Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The rubberbandits are literally the only thing worth a ****e on republic of telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Some Guy: "i'm having trouble progressing with the shoulder press"

Me: "your grip is way too narrow, you need to improve your lockout, and your lats are letting you down"

Him: " i'm keeping it narrow for the increased ROM"

Me: .........

..............................................................................................

Same Guy: "can you look at my powersnatch technique"

Me: "i can, but i'm not a weightlifter and i'm certainly not a coach and i can't really do it very well myself"

Him: "you're better than me"

He proceeds to snatch

Me: " you're parralel to the ground for a start"

Him: "but my scaps are over the bar"

Me: "dude, it's nowhere near the correct position"

Him: "well i think it'd good for power developement, is there anything else wrong?"

Me: "man, you're not developing any "power" you're rowing the bar, a half amuscle snatch/press while jumping for not reason, would you not consider starting from the hang?"

Him: " no i'm starting from the ground for the full ROM"

Me: " but there's no point starting from the ground if you're in the wrong position".

Him: "we'll just call it a difference of opinion"

Me: *considers beating him* "look man, you asked me, and i'm telling you you're wrong"

/Goes back to lifting

He asked me loads of stuff, and everytime i told what i saw was the problem with whatever the lift he contradicted me.

I considered eating him.

It was the physical manifestation of d'oracle's online persona. :p

I would put money on him being a boardsie.

You're not just born an asswipe, you have to learn it somewhere.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Edit: Wait, are you calling me an asswi.....?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I don't know what you are talking about.

I just realised it sounds like i'm calling you an asswipe...

hahahahahaha

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

quick question:

If i was benching/squating 80kg + 20kg bar, would i say im doing 80kg or 100kg?

quick question:

If i was benching/squating 80kg + 20kg bar, would i say im doing 80kg or 100kg?

100kg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

L, you're delivering tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Found this interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Biggest face palm moment ever in class:

"Sir, is it true creo makes your penis shrink?"

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry or both simultaneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

drop your pants and show him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭COH

I know.. seriously who the hell would call you Sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

COH wrote: »
    I know.. seriously who the hell would call you Sir!

Yeah, I know.
    Before i became a teacher, it was always followed by "You're making a scene"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

jesus thats freaky..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ah mondays after a stint on call....the mist unproductive days ever.....ive done nothing all morning...i intend to do nothing all evening...

Remmy wrote: »
    jesus thats freaky..

Hamsters are feckin psychos when you piss them off.

Evidently my jerk needs some work
    :p

Evidently my jerk needs some work
    :p

Will ya look whos back...howya hunny...

Will ya look whos back...howya hunny...

I dunno am i allowed pass comment on myself?

• Advertisement

everyones allowed pass comment on you L ...

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Preferably not. You can't have all the fun and expect other people not to do it too.
    everyones allowed pass comment on you L ...

:P
    There are no facepalm jpg's epic enough for my reaction to this.

Just play nice guys, pretty please.

soooo, who's fronting the dosh for www.irishstrengthforums.com ??

<insert suitable emoticon>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,640 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

kevpants wrote: »
    I clicked link, it's loading, hopes are high,
    really don't want to be let down...

edit:let down isn't the word

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Just ripped the arm out of my shirt when scratching back of my head. Now have to walk around looking like a hobo for the rest of the afternoon. Tangible proof that GOMAD works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

BossArky wrote: »
    Just ripped the arm out of my shirt when scratching back of my head. Now have to walk around looking like a hobo for the rest of the afternoon. Tangible proof that GOMAD works.

I am picturing an Incredible Hulk moment :D

This happened when Lauren and I ran to grab some chinese (I love beef lo mein and crab ragoons) and a movie last night. Normally I always drive but Lauren needed to fill up her car with gas so she was driving. After grabbing our movie she pulls into the gas station and there's only one pump open. Now her gas cap is on the passenger side so she had to do a u-turn around the pumps to pull up to the pump on the correct side.

So this dick face in his corvette sees what we are doing but decides to back up to the only open pump quickly while we are making our lap. Immediately I was like "OH F#%K NO!" Lauren must have pushed the auto locks on the window because when I went to roll it down to tell the guy to move his piece of crap the window wouldn't roll down. I wanted to open the door to jump out but Lauren had pulled up too close to the guy and I couldn't open the door far enough to get out (somehow I don't think that was on accident). So I'm knocking on my window trying to get the guy's attention and Lauren is yelling at me that I'm going to break the window and pretty much begging me to drop it. I told her that I'm not going to kick the guy's ass just make him move his car. Evidently she wasn't buying it and kept asking me to forget about it.

Well about this time a biker looking guy that's on the other side of the pump filling up his truck hollers over to me (I had my door opened as far as it would go and I was trying to squeeze out) that he's done and we can use his pump. He was watching the whole thing with a big smile on his face. So Lauren pulls around to the other side of the pump and she's still begging me to not to kill this guy when I get out. (I don't know why she thought I was going to hurt him). As soon as I hop out the guy with the corvette looks at me and says "I'll move my car if you want me to." I just smiled at him and said "I know".

Tl;Dr =

f6906-matt_kroc.jpg

Mellor wrote: »
    I clicked link, it's loading, hopes are high,
    really don't want to be let down...

edit:let down isn't the word

Look who's the Sales Director...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Tl;Dr =

Quote:
    This happened when Lauren and I ran to grab some chinese (I love beef lo mein and crab ragoons) and a movie last night. Normally I always drive but Lauren needed to fill up her car with gas so she was driving. After grabbing our movie she pulls into the gas station and there's only one pump open. Now her gas cap is on the passenger side so she had to do a u-turn around the pumps to pull up to the pump on the correct side.

So this dick face in his corvette sees what we are doing but decides to back up to the only open pump quickly while we are making our lap. Immediately I was like "OH F#%K NO!" Lauren must have pushed the auto locks on the window because when I went to roll it down to tell the guy to move his piece of crap the window wouldn't roll down. I wanted to open the door to jump out but Lauren had pulled up too close to the guy and I couldn't open the door far enough to get out (somehow I don't think that was on accident). So I'm knocking on my window trying to get the guy's attention and Lauren is yelling at me that I'm going to break the window and pretty much begging me to drop it. I told her that I'm not going to kick the guy's ass just make him move his car. Evidently she wasn't buying it and kept asking me to forget about it.

Well about this time a biker looking guy that's on the other side of the pump filling up his truck hollers over to me (I had my door opened as far as it would go and I was trying to squeeze out) that he's done and we can use his pump. He was watching the whole thing with a big smile on his face. So Lauren pulls around to the other side of the pump and she's still begging me to not to kill this guy when I get out. (I don't know why she thought I was going to hurt him). As soon as I hop out the guy with the corvette looks at me and says "I'll move my car if you want me to." I just smiled at him and said "I know".

Silly corvette man, should have lured him over to his pump, doused him in petrol, and then chased him round and round the forecourt with a lighter making chicken noises.

Silly corvette man, should have lured him over to his pump, doused him in petrol, and then chased him round and round the forecourt with a lighter making chicken noises.

Matt Kroc drinks petrol...

coz he's a tank.

I bet they have no problem holding orders.

I bet they have no problem holding orders.

Imagine being in the only toilet cubicle in the office only half done when he needs to use it....

Nancy: "Excuse me Kirk, can you help me with this"

Kirk: "Sure Thing Ma'am"

Picks up box.

Nancy: "ok kirk can you put it over here"

I WANNA HOLD IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Finally something decent on teh tele
    IRELAND STRONGEST MAN 2010

RTE 2

SATURDAY 13TH NOVEMBER 2010

7.00 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,640 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Remmy wrote: »
    For the sake of clarity..
    youtube
    also;
    134353.bmp

I had written a nice polite email to discountsupps and my computer ate it.

I think i'm just going to go with the condensed version..
    where's the fuck's my protein?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Just had about three slices of tomato bread. I think I'd be roughly 10kg lighter if I didn't eat bread.

Sangre wrote: »
    Just had about three slices of tomato bread. I think I'd be roughly 10kg lighter if I didn't eat bread.

*adds bread to diet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I know I'm always saying I'd love women's weightlifting to get more exposure but I'm not sure this is quite what I meant...

106692656_10.jpg
    Victoria's Secret 2010 Fashion Show

Still, it's a start. Happy Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

''Okay, so you walk to the end of the runway, then you deadlift this, smile, turn and walk back, ok?''

double overhand aswell fair play to her!

Shes gonna tear something if she keeps pulling with her right arm like that.

Derp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Shes gonna tear something if she keeps pulling with her right arm like that.

Derp.

I hope I don't tear anything because I'm pulling something with my right arm too.

Double Derp.

token wrote: »
    I hope I don't tear anything because I'm pulling something with my right arm too.

Double Derp.

She has the waist to hip ratio of an 8 year old boy. Congratulations you're a paedophile.

Goddamn it.

I was gonna lift tonight, but one of the lads in work just said the word pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

She has the waist to hip ratio of an 8 year old boy. Congratulations you're a paedophile.

Save juvenile joke for more busty women in future, noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Yeah, like you wouldn't!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement