Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kevpants wrote: »
    You mean the gym as in th weights room not includng the hall where they do the running/pole vault etc?

1200 sq ft seems about right for that room.

Yarp, thanks Kev!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

in case you didn't know
    This website is dedicated to those out there who have a sincere interest in the ever-growing fetish known as gut punching. This fetish has participants who are gay, bisexual and straight. Therefore, MALEGUTPUNCHING.COM prides itself on trying to create media that appeals to every interested person. Our site focuses on the bond between males when engaged in gut punching. Therefore, this site will never feature women in any of the videos or images produced for this site.

Gut punching: the act of men where one man (TOP/Sadist/Puncher) throws fists, knees, shoulder blocks, etc. into the stomach of another man (bottom/masochist/receiver) in a consensual manner of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

I currently workout Mon-Thurs,(Chest-Back-Legs-Shoulders) as i'm in my college gym and try go as much as I can before heading home at the weekend. My question is am I doing too much all in a row? or am I allowing each body part sufficient rest.

Tigger wrote: »
    in case you didn't know

Thank you for informing me on your area of specialty. Please refrain from tugging yourself in the Off Topic thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kontakt

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    I currently workout Mon-Thurs,(Chest-Back-Legs-Shoulders) as i'm in my college gym and try go as much as I can before heading home at the weekend. My question is am I doing too much all in a row? or am I allowing each body part sufficient rest.

That looks grand. (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Reminds me of gladiator scene from Life of Brian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Using the Harris-Benedict equations, I've estimated that my BMR is 2,661 calories. Then I multiply it by 1.2 for my lifestyle, giving a total daily calories expended of 3,193.

Surely that can't be right? I'm 16, 145 pounds, and 5'11.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

FYG wrote: »
    I'm 16, 145 pounds, and 5'11.
    Have you a link to the site? 145 is 10stone 5lbs, is that right? (just seems light for 5'11'')

gymsoldier wrote: »
    Thank you for informing me on your area of specialty. Please refrain from tugging yourself in the Off Topic thread :D

don't be jealous of my abs

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Have you a link to the site? 145 is 10stone 5lbs, is that right? (just seems light for 5'11'')

It wasn't a site really. Just saw the formula online and worked it out myself.

BMR = (65.77x 6.25) + (180.34 x 12.71) - (Age x 6.775) + 66.5.

Height in cm, weight in kg. Then multiply by 1.2 for lifestyle.

Yeah, 145 pounds/ 10 stone five pounds is correct.

BMR = (65.77x 6.25) + (180.34 x 12.71) - (Age x 6.775) + 66.5.

Height in cm, weight in kg.
    The first site I found is saying inches & lb with similar figures.
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

it has a calculator too
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

your figures come out at You have a BMR of 1762.25

If using kg & cm only the figures in brackets would change.

Do you know if the MyFitnessPlan website is accurate? It's telling me 2,290 total calories expended per day.

Sounds right to me anyway.

Sounds right to me anyway.
    Then go for it and see how you get on. Its just an estimate for humans. In my job I use calories/joules in heat equations, these are an exact science which holds true, but not for humans.

I posted before a lot
    rubadub wrote: »
    They (caucluators) are all just estimates, if you think it is too much or too little than adjust it to what you think it should be, and see if you get results and just adjust accordingly.

People fuel their cars this way so why not your body. If your car ran out of petrol every friday going to work you would learn to put more in on the monday, you would not sit about saying "but my calculations say I should be getting this many miles from my car", it is unnecessary theoretical calculations when you can see the real results empirically.

Calories have nothing to do with humans, 1 calorie increases 1 gram of water by 1degree Celsius, that is an exact repeatable science and how it is defined. You will hear that people will lose/gain 1lb of fat with 3500kcal, but this is only an estimate, yet some treat it like exact science. If you ate 3500kcal of uncooked rice you would get less usable energy from it than 3500kcal of overcooked rice. Also 3500kcal of alcohol will probably have less of an effect on your fat levels than 3500kcal of sugar. In one study prisoners were overfed and came to a plateau of fat gain, some were eating over 10,000kcal per day and unable to gain more fat.

Using calories as a guide to energy for humans is just one method, and it is fairly OK. You could similarly use weight or volume as a guide, like say "the average man needs 1kilo/1litre of food per day" -this will usually be open to more variation than calories if you just eat 1kg of food which gives lots of energy usable by humans. -but just like calories you could empirically work out what weight/volume of food in your usual diet will result in your required 1lb per week weight loss.

You can see studies on google scholar with strictly followed diets, and some people put on a lot more than others, of similar body composition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Arnold Classic Europe is on soon. The webpage is clearly missing a dancing Jesus (Homer Simpson style).

http://www.arnoldclassiceurope.es/arnoldclassiceurope/Arnold_Classic_Europe_2011.html

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Reminds me of gladiator scene from Life of Brian :D
    In a just slightly more impressive feat, Daiju Takase beats Anderson Silva, and this sumo farce seems to be the only video of him people ever post. Cruel world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

12 passes for RAW for €24 http://www.dealrush.ie/today.php?id=999

squod wrote: »
    Arnold Classic Europe is on soon. The webpage is clearly missing a dancing Jesus (Homer Simpson style).

http://www.arnoldclassiceurope.es/arnoldclassiceurope/Arnold_Classic_Europe_2011.html

Its Victor Martinez's for the taking, Dexter second.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Right bit of a strange one this..
    I need a couple pairs of jeans.
    Problem is 99 % of the jeans I can't get past my thighs/knees/calves.. now I wouldn't say I have massive legs or am morbidly obese (am approx 12-14% bf and 34 waist)
    But by Christ I can't find a good pair of jeans to fit.

Some jack and Jones pairs are fine but I am in London for a few days here and checked them out yesterday and couldn't get anything but these drain pipe jeans that's all the rage, couldnt get them past my calves. Wifey tells me that that is the fashion now, skinny jeans on blokes. Well not on my watch.

Is there any make of jean that make them with a fuller leg that I should check out or will I wear tracksuit bottoms and boardies for the rest of my life..
    Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Marks and Spencer do "Stormwear" / "Blue Harbor" jeans. They've got some sort of stretchy material in them and they're somewhat waterproof

I've had a few pairs for about 2 years and they've not faded much after all the wear and washing they've gone through. 35 blips or summit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Optimum wrote: »
    Right bit of a strange one this..
    I need a couple pairs of jeans.
    Problem is 99 % of the jeans I can't get past my thighs/knees/calves.. now I wouldn't say I have massive legs or am morbidly obese (am approx 12-14% bf and 34 waist)
    But by Christ I can't find a good pair of jeans to fit.

Some jack and Jones pairs are fine but I am in London for a few days here and checked them out yesterday and couldn't get anything but these drain pipe jeans that's all the rage, couldnt get them past my calves. Wifey tells me that that is the fashion now, skinny jeans on blokes. Well not on my watch.

Is there any make of jean that make them with a fuller leg that I should check out or will I wear tracksuit bottoms and boardies for the rest of my life..
    Thanks...

Ben Dunne FTW. Forget about buying a 34 waist. Anything that size won't go over my legs either. Cheap jeans + alterations = win.

squod wrote: »
    Forget about buying a 34 waist.
    Yes, a 36 with a belt can help hugely.

Levis numbering system is for different fits and thicknesses etc. You can buy better ranges online. Jc penney deliver here I think though you are subject to vat over €22 and duty over €150, still probably cheaper than shops here.

You can see descriptions like "loose fit" etc beside them here
    http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx?DeptID=70673&CatID=71043&cmCatLevel=3&CmCatId=&cmAMS_T=G1&cmAMS_C=D4

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Skiny jeans aren't going to fit anyone who even looks at a squat rake.

Just stick with bootcut/loose fit and you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I see Jodie Marsh has entered her first bodybuilding competition.

Saw picks of her a few weeks ago and she looked incredibly lean, thought there might be something like that in store. In fairness to the girl, she's worked hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Thud

the eight weeks bit is a load of crap though...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055578272

that's seriously low bodyfat, takes a lot of dedication to get to that level

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

g'em wrote: »

Saw picks of her a few weeks ago and she looked incredibly lean, thought there might be something like that in store. In fairness to the girl, she's worked hard.

Fair play indeed.

Is she a bodybuilder though? I thought womens physique and womens BBs were different categories.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Frank's Hot Sauce on scrambled egg & chorizo is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Frank's Hot Sauce on scrambled egg & chorizo is amazing.

I very much agree.

Econa hot sauce is also good, but its got that Fiya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

g'em wrote: »

her back shot reminds me of someone's keto diet pics :pac:

• Advertisement

i love this stuff 57,000 scoville's franks is 450

Dave-TemporaryInsanity.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement