Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

LOL Visualization. Visualize everybody laughing at your redneck fed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Couldn't see video in work but could see all your comments. Finally saw squat. Jebus, how can they say in all honesty thats a parallel squat. Almost as bad as the guy squat in the gym today. Had the safety bars on squat rack set as high as my lower ribs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Sangre wrote: »
    Couldn't see video in work but could see all your comments. Finally saw squat. Jebus, how can they say in all honesty thats a parallel squat. Almost as bad as the guy squat in the gym today. Had the safety bars on squat rack set as high as my lower ribs.

Best point of reference ever.

Midget%20Wrestler%20Fuzzy%20Cupid.jpg

Ass to Grass then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Ass to Grass then.....

Is that jeremy frey?

Ass to Grass then.....
    Fair point. I actually meant to include my height! 5'8' or 5'9 - not actually sure! He was also nowhere near hitting the safety bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,640 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

podge57 wrote: »

Also, 2 interesting facts about the SPF

1) they have rule which states lifts can't be recorded from the side (anyone guess why?)

2) The head judge for that lift made a post which says he judges depth by visualizing where the lifters thigh bone is, in order to make it fair for the fatties

It's in the comments to that video.

OK I'll try. The 'plain that is what the wording of the rule is trying to create as a fair standard for all 'type' and build of lifters. The only real constant in a huge leg and a skinny leg is the thigh and shin bones. All else is vastly different pending on how much muscle and or fat is there. The rule is there to ensure the thigh bone break (even slightly)the 'paralell plain' btween the thigh and the lifting platform. That's why the judges always mention the top of the knee and the top of the leg at the hip. That is the top of the thigh bone; the ball joint of the hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

cc87 wrote: »

Dont get to see his backflip tho

His comment under it is quality

Clarence just snatched 121kg at the Dublin Open like it was a feather. Amazing strength, dropped it behind him unfortunately so it was no lift, but there's so much more there. Definitely one to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Does anyone else go "tee hee hee" to themselves, everytime they see the word "snatch" on this forum?? No?? Just me?? ... Oh...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Does anyone else go "tee hee hee" to themselves, everytime they see the word "snatch" on this forum?? No?? Just me?? ... Oh...

Nothing will ever beat the day of choked laugher in Hercs when an IAWLA commitee member walked in, saw a former female poster on this forum and asked from across the gym in a loud voice "how's your snatch?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mhawwwwwwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Hanley wrote: »
    Nothing will ever beat the day of choked laugher in Hercs when an IAWLA commitee member walked in, saw a former female poster on this forum and asked from across the gym in a loud voice "how's your snatch?".

A few months back in work, word spread round the job that our Office Manager (lady, 30s, 'large') was having a PA hired for her. They'd picked the candidate and she happened to be Brazilian and was to start in the coming weeks.

Cue, idiot Corkman (is there any other kind, I here u ask? :P ) asking, quite loudly across an office 90% full of men - "Mary, I hear you're getting a Brazilian??"

JJayoo wrote: »

Mhawwwwwwwww

Ha I love that clip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

JJayoo wrote: »

Mhawwwwwwwww

LOL'ed at theresponce to the PL asking "Do you warm up for the truck pull"

PL: Do you warm up for the truck pull
    SM: yeah
    PL: What do you do
    SM: I walk up to the truck :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Another one of these deals
    Back pain? Sports injury? Neck and shoulder tension? These are just a few of the conditions that can be treated by the Priory professionals.

Pay €29 instead of €65 for a 45 minute treatment of your choice at the Priory Clinic in Stillorgan or Kimmage

Buy this deal now!

Lots of us having niggling stress pains or strains that we try to ignore and push to the back of our mind but after a long, busy day they tend to flare up to remind you they haven't gone away. Now Boards Deals are offering you a great chance to have a professional assessment and treatment at a leading clinic for less than the cost of your average trip to the GP. If someone you know has been complaining with an injury that just isn't getting better - a Gift of Health with a Priory Clinic voucher could be the perfect solution!

The Priory Clinic was established in 1993, as Ireland's first Physical Therapy Clinic. Today it offers several different approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of musculo-skeletal conditions and soft tissue injuries. They include Athletic Training and Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Dry Needling, Osteopathy, Physical Therapy and Sports Rehabilitation. And you get to choose which approach suits you best.

To check what conditions can be treated, please check here.

Don't just take our word that The Priory Clinic will take great care of you - check out these testimonials from other clients.

Get rid of those pains and niggles now and enjoy an ache-free life!

Terms & Conditions
    - Not valid with other offers
    - Advance booking is essential and subject to availability
    - Valid for three months
    - One voucher per person but may buy multiples as gifts

Buy this deal now!

Priory Clinic - Kimmage,
    4 Shelton Drive,
    Dublin 6.
    T: 1800 254 642

Priory Clinic - Stillorgan,
    18 Priory Hall
    Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
    T: 1800 254 642

http://www.prioryclinic.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I had two steaks in 3 hours this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

talking of steaks a butchers shop owned by a farmer has opened down the road from me-the middle mans taken out of the equation and the prices are cheap-theyve vac packed fillet steaks the size of a small to medium roast for under 30 quid-roll on pay day!
    anyone else been in one of these places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's savage, never been to one though, probably not that common unfortunately.

even the chicken in there was dead cheap-plus you know its 100% irish too which is great.
    Theyve a place in roscommon town too cant remember their name though sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭leopardus

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

even the chicken in there was dead cheap-plus you know its 100% irish too which is great.
    Theyve a place in roscommon town too cant remember their name though sorry!
    Is that Castlemine Farm?

found it
    http://www.gilliganmeats.ie/

some stuff was priced even better in the shop although that could be as it was just opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Misha's turning into Arthur Saxon!

Interesting clip I came across.

Remmy wrote: »
    Interesting clip I came across.

What's even more interesting is the guy who conducted and filmed it posts on the forum from time to time.

• Advertisement

What's even more interesting is the guy who conducted and filmed it posts on the forum from time to time.

Really ?small world.I dont know an awfull lot about weightlifting but that Pat Mendes is an absolute freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Barry from eastcoast barbell isn't it?

dave80 wrote: »

That's the one.

Remmy wrote: »
    Really ?small world.I dont know an awfull lot about weightlifting but that Pat Mendes is an absolute freak.
    dave80 wrote: »

Barry doesn't post here but I've been doing my damndest to get him to :)

Remmy Barry has been over to the States and done interviews with Pat Mendes, Jon Broz, Glenn Pendlay, Jim Schmidt and loads of other really cool guys. He posts them up on his Weightlifting Epiphanies blog (which was voted in the top 20 weightlifting/ strength training blogs recently!!) and fairly frequently does skype interviews with various coaches/ lifters.

ECB are going to have Glenn Pendlay over for a seminar in March - it's going to be unreal \o/

g'em wrote: »
    Barry doesn't post here but I've been doing my damndest to get him to :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=390869

??

• Advertisement

That was Byrdie :) The account is there for them to use whenever they want it though, I'd really love it if they started posting, Sami, Barry & Wayne are endless sources of info with their backgrounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭rocky

Eating clean

500x_so-you-dropped-your-food-on-the-floor-do-you-eat--31945-1286204712-8.jpg

Now that's functional, wha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 East Coast Barbell

Hello all,

G'em has finally twisted my arm into posting on this forum. Here is my favourite ever interview to give. Donny is an icon and an absolute legend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTwTYKUhC3E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 East Coast Barbell

Pat Mendes is a freak, but in a variety of ways. I have trained with him on a few seperate occasions and last summer I interviewed him also. I have been the only person allowed interview him, so aside from youtube videos, no-one really knows what he is like as a person.

He is a freak in regards to physical output, but what people do not realise is his single-mindedness in his training and in his life. The man has completely forsaken any of the usual lifestyles choices or factors that 19 and 20 year olds choose and he has no life outside training. His ability to drive himself is unlike anyone I have ever met. He will do ANYTHING to succeed in his ultimate ambitions and people tend to get freaked out by this kind of attitude.

His coach John Broz is like this also. I stayed with him for a few days last summer and the man loves weightlifting and his athletes as much as any local manager from the parish. Both John and Pat have dedicated their lives to their sport and this is why they are such freaks and why Pat can is such an anomoly. These are only my opinions of course.

Hello all,

G'em has finally twisted my arm into posting on this forum. Here is my favourite ever interview to give. Donny is an icon and an absolute legend:

Great interview thanks for posting it.

Ah sure I knew I'd wear you down eventually :D

I'll just enjoy these few moments of win until you get your own back in training next week :o

My "weight" has gone up 2.5kg in a three days.
    Not happy tbh

Hello all,

Donny needs to open a church, and fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Don't know if it's the lack of eating loads / lack of eating carbs but my post-gym packet of biltong has never tasted so delicious. Dayum. Have to start making this myself.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Donny needs to open a church, and fast!

He should give public speaking lessons.I want to sound as bad'ass as him.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Post workout meal anyone?

Haters don't be hating!

^^want..

What is with Americans and the psuedo-sexual lust for bacon they show online.

Sangre wrote: »
    What is with Americans and the psuedo-sexual lust for bacon they show online.

They're canadians.

Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't ride a pig?

What you know 'bout bacon lust fool

Their Canadian. :D
    Their Canadian what? Is the bacon canadian?

Canadians, Americans, Mexicans, they all look the same to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Canada = America junior.

over a year out from london. Shame the iranians are boycotting the olympics :P (Dunno if they're actually gonna boycott)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

• Advertisement

jesus..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement