Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Yeah but it's a jerk not a snatch :D

That bench video is hilarious :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Yeah, happened at this year's Arnolds. Here he is c&jing 211. Squat jerk always freaks me out.

You can see Pat Mendes compete in that vid too. 175/207. Wonder if we'll see a 200+ snatch from him in competition any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    You can see Pat Mendes compete in that vid too. 175/207. Wonder if we'll see a 200+ snatch from him in competition any time soon.

What kinda numbers does he need to be hitting to qualify for the american team for london assuming he decides to go that way?Im assuming he has hit them already in training and it's just a case of entering them in a comp?Not too sure how the qualifying process works..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Remmy wrote: »
    What kinda numbers does he need to be hitting to qualify for the american team for london assuming he decides to go that way?Im assuming he has hit them already in training and it's just a case of entering them in a comp?Not too sure how the qualifying process works..

Not too sure either. He had the fourth best sinclair at the Arnold's so I presume he's there or there abouts and you'd assume he has a bigger total to come too.

Here's the US rankings so far for this years world's. Mendes is second at the moment. I'd say it would be a lot clearer at the end of the year.

US Rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Scuba Ste wrote: »

With a rotator cuff issue I think.
    Jon North looking good in the 94 div, he's not far off breaking the american snatch record. Needs to add maybe 7kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

^^^^^ Is this the footage from the Helly Hansen promotional video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

^^^^^ EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Losing it with Jillian - amazing show. Fake reality TV featuring Jillian Michaels screaming abuse at fat people until they cry.

Who cares if it reenforces their belief that excercise =mysery? Its makes good TV.

She sure is one crazy b]tch.I wonder is the bigger motivation for the biggest loser contestants to lose weight so that they can catch her and eat her.

"Thank" this post if you also hate DOMS :mad: Im in bits, stupid sore latissimus dorsi.

She sure is one crazy b]tch.I wonder is the bigger motivation for the biggest loser contestants to lose weight so that they can catch her and eat her.

Is it wrong that I'm sort of turned on by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

d'Oracle wrote: »

Yeah, Kinda. The discussion of fetishes is allowed on the S&S thread, which is available to subscribers and can be found
    > that way :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Is 20 too late to start BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo/Boxing? (Sorry, I don't really know the difference right now) Not planning on fighting, but everyone I know that does it has been doing it since a very early age.

College work and exams must be suppressing my inner monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Is 20 too late to start BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo/Boxing? (Sorry, I don't really know the difference right now) Not planning on fighting, but everyone I know that does it has been doing it since a very early age.

Absolutely not I started training in BJJ at 22 and haven't looked back and am loving it more ever since I started! I encourage you start. You won't regret it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

conor678 wrote: »
    Absolutely not I started training in BJJ at 22 and haven't looked back and am loving it more ever since I started! I encourage you start. You won't regret it!

Excellent. I'm not even sure why I asked :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

God damn. Not wishing violence on anyone, but if one of them did eat her in one gulp, live on TV, I think I'd be ok with it. Wagon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

is it too late? F*ck no. I started it in January at 24 and got a silver in the IP Submissin Wrestling Tournament last weekend. Like anything, you'll get out of it what you put into it.

If it's wrong then I dont want to be right!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Do you wanna see this.....

Or this..........

london2012.jpg

Scrap the stupid logo, let Iran compete!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I started at 25

Jon Jones startedMMA when he was 20 (he was a wrestler in highschool, but you see my point)

squod wrote: »
    Do you wanna see this.....

Or this..........

london2012.jpg

Scrap the stupid logo, let Iran compete!

I'm confused, was it not the case that Iran wanted to boycott?
    But decided not to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I'm confused, was it not the case that Iran wanted to boycott?
    But decided not to?

Didn't hear they're back in. Delighted if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Iran are still competing, despite the IOC rejecting their demands to change the logo. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12724166

• Advertisement

Thats grand so.
    Everything is normal.

Bar that snivelling heel Cameron, who should really just shut up in general.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement