Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I just basically wanted an excuse to post this video of Jonny military pressing while drunk…if you think he’s staggering a lot under this you should of seen him getting around the gym before and after.

mmmmm..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

mmmmm..........

tongue in cheek drifter settle down!

Just about to lay into two of em as we speak!! and why exactly!

i mean look at you in that pic....youve cleary put on weight in the mid region...and those legs are tiny...clear evidence of not squatting...and that fur...man you need to clean yourself up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I think this guy is pretty class right but WTF did he find this written on boards?

I can't even remember anyone asking about rugby?? and the only time he's ever referenced here anymore is when linking to something funny in his blog! its been at least three years since anyone said anything derogatory, **** it i dunno

EDIT: where's Johnny!!

can someone link me to these threads!!

I think Kev said that a 310kg trap bar deadlift does not automatically equal the same with a straight bar, which I think is fair enough. Kev if that wasn't you sorry I'll edit this.

tongue in cheek drifter settle down!

meh drifter doesnt care anyways.....

• Advertisement

I think Kev said that a 310kg trap bar deadlift does not automatically equal the same with a straight bar, which I think is fair enough. Kev if that wasn't you sorry I'll edit this.

shouldnt it equal more straight bar? my ex coach pulled 280 trap bar and 310 straight bar

I don't see why, trap bar is a better position for lifting isn't it? Plus the handles are usually higher than the straight bar would be. I'm open to correction about all that though.

I saw this on the news this afternoon and lol'd. The good stuff is around 2.50 but you might want to see the build up first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't see why, trap bar is a better position for lifting isn't it? Plus the handles are usually higher than the straight bar would be. I'm open to correction about all that though.

I saw this on the news this afternoon and lol'd. The good stuff is around 2.50 but you might want to see the build up first.

****in A. Can't see anything wrong with what the cop did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

ha ha grannies getting tazered is always funny!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Holy crap. That's video is terrible. :(

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    ****in A. Can't see anything wrong with what the cop did.

What? He electrocuted a 72 year old because she wouldn't do exactly what he said. If she were some threat to him or herself, then fine, but that was NOT the case. Disgraceful IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

can someone link me to what he's on about...
    I think this guy is pretty class right but WTF did he find this written on boards?

I can't even remember anyone asking about rugby?? and the only time he's ever referenced here anymore is when linking to something funny in his blog! its been at least three years since anyone said anything derogatory, **** it i dunno

EDIT: where's Johnny!!

can someone link me to these threads!!

I think that was my "fault". AFAIR I said something along the lines of how a lot of rugby players that I've seen train squat high (by PL standards) and have their friends spotting their benches. Instead of taking this comment for what it was worth, an observation on my own experience... It's turned into some crusade apparently. I think I must have insult every single rugby s&c coach in Ireland because of this (which is fcuking hilarious because I've trained with a couple of guys involved in the Leinster set up and they're very talented lifters and sound guys to boot).

I think some people just like to have a cause, or something to motivate them. Life would be very boring without drama!!

Anyway, that Jonny kid's a strong little fcuker. I wish I was training that hard at his age!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I got all the explanation i needed when i saw the Texas highway sign!

You gotta love the rednecks!

Khannie wrote: »
    What? He electrocuted a 72 year old because she wouldn't do exactly what he said. If she were some threat to him or herself, then fine, but that was NOT the case. Disgraceful IMO.

Well part of the reason given was that she was a threat to both of them, she kept trying to walk back into the road and with traffic coming on that was dangerous. Plus she refused to sign the paper, then refused to put her hands behind her back as asked. I dunno if it was justified or not, but I don't know what else the officer was supposed to do what wouldn't have been seen as disgraceful in light of the woman's age-grapple her? knife stick? you can hear her shouting about him doing this to a 72 year old woman, clearly she thought she was above being treated like anyone else by the police.
    Not saying it was right or wrong mind you.

Well part of the reason given was that she was a threat to both of them, she kept trying to walk back into the road and with traffic coming on that was dangerous. Plus she refused to sign the paper, then refused to put her hands behind her back as asked. I dunno if it was justified or not, but I don't know what else the officer was supposed to do what wouldn't have been seen as disgraceful in light of the woman's age-grapple her? knife stick? you can hear her shouting about him doing this to a 72 year old woman, clearly she thought she was above being treated like anyone else by the police.
    Not saying it was right or wrong mind you.

I hear ya, but my answer is yeah, I think he should have grappled her. I don't think you and I would be talking about it if he had.

Really? Well I guess it wouldn't have made RTE news but probably still would've been on the American networks. Its quite taboo to manhandle the elderly in any situation. She seems like a right crock though, no sympathy for her tbh.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055589682

Vegetarians are craaaaazy!! How does wether you eat meat or not affect issues like this!! Like i dont like mushrooms and im not a big fan of Atomic bombs, but there isnt a direct link between the two!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055589682

Vegetarians are craaaaazy!! How does wether you eat meat or not affect issues like this!! Like i dont like mushrooms and im not a big fan of Atomic bombs, but there isnt a direct link between the two!!

Maybe there is a link between not being a fan of atomic bombs and not liking mushrooms:eek: You could always post it in that forum and see what replies you get?!

Someone is trying to decide whether to be a veggie based on whether the majority of them are pro-choice or not????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Hanley wrote: »
    Someone is trying to decide whether to be a veggie based on whether the majority of them are pro-choice or not????

Yeah apparently they're linked, itsallaboutheL is over there trying to find out more..

• Advertisement

Yeah apparently they're linked, itsallaboutheL is over there trying to find out more..

I heard it's all part of Shell-to-sea's plot....

Hanley wrote: »

Its like the blood type diet but more scientific...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Is that the guy who posted it doing them wrong on purpose? That looks nasty either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

yea he was doing it on purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What's wrong with that? I have a fair idea but I don't know for shizzle.

amacachi wrote: »
    What's wrong with that? I have a fair idea but I don't know for shizzle.

I didn't see anything wrong with it tbh. Pulls just like this guy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lyHcYKehWg

'cept he doesn't cheat by bouncing it off the floor from the top.

I think it was an upper back mobilisation exercise anyway.

He looks a little like Drifter!! any more scea from them veggies? maybe we should send Cardio to spy on 'em :cool: (Incognito Smilie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

If I could round my upper back like that I'd pull that way!

• Advertisement

kevpants wrote: »
    If I could round my upper back like that I'd pull that way!

You need to round your lower back to improve leverageosity too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement