Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

tips for getting rid of a throat infection anyone? it's my birthday party thursday and i feel like ****e atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Parsley wrote: »
    tips for getting rid of a throat infection anyone? it's my birthday party thursday and i feel like ****e atm.

Gargle with salty water, pre boiled if possible.

Take your toothbrush, give it a good rinse and leave it steeping in a mug of salty water during the day - stops you reintroducing anything back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

hot whiskey,lemon and honey every night.If its really bad you can get an antibiotic throat spray in the pharma which is class!

Remmy wrote: »
    hot whiskey,lemon and honey every night.If its really bad you can get an antibiotic throat spray in the pharma which is class!

i have them cold and flu paracetamol hot drink things, and i've got difflam oral rinse... i was just thinking hot whiskeys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

i have them cold and flu paracetamol hot drink things, and i've got difflam oral rinse... i was just thinking hot whiskeys!!

lots and lots of vit c?

Oh yeah manuka honey aswell.That stuff seems to cure everything.as strong as you can find it.

Oh yeah manuka honey aswell.That stuff seems to cure everything.as strong as you can find it.

ca$h money... i'm a student :( if i'm not better in the morning i'm staying home drinking hot whiskeys all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

ca$h money... i'm a student :( if i'm not better in the morning i'm staying home drinking hot whiskeys all day.

Cos that's cheaper than Manuka honey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Cos that's cheaper than Manuka honey :)

You don't buy high factor Manuka honey often then?
    Its very pricey....

• Advertisement

d'Oracle wrote: »
    You don't buy high factor Manuka honey often then?
    Its very pricey....

Dearer than whiskey (and a lemon and some cloves, if you're doing it right!)?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

You can get it cheap in Holland and Barrett's now.

Dearer than whiskey (and a lemon and some cloves, if you're doing it right!)?? :D

You don't need expensive whiskey to make hot whiskeys.
    +20 is probably dearer than a "reasonably priced" whiskey....

But heres a thing.
    Hot whiskey sweetened with Manuka Honey.
    I have tried this (albeit not with higher factor) and it is utterly frickin awesome.

You don't need expensive whiskey to make hot whiskeys.
    +20 is probably dearer than a "reasonably priced" whiskey....

But heres a thing.
    I have tried this (albeit not with higher factor) and it is utterly frickin awesome.

I'm really regretting making my original light-hearted "Dearer than hot whiskey??" joke :(

I'm really regretting making my original light-hearted "Dearer than hot whiskey??" joke :(

You got an awesome recipe as a direct result.
    Dont complain. The IMF might hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Di-VINE. In the absence of manuka acacia honey will do the job - it's got quite a delicate flavour so it mixes really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Tony Gentilcore linked to this funny vid in his blog yesterday, dunno how to imbed it. Either way it's pretty funny...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTbf0rOoMLg&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,640 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Embedded for the lazy people

Been messed up all week, stomach in bits, even more so after the gym last night, just lay there for hours,

really don't want to go gym tonight, but on we push, cardio prehaps

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Mellor wrote: »
    Embedded for the lazy people

No no no! the guy behind her has the worst squat, silly man.

Mellor wrote: »
    Been messed up all week, stomach in bits, even more so after the gym last night, just lay there for hours,

really don't want to go gym tonight, but on we push, cardio prehaps

You ate yellow snow too I take it?;)

• Advertisement

Mauricmo wrote: »
    No no no! the guy behind her has the worst squat, silly man.
    Hmm, Sounds like you are kinda missed the point of the video/title.

"Squat like a girl"
    Shows a girl squatting with good form and behind here a guy with bad form.
    You ate yellow snow too I take it?;)

Afrais not, its currently about 30 degrees outside, I have the A/C on. I'd love a bit of snow this weekend, yellow optional

well hot whiskeys did nothing. since sunday night i've mainly been eating painkillers, then drinking water and milk whenever the horrible pain subsides. have had about 2 hours sleep. might be time to see a doctor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

well hot whiskeys did nothing. since sunday night i've mainly been eating painkillers, then drinking water and milk whenever the horrible pain subsides. have had about 2 hours sleep. might be time to see a doctor...

Ah a good aul Irish reaction to a sore throat. Tbh I heard a doctor advise once that anitbiotics will cure a sore throat in about a week while looking after it yourself it takes about 7 days to clear.

Have you tried gargling disprin in water, I find it helps a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Also, Misha's back and apparently lifting in Belarus, 200kg comp snatch:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Anyone know if intends to compete in London 2012. Probably not a medal contender but he could put in a very good performance I'd say. Not a lot of people snatching 200.

Think he's planning on lifting for belarus in London. He did 210/250 in the Russian nationals a few years ago so if he gets close to that he might be in the hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

A very apt blogpost....:pac:

'You're going to make mistakes in your path to superhumanity... it's inevitable. Just make sure you do them while standing on your own two feet, and for ****'s sake make them moving forward'

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/12/make-up-your-****ing-mind-already-get.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I can't beleive you took the option of hot whiskeys over a nice saline mouthwash :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

kevpants wrote: »
    Like the way it comes in a petrol can.

Yeah that's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Off work after an accident at work, in a cast.

So bored I starting experimenting today.

Seen these flap jacks on here: http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/FatboyGingers-Simple-Protein-Flapjacks-m2706286.aspx

I used lidl honey and dark choc, meridan peanut butter, flavhans organic oats and ON casein protein.

I didnt microwave the peanut butter and honey, heated it in a saucepan. Easier to mix I think. Added the oats and whey then and mixed them up, needed some water to mix properly, definitely needed. Only put in 4 pieces of choc because the protein was choc too.

Had no bakin tray or greaseproof paper, so used a slicepan wrapper on a normal tray and spread it on that. Flattened it with wet hands.

Into fridge for half hour and they came out very nice.

Next time will add hazel nuts and raisin, maybe coconut too.

Darker than the links version due to choc protein.

Handy for xmas.

Simple to make and iv only one hand!!

dnBK6l.jpg

GUF6nl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Brendygg wrote: »
    Off work after an accident at work, in a cast.

So bored I starting experimenting today.

Seen these flap jacks on here: http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/FatboyGingers-Simple-Protein-Flapjacks-m2706286.aspx

I used lidl honey and dark choc, meridan peanut butter, flavhans organic oats and ON casein protein.

I didnt microwave the peanut butter and honey, heated it in a saucepan. Easier to mix I think. Added the oats and whey then and mixed them up, needed some water to mix properly, definitely needed. Only put in 4 pieces of choc because the protein was choc too.

Had no bakin tray or greaseproof paper, so used a slicepan wrapper on a normal tray and spread it on that. Flattened it with wet hands.

Into fridge for half hour and they came out very nice.

Next time will add hazel nuts and raisin, maybe coconut too.

Darker than the links version due to choc protein.

Handy for xmas.

Simple to make and iv only one hand!!

dnBK6l.jpg

GUF6nl.jpg
    Can you post what the oats you used were like? Some brands are really different to others, was it just the really really light flaky kind or something a bit harder or what?

If I hear 'oh you're so good' one more time when eating my lunch in work I'm gonna freak.

Yeah, it seems people just can't deal with me eating what they're not without them having to comment.
    I have a cold and cough right now and someone tried telling me to eat a more balanced diet. The problem is I eat just one meal around everyone a day and that one meal they get to see is usually always the same thing. Guess they assume I live on nothing but meat and cheese.

This rant has been relieving though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it seems people just can't deal with me eating what they're not without them having to comment.
    I have a cold and cough right now and someone tried telling me to eat a more balanced diet. The problem is I eat just one meal around everyone a day and that one meal they get to see is usually always the same thing. Guess they assume I live on nothing but meat and cheese.

I hear ya. (except for the meat and cheese part:p)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

G86 wrote: »
    If I hear 'oh you're so good' one more time when eating my lunch in work I'm gonna freak.

The absolute pr!cks!! Telling you you're good like that!!

I bet you'd complain if you won the lottery, cos ya know ya gotta go into Abbey Street to collect :D

Hanley wrote: »
    The absolute pr!cks!! Telling you you're good like that!!

I bet you'd complain if you won the lottery, cos ya know ya gotta go into Abbey Street to collect :D

Did you find your ego yet?

Maybe check Karla's log for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I particularly like when they are surprised at how organised I am etc when I come in with some leftovers from dinner last night and some veg to heat up in the microwave. Kinda get a bit embarrassed from it all as it's just some f*cking meat and veg. Wish I did put in some effort sometimes.

Apparently her log wasn't big enough for both of ours? The hunt continues. :D

Actually it's kinda overcast today, must be blocking out the sun again. Sorry all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

ooooohh..low blow... yet true:D:D
    Hanley wrote:
    Apparently her log wasn't big enough for both of ours? The hunt continues. biggrin.gif

Actually it's kinda overcast today, must be blocking out the sun again. Sorry all. ..
    :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Can you post what the oats you used were like? Some brands are really different to others, was it just the really really light flaky kind or something a bit harder or what?

I just grabbed whatever oats were in the press at home, they were flavhans organic oats, I used the end of the bag so can upload a pic of them.

heres what there site says there like
    http://www.flahavans.com/product/porridgeoats/org.htm

zufktv.gif
    Quality episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Does anybody know where I would find a list of the record squat/bench/deadlift for all weightclasses?

Mauricmo wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I would find a list of the record squat/bench/deadlift for all weightclasses?

Raw, equipped, tested, untested, national, international?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement