Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dead Ed wrote: »
    http://sports.cntv.cn/20100927/102656.shtml +105kg from the weightlifting worlds. 26.54 is the most ****ed up snatch recovery I've ever seen! Pity he tore a quad in the c&j portion of the comp though. Can't help but think the Iranian kid is gonna clean up in the future. A 208kg competition snatch at 20 years old is no joke. Pat who :P?!

Chigishev is such a monster. I reckon if it was still the cold war, you could send him and Klokov out and they'd end it all in about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hanley wrote: »
    Chigishev is such a monster. I reckon if it was still the cold war, you could send him and Klokov out and they'd end it all in about 5 minutes.

Haha. A vid of Klokov psyching up for a snatch should be enough to make them drop arms and **** themselves. Chigishev would finish the rest of them off.

I was wondering where Aramnau was for the 105s. Apparently he failed a doping test. For marijuana. There was also something about drunk driving too. Lame.

Haha. A vid of Klokov psyching up for a snatch should be enough to make them drop arms and **** themselves. Chigishev would finish the rest of them off.

I was wondering where Aramnau was for the 105s. Apparently he failed a doping test. For marijuana. There was also something about drunk driving too. Lame.

Pulling a Misha? :D

That's actually not funny at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

This is why I always LOL at U..S..A...U..S..A1

B..R..A..Z..I..L.

This is why I always LOL at U..S..A...U..S..A1

Yeah, like there's 21 year old 105s snatching 200 in competition and an Armenian junior nearly won the Euros. Christ knows how many have snatched 200 in training with straps like Pat has. Mendez is awesome and all but he'd probably be in the B session at an international competition (I'm gonna get shot for that :P).

Yeah, like there's 21 year old 105s snatching 200 in competition and an Armenian junior nearly won the Euros. Christ knows how many have snatched 200 in training with straps like Pat has. Mendez is awesome and all but he'd probably be in the B session at an international competition (I'm gonna get shot for that :P).

I love the way everyone in the US is expecting a gold medal outta him...

I hear Kendrick Farris Missed all his snatches and didn't come out for the Jerk.

Is this true?

He missed 150 three times on the snatch and there's no jerk recorded. Wonder if he was injured or something. Some yanks seemed to think he was going to break the WR on the jerk.

I love the way everyone in the US is expecting a gold medal outta him...
    They seem to have overlooked who he has to beat! He also needs to clock up more drunken road traffic offences if he's to be a real contender :eek:.

They seem to have overlooked who he has to beat! He also needs to clock up more drunken road traffic offences if he's to be a real contender :eek:.

Yeah with Misha presumably competing for Belarus at it too, the superheavies will be awesome!!

• Advertisement

Yeah with Misha presumably competing for Belarus at it too, the superheavies will be awesome!!

Can't wait. Must look into getting some tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

http://sports.cntv.cn/20100927/102656.shtml +105kg from the weightlifting worlds. 26.54 is the most ****ed up snatch recovery I've ever seen! Pity he tore a quad in the c&j portion of the comp though. Can't help but think the Iranian kid is gonna clean up in the future. A 208kg competition snatch at 20 years old is no joke. Pat who :P?!

what's chinese for pause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

woof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

anyone here frequent crunch templebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

ULstudent wrote: »
    anyone here frequent crunch templebar?

Was a member about a year ago if that helps?

G86 wrote: »
    Was a member about a year ago if that helps?

Have an interview there for monday. really looking to get a full time job out of limerick and really want to get up to dublin so send good vibes my way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Have an interview there for monday. really looking to get a full time job out of limerick and really want to get up to dublin so send good vibes my way!

For personal training like? Thank god someone who knows something will be working there then! My one exp with one of their trainers involved me asking him for technique help on DB Hangcleans and him debating whether they existed for 15mins with another instructor, then telling me he didn't know what I was talking about, and then going ahead to try and teach me!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

99% of the people in crunch temple bar are gay, asian or both in my experience (went a couplke of times a few years back). *

Its more of a health club than a gym but it sure could do with someone who knows whats going on

*merely an observation

• Advertisement

from what i gather il be teaching some classes (spin/circuits) and a fitness instructor. The type of job etc at the mo doesnt bother me much, id just love to get up there for full time work. Foot in the door up there. Im freelnacing in limerick at the mo but want to get up to Dublin. I just hope my skinyness doesn't affect me!!!

I'm kind of afraid of myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'm kind of afraid of myself

I get that alot

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Chris89 wrote: »
    99% of the people in crunch temple bar are gay, asian or both in my experience (went a couplke of times a few years back). *

Its more of a health club than a gym but it sure could do with someone who knows whats going on

*merely an observation
    Did you realise something was up when they were all doing db curls? I heard those are gay, bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hot cooked chickens are €4 each in tesco and its supposed to be an ongoing offer, not sure if its in all of them. I went in yesterday and there was about 15 of them all reduced to €2 at 6.30pm. I went easy and only got 4 spiciy piri piri ones :pac:. Thinking now I could have got the lot and stripped the meat off and froze it. Pretty small but very tasty, I hate cleaning up after roasting chickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

rubadub wrote: »
    Hot cooked chickens are €4 each in tesco and its supposed to be an ongoing offer, not sure if its in all of them. I went in yesterday and there was about 15 of them all reduced to €2 at 6.30pm. I went easy and only got 4 spiciy piri piri ones :pac:. Thinking now I could have got the lot and stripped the meat off and froze it. Pretty small but very tasty, I hate cleaning up after roasting chickens.

Love the spicy ones. Whats the stroy with freezing cooked chicken, is it safe? Might be idiotic question but still would like to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Love the spicy ones. Whats the stroy with freezing cooked chicken, is it safe?
    Its grand, chicken should be cooled as quick as possible, its when it hangs around at room temp that nasties grow. Tesco also sell frozen ready cooked chicken tikka pieces, like ones for wraps.

The trick is to shred it up into small bits, so it both freezes and defrosts quickly & easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

What's the best formula for working out your maintenance calories? The one in the sticky seems to be really high.

Molly wrote: »
    What's the best formula for working out your maintenance calories? The one in the sticky seems to be really high.

Pizza + Milk = Success

Pizza + Milk = Success
    Diets working then?

Diets working then?

Damn straight, under 104 last night for the first time in at least 6 months

• Advertisement

Dead Ed is practically a poster boy for 70s Big now...

DL 220 x2
    Speed pull 180 3x3
    Clean pull 155 3x5
    SLDL 165 3x5
    BO Row 107 3x5
    Pulldowns
    GM's 100 3x5
    80 mins cardio

I'm going to do that now. Back in 4 hours. FML.

d'Oracle wrote: »

There's a pic of me and Drifter from the beers and i'm doing the 70s big face.

I think it was intentional

There's a pic of me and Drifter from the beers and i'm doing the 70s big face.

I think it was intentional

I have never met drifter so I can't comment on his body odour.

I'm totally famous now. I knew I'd regret sending that picture! I just hope Klokov doesn't hunt me down and eat me on account of appearing above him in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Curls in the squat rack never really bothered me but curls on the monolift come on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mooo

...people talking really loud in the sauna and then shouting when you ask them to keep it down...

...i followed someone outside once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thats creepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭COH

dave80 wrote: »
    Curls in the squat rack never really bothered me but curls on the monolift come on :rolleyes:

How are you supposed to amp it to the max if you have to walk out your curls?

Why are there two Annoying Gym Behavior posts in this thread?

Also, I now want to do curls in a monolift.

Actually I want to start a trend of taking photos of doing curls in odd places.
    Like Crossfit with Handstands and Overhead Log squats.

C'MON GUYS*, LETS DO THIS!

*Girls too. Curls are an equal opportunity Awesomeness.

• Advertisement

Why are there two Annoying Gym Behavior posts in this thread?

Also, I now want to do curls in a monolift.

Did them with an Eleiko bar and bumpers but haven't done them in the monolift yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭COH

Actually I want to start a trend of taking photos of doing curls in odd places.

I'm thinking this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

But with curling instead of dancing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

this is for L, I know he likes one handed oly lifts...

this is for L, I know he likes one handed oly lifts...

Oh to be a fat redneck.

I've curled outta the monolift before. First thing I did when Hercs got theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Why do I crave milk and yoghurts when Im hungover?? Any reasoning behind this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

gymfreak wrote: »

cause they are fatty = comfort food.

resist.

not that i was able to resist crappy food the last two sundays i woke up hungover....

gymfreak wrote: »

something todo with neutralising acid in the stomach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

cause they are fatty = comfort food.

resist.
    Milk is fatty?? Yeh wouldn't of thought of that..
    too late...have eaten a fridge full of yoghurts...going for the ice-cream now..
    something todo with neutralising acid in the stomach?
    This is making more sense

750mgs of caffeine and no way of getting to the gym....

i think i'm going to self combust

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

750mgs of caffeine and no way of getting to the gym....

Fly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement