was the size on them? i may consider renting/selling them to you

No, I said you were gay. The shoes are awesome

here you're loaded, and/or nuts i'm not sure.

Get something savage

U1989P6T12D2595564F44DT20061129180847.jpg

I need those ones. Price? Location?

I need those ones. Price? Location?

LOL, good luck with that.

They're pretty much impossible to find.

• Advertisement

LOL, good luck with that.

They're pretty much impossible to find.

hahahaha, i found 'em.

Now i'm sickend.

http://redrockscrossfit.typepad.com/nike/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

hahahaha, i found 'em.

Now i'm sickend.

http://redrockscrossfit.typepad.com/nike/

Ive ordered a set of these to give too my dog to chew on......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

The romaleos are supposed to be much less durable than any of the adidas shoes, and this video doesn't exactly inspire confidence:

edit: either does this blurb http://reviews.nike.com/9191/315815/reviews.htm

podge57 wrote: »
    The romaleos are supposed to be much less durable than any of the adidas shoes, and this video doesn't exactly inspire confidence:

which is the ancillary factor when you consider that they do in fact look the absolute ****!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

podge57 wrote: »

edit: either does this blurb http://reviews.nike.com/9191/315815/reviews.htm

1,000lb over head?

Knowledge fail.

Still, good enough for the chinese olympic team...

Hanley wrote: »
    Still, good enough for the chinese olympic team...

Hey you gotta support local labour :D:D

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi Choons et All

I have checked with the powers above and the feedback I received is that we should not be linking to MyProtein.co.uk in our sigs.

These are classed as referral links and as such contravene the sig rules of Boards.ie.

So my advice to any posters who may still have this in their sig would be to remove it. But if you chose not to, then once it comes to the attention of the Sig Police it will be removed anyway.

Best Regards,

Michael

It actually doesn't.

Per the sig forum rules there's no mention of referral links. In the OLD sig rules it was prohibited, but the new rules superceeded them and there's no mention of it.

The new rules can be found here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

Can't find the post with the old rules but you'll see in it that it specifically says in an edit that the new rules posted above superceed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

the rules wrote:
    "Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images)"

Checkmate Hanley...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Advertisement

Parsley wrote: »
    Checkmate Hanley...

FFS stop misquoting to try and make me look wrong.
    Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) is not allowed.

Nothing about referrals, just disguised links. As far as I remember the previous rules had the above AND a specific mention of referral links.

Any the link I had was simple text and a link to the website, and there were no images, and there were no disguises.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Steroids debate on FM104 right now. Entertaining, in part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

My work pants have reached their structural limit :mad: think i might need to cut:(

FFS stop misquoting to try and make me look wrong.

Nothing about referrals, just disguised links. As far as I remember the previous rules had the above AND a specific mention of referral links.

Any the link I had was simple text and a link to the website, and there were no images, and there were no disguises.

i wasn't trying to make you look wrong. that direct quote i took out backed up what you were saying entirely. go to bed, all this training's messing with your brain. :pac:

It actually doesn't.

Per the sig forum rules there's no mention of referral links. In the OLD sig rules it was prohibited, but the new rules superceeded them and there's no mention of it.

The new rules can be found here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

Can't find the post with the old rules but you'll see in it that it specifically says in an edit that the new rules posted above superceed it.

Hi All

I have seen and read the new rules and Hanely is correct, they do not expressly mention "referral links". However when Choons posted his question I went and asked the Administrators what was boards policy on the MP codes. The feedback that I received from an administrator was that the putting the MP codes in your sig was considered a referral link and therefore contravenes the signature rules of Boards.ie. Any such links which either come to the attention of the Sig police or are reported will be deleted.

For anybody who wants to hear it straight from the higher powers, please post a question on the Signature Forum.

Best Regards,

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

JJayoo wrote: »
    My work pants have reached their structural limit :mad: think i might need to cut:(

No you need to buy bigger pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

1,000lb over head?

Knowledge fail.

"Might have worked 80 years ago...."

That would be the weightlifting shoe that only came about in the 60s and 70s?

If this guy is that much of an idiot, (and he is) then I'm out.

that "building muscle?" thread has to be one of the funniest pieces of crap we've had in here since my log :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

good blog in general.

cc87 wrote: »

"Personally, I would rather trip and fall facefirst into Lil Kim's vagina during her period after she'd contracted ebola than run 10 miles, but to each their own."

Drifter, you listening? :pac:

Parsley wrote: »
    "Personally, I would rather trip and fall facefirst into Lil Kim's vagina during her period after she'd contracted ebola than run 10 miles, but to each their own."

Drifter, you listening? :pac:

:D

vbulleting have a feature where you can set a word to be replaced by another word on the forum

Im going to get "brah" replaced with " im a mindless twat"

vbulleting have a feature where you can set a word to be replaced by another word on the forum

Im going to get "running" replaced with " im a mindless twat"

FYP.

• Advertisement

We could put multiple words in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Im going to get "brah" replaced with " im a mindless twat"

Saw that on a different forum. "Physique" is replaced with "greased up man-ass" :D

What would you replace 'toned' with?

ACTUALLY...

Please, can we replace 'regards' with 'go f**k yourself'

Pretty please

What would you replace 'toned' with?

Hanley?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.