Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Personally i wouldnt have chosen any of their recommendations,

Mine would be....

Donkey Fords or Luigis in Limerick
    Jackie Lennox's in Cork
    Burdocks in Dublin
    The Fish Shop in Galway

God i'd love some chips:)

Donkey Fords?!? That is the actual name of the shop?? Sure everything out of their place has to be good with a name like that:)

Thats it I'm getting chips

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Variances suck big time.. What are your other options?

Sure go out an hit the hills then you'll be ready to sort out the sales mix variance

Thankfully we don't have to worry about the sales side, just the production aspect (afaik!!).

The other options are much fun either tbh.... considering Decision making or performance appraisal. I think performance appraisal's more likely to appear on the paper, so even if I'm not gonna get much done on it tonight, at least I'll get a start!

Hanley wrote: »
    Thankfully we don't have to worry about the sales side, just the production aspect (afaik!!).

The other options are much fun either tbh.... considering Decision making or performance appraisal. I think performance appraisal's more likely to appear on the paper, so even if I'm not gonna get much done on it tonight, at least I'll get a start!

Go with performance then man.. When is the test?

Thats handy with the variances.. as sales formulas are the ones that you can easily mess up!

Go with performance then man.. When is the test?

Thats handy with the variances.. as sales formulas are the ones that you can easily mess up!

Uhhh sometime between June 23 and 26!! Sick of studying at this stage!

Uhhh sometime between June 23 and 26!! Sick of studying at this stage!

I feel your pain man.. I have 2 more years left of studying, sick to death of accounting.

Results next Friday too.. squeaky bum time.

• Advertisement

I feel your pain man.. I have 2 more years left of studying, sick to death of accounting.

Results next Friday too.. squeaky bum time.

Whatcha doing, CAP1's or ACCA?

I've a squeaky bum already tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

LC Maths tomorrow, woohoo....

Haven't left my room all day... can i join you on that run hanley? :(

Whatcha doing, CAP1's or ACCA?

I've a squeaky bum already tbh!

CPA, that was the last exam in Prof 1. Hope to jaysus I pass that or else it means studyin through the summer:(

Have four exams at Prof 2.. I could try do 2 in April 2010 and two then in August but its a huge risk. So I'll probably just do 2 per year and finish it in 2011. Its a long haul but hopefully it will be worth it.

What bout you.. How long have to left.. Is CAP1 part of the IATI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

L, i dont really get the hype with burdocks, they aint that good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Bags of batter bits:D

/end discussion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

meh, liberos chips Mmmm

LC Maths tomorrow, woohoo....

Haven't left my room all day... can i join you on that run hanley? :(

Stall it over... going in about 20 mins
    CPA, that was the last exam in Prof 1. Hope to jaysus I pass that or else it means studyin through the summer:(

Have four exams at Prof 2.. I could try do 2 in April 2010 and two then in August but its a huge risk. So I'll probably just do 2 per year and finish it in 2011. Its a long haul but hopefully it will be worth it.

What bout you.. How long have to left.. Is CAP1 part of the IATI

Ah right, cool stuff!! What's the progression like with em? Prof 1, 2 and 3 (pass and youre qual'd?)?

I've my CAP 2 exams this time around with the ICAI. If I get thru these, just the FAE's left. If all goes to plan I'll be finished next year, and then left with another 1.5 years to see out on my training contract. Tbh I don't seem myself as an auditor/accoutant forever. It's something I could do on the side, but not something I'm exactly passionate about!

Are you in practice or industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Found the perfect Gym for a sunny day(or anyday for that matter) ...

The Racecourse beside my house.

Have intervals marked out for HiiT.

Can use the kids playground monkey bars for pull-ups, chin ups.

Stream running parallell to it for a dip afterwards.

Well, I'm all ran out.

Might go back over my variances questions, have my second shower of the day, grab some grub and hit the hay.

i wonder about the health consequences of all theese showers we have!! wasnt there some chinese form of torure about dripping water onto people over extended periods!?

I've my CAP 2 exams this time around with the ICAI. If I get thru these, just the FAE's left. If all goes to plan I'll be finished next year, and then left with another 1.5 years to see out on my training contract. Tbh I don't seem myself as an auditor/accoutant forever. It's something I could do on the side, but not something I'm exactly passionate about!

Are you in practice or industry?

Thats not bad so man, theres no rush to get the exams finished so. Just get through them sure you've a decent amount of time left with your contract.

I've one year of training done but where I am now I'm not getting much accounting done, which is grand as I couldnt see myself doing audit/accounting for any longer than a week:)

Eh industry I suppose.. hard to label it really.

How bout yourself? Did you do accounting in college?

Thats not bad so man, theres no rush to get the exams finished so. Just get through them sure you've a decent amount of time left with your contract.

Ha!! I wish.... if I have to repeat any of them and fail there won't be any contract :s
    I've one year of training done but where I am now I'm not getting much accounting done, which is grand as I couldnt see myself doing audit/accounting for any longer than a week:)

Eh industry I suppose.. hard to label it really.

How bout yourself? Did you do accounting in college?

I'm in practice.. pretending to be an auditor. Did accounting in college and for the LC so I know my way around some double entries!!

Ha!! I wish.... if I have to repeat any of them and fail there won't be any contract :s

I'm in practice.. pretending to be an auditor. Did accounting in college and for the LC so I know my way around some double entries!!

Pressure's for tyres man you'll be grand!!

Whats it like being an auditor.?. I think I'm the only one from my class that didnt go the practice route. TBH most of them seem to hate their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

My elbows are sore from hammering stuff Saturday.

Pressure's for tyres man you'll be grand!!

Whats it like being an auditor.?. I think I'm the only one from my class that didnt go the practice route. TBH most of them seem to hate their jobs.

Thankfully I'm not stuck in Big 4 so it's pretty diverse and I've got to tackle a good variety of sections. I enjoy it enough when I'm out on site, but at the moment (well when I get back from study leave) there's NOTHING happening so basically just sitting around the office all day, which sucks big time.

• Advertisement

Thankfully I'm not stuck in Big 4 so it's pretty diverse and I've got to tackle a good variety of sections. I enjoy it enough when I'm out on site, but at the moment (well when I get back from study leave) there's NOTHING happening so basically just sitting around the office all day, which sucks big time.

Yeah most of the lads hate the Big4, seems to be a very high turnover rate.

Yeah the office is a sh1t place to be when there is nothin doin. Is it a big office? Any craic around the water cooler:)

Yeah most of the lads hate the Big4, seems to be a very high turnover rate.

Yeah the office is a sh1t place to be when there is nothin doin. Is it a big office? Any craic around the water cooler:)

Yeah it's big enough, 100+ in audit and 3x that in the firm so there's a fair bit of craic to be had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Used to be better, christchurch is the best one. Used to go once or twice a day when I worked in town :)
    Bags of batter bits:D
    Exactly, and the good vinegar, used to get monstrous portions back then, and they sold milk at the proper price!
    meh, liberos chips Mmmm
    Liberos fresh cod :pac:
    i wonder about the health consequences of all theese showers we have!!
    How Dangerous is Your Daily Shower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol t-nation have ran more than one article on this. note the knees tracking over the feet, very important!

TUUUUUUUUUNE + Buuuuuuuuuuurd= Great Success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

rubadub wrote: »

man some of us can only dream of making that dept :)

na man....im on a boat!!! P.S not safe for work!

What kinda training u at brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

man some of us can only dream of making that dept :)
    You would get good if you had to use their toilets

I was in China and these were everywhere, had normal ones in most hotels though, thank god!

• Advertisement

i started this new thing...its called a career...basically you get this thing called a boss who tells you when you have to do this thing called work...when he says you dont have to work you can train...so far mines hasnt told me to train :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement