Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ULstudent wrote: »
    no sooner do i make a comment aimed a ya and you're recognised from boards!

you're lucky i hadn't seen it or i could have mistaken you for a chicken leg :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

2697076293_da04ddf955_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

2697076293_da04ddf955_b.jpg

now that looks ANIMAL:D serious sugar craving now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Brian just linked me this, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK. Could have added another 30kg onto that deadlift plus no mixed grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Can't believe how low his hips are on those deads. Feckin quadzilla. I'd say he's hooking the bar rather than goin strict double overhand. Who the hell got gold at that meet?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

tumblr_l474l7s94t1qc5kdko1_500.jpg
    Peanut Butter, Nutella and Maple-Bacon Rice Krispie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Can't believe how low his hips are on those deads. Feckin quadzilla. I'd say he's hooking the bar rather than goin strict double overhand. Who the hell got gold at that meet?!

Got a text saying 1,065kg won it. Including a 440kg squat. From a junior. SICK.

CYC's a monster. He's gonna be unreal.

JJayoo wrote: »

Brian just linked me this, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK. Could have added another 30kg onto that deadlift plus no mixed grip

I wouldn't be so sure. Some lifters are just hit or miss. Two of the best lifters in the world - Siders and Belyaev are the same. They hit lifts with apparent ease, take a moderate jump and get crushed. I don't know the actual explanation, but I assume it's because they're so fast twitch dominant and or neurologically efficient that they can't grind.

And the deadlift's hook gripped. Arguably more secure than regular mixed. One of the lads I train with farmer walks that way cos he can hold on for longer, and Koklaev's pulled 400 x3 like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

TF Sandyford - I just started Stronglifts so I'm obviously not lifting heavy at the moment. I was just starting off doing a few squats, some lad comes over to me and asks if I have long left. I said I just started but he's welcome to join in if he wants - a**hole laughs at me and says "I'm lifting far too much for you".

tosser, have to start somewhere!

first time in a year I've encountered someone like that in TF.instead of annoying gym behaviour sorry!

edit: just realised I put this in the off topic threat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

thinking of heading up to dublin on saturday to raw gym for begenners kettleball course. seems like a good offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

thinking of heading up to dublin on saturday to raw gym for begenners kettleball course. seems like a good offer

I do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays, €8 a class, it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

this is like a 3.5 hr thing showing you the main moves. 65e for it but includes a kettleball and agatsu training manual. Only trouble will be bringing the kettleball from raw back to hueston!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

I did that workshop back in April. Thought it was really good and worth while. Instructor "Mark" is very good. Plus you will be able to get a little extra training in on the way back to Hueston station :D:D

Expect to be a little achy the following day or 2 :D

M

mrpink6789 wrote: »
    TF Sandyford - I just started Stronglifts so I'm obviously not lifting heavy at the moment. I was just starting off doing a few squats, some lad comes over to me and asks if I have long left. I said I just started but he's welcome to join in if he wants - a**hole laughs at me and says "I'm lifting far too much for you".

first time in a year I've encountered someone like that in TF.instead of annoying gym behaviour sorry!

edit: just realised I put this in the off topic threat

PLEASE tell me next time you expect him to be there so I can go laugh at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Was half thinkin of doing it myself! mite see ya there

Hanley wrote: »

Hanley - using my strength for good, not evil.

Is it just me, or are some of these challenges not too challenging?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/10_awesome_challenges

Anyone wanna do valeria at the beers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,642 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mrpink6789 wrote: »
    I said I just started but he's welcome to join in if he wants - a**hole laughs at me and says "I'm lifting far too much for you".

What a prick!!!
    plase take Hanley up on his offer, and get pics/video/etc for here :D:D

Oh, and just in case people start complaining (like in the race to 170 thread) that they weight less, are shorter, don't have blah blah blah....

He has a few different diffivulty levels of Valeria up HERE!!

I was converting it myself, so here it is with kilos (rounded to nearest)
    Excercise         Lvl 1                Lvl 2                  Lvl 3
    Bench        80kg or .8xBW           100 or BW            125 or 1.25xBW 
    Deadlift      140 or 1.5xBW       165 or 1.75xBW           185 or 2xBW 
    Pull-ups         BW             BW+10kg (x.125BW)     BW+20kgs (x.25BW) 
    EZ Curls       40 or .4xBW            50 or .5xBW             60 or .6xBW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I'd be up for doing it but I'd be doing the level 1 version as i dont have a BW bench (shame)

That prowler challenge wouldnt be that hard really.

I'd regularaly do 3 times that weight for 10 trips in under 10 mins.

Work....its just not happening today....

I thought someone was going to ask me for a tag number for the bull that was following me on my run last night :P

I thought someone was going to ask me for a tag number for the bull that was following me on my run last night :P

Cheaper than AI too.

I am now the proud owner of somebody that has a prowler :pac:

I am now the proud owner of somebody that has a prowler :pac:

i also own a shotgun....so you can fup right off :p:p

I'd be up for doing it but I'd be doing the level 1 version as i dont have a BW bench (shame)

That prowler challenge wouldnt be that hard really.

I'd regularaly do 3 times that weight for 10 trips in under 10 mins.

Tbh I wouldn't be arsed doing it at 125kg bench either. It'd take too long to get thru the 21 reps and kill any metabolic aspect to it. We could do something fun too like a 50% Linda.

Rx'd it' 10-9-8.....3-2-1 w/ 1.5x bodyweight deadlift, 1x bodyweight bench and .75x clean - cold just cut the weights in half and go for time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Tbh I wouldn't be arsed doing it at 125kg bench either. It'd take too long to get thru the 21 reps and kill any metabolic aspect to it. We could do something fun too like a 50% Linda.

Rx'd it' 10-9-8.....3-2-1 w/ 1.5x bodyweight deadlift, 1x bodyweight bench and .75x clean - cold just cut the weights in half and go for time.

That sounds like something I could finish.

So at 50% I'd be looking at
    82.5kg DL
    55kg Bench
    42.5kg clean.

Would be horrible but I'll give it a go.

Might even try it later in the week for some conditioning

Got my plates :)

Seriously impressed with delivery time.

My wrist wraps are waaay too short :(

Oh well.

• Advertisement

Got my plates :)

Seriously impressed with delivery time.

My wrist wraps are waaay too short :(

Oh well.

Gimme back my 15's

Anyone ever heard of Damien Walters?? Go watch his 2008 and 2009 showreel after this if you haven't. He's one of the sickest b*stards alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Cant see the vid on my phone but is that the one where he does that backwards pike thing through that tiny hole!!?

Chris89 wrote: »
    Cant see the vid on my phone but is that the one where he does that backwards pike thing through that tiny hole!!?

Yup, that's one of the mainly stupidly cool things he does in that vid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

anyone that dislikes Jersey Shore has no soul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

ragg wrote: »
    anyone that dislikes Jersey Shore has no soul

I guess I will have to come and get yours then.....

• Advertisement

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I guess I will have to come and get yours then.....

You'll have to go thru me, you soulless b*stard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

This series is getting a lot feistier then the last one too!

Amazing video

AhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ate a whole tin to myself in one sitting tonight..

300px-Mars_celebrations.jpg

It's buy one get one free in Tesco.. roll on round two!!

• Advertisement

Aparently there is ephedrine (or pseudo-ephedrine depending on which one you buy) in sudafed, hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Mellor wrote: »
    Aparently there is ephedrine (or pseudo-ephedrine depending on which one you buy) in sudafed, hmmm.

Ephedrine is available by pxn only, the sudafed you get otc here will have pseudophedrine. There's one product on the market in the UK (dunno if it's available here) that has ephedrine in it.

g'em wrote: »
    Ephedrine is available by pxn only, the sudafed you get otc here will have pseudophedrine. There's one product on the market in the UK (dunno if it's available here) that has ephedrine in it.

Is the whole point of eph and pseudo-eph in those products just to counteract drowsiness cos by something else in the product? Cos like I doubt there’d be much point taking it for a stimulant effect if that’s why it’s included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Is the whole point of eph and pseudo-eph in those products just to counteract drowsiness cos by something else in the product? Cos like I doubt there’d be much point taking it for a stimulant effect if that’s why it’s included.

They're bronchodilators so they aid with decongestion - I hadn't actually thought of the counteraction angle, that could well be a part of it too.

Theoretically you could make a decent enough stack with the levels of Eph in some products, but that's only going on the listed quantities on the packet, I guess there'd be an element of ingredient activity involved. Makes for some loltastic reading when you see people arguing over the nuances of a homemade stack when you just KNOW that there's a much simpler JFL strategy behind it all :D

Sure isn't Crystal Meth made from pseudophedrine or am I just pulling shyte out of my head now?? What's new there though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

slow down there bro or you'll need one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

alternatively I'll sell you this to burn off those calories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I'm calling bull****, maybe all the maltesers teasers, galaxy caramel etc...

But no chance in hell you ate the topics, unless you have some kind of mental condition

ragg wrote: »
    I'm calling bull****, maybe all the maltesers teasers, galaxy caramel etc...

But no chance in hell you ate the topics, unless you have some kind of mental condition

Topics are no longer in Celebrations. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrations

and Bountys are my favorite chocolate. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Chocolate tastes so much better when it's in minature form!

Although that means you have to eat more and more of it - it's a vicious circle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement