Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kontakt

Wollwead wrote: »
    This is insane, everytime I think i'm progressing strength-wise with pull ups/dips etc, I get brought waaaayyyy back down to earth with something like this, taken from beastskills.com enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdTMaKjyg5I

I need to learn how to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

That reminds me I need to learn how to use Kontakt better and get some sample packs for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

So my lovely girlfriend got me a rake of PT sessions and Sports Massages for my birthday <3

It's at some place called DoFit at Parnell Square, the main lad seems to be an Eddie.

I'm a little worried (probably without cause) he might just be all about getting me to just do 900 ab crunches and isolation machines or something. Just in case, like.

Should I try explaining I'd be mainly interested in something conducive to the sort of powerlifting-ish training I'm already invested in?

I'd say he could show me some rehab (maybe prehab?) and fat loss stuff anyway, and hopefully maybe stuff like that mobility/stability craic and oly lifts basics or something, maybe? Or should be at all picky/worried about who I pick up my formative oly lift habits from?

Someone tell if it'd be a bit much to explain my shit to him and ask for training to mainly assist that.
    Just don't want it to be real awkward if he justs wants to get me to do a few curls with 5kg weights or something I wouldn't be mad into.

Solid birthday gift though, no question. Gotta go earn those massages over the next few months anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

So my lovely girlfriend got me a rake of PT sessions and Sports Massages for my birthday <3

It's at some place called DoFit at Parnell Square, the main lad seems to be an Eddie.

I'm a little worried (probably without cause) he might just be all about getting me to just do 900 ab crunches and isolation machines or something. Just in case, like.

Should I try explaining I'd be mainly interested in something conducive to the sort of powerlifting-ish training I'm already invested in?

I'd say he could show me some rehab (maybe prehab?) and fat loss stuff anyway, and hopefully maybe stuff like that mobility/stability craic and oly lifts basics or something, maybe? Or should be at all picky/worried about who I pick up my formative oly lift habits from?

Someone tell if it'd be a bit much to explain my shit to him and ask for training to mainly assist that.
    Just don't want it to be real awkward if he justs wants to get me to do a few curls with 5kg weights or something I wouldn't be mad into.

Solid birthday gift though, no question. Gotta go earn those massages over the next few months anyway.

If you want to try learning how to weightlift off him, ask him to show you a hook grip, if he doesn't know what that is, proceed no further in that regard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/dofit-health-fitness-130457

I really hope he dresses all in white and wears a white headband! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hanley wrote: »
    Ok just watched it. Someone needs to give him the mechanic, consistency, intensity speech.

And I f*king wish yanks would stop colouring their 45lb plates red. Idiots.
    I thought they were pink, as it was for some charity with pink in the name.

Pretty sick time.
    What's the weight for that WOD? 60kg or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Mellor wrote: »
    Pretty sick time.
    What's the weight for that WOD? 60kg or so

135lbs which works out to about 61.25kg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

And I f*king wish yanks would stop colouring their 45lb plates red. Idiots.

They're pink.
    Breast Cancer and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Picking jalapenos off a pizza then immediately picking your nose leads to the worst pain imaginable... and it lasts forever... jesus f*cking christ why wont it stop :mad:

d'Oracle wrote: »
    They're pink.
    Breast Cancer and all that.

Those ones MIGHT be, but I've seen a load of red 45lb bumpers with nothing to with breast cancer. CF are notorious for using them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Those ones MIGHT be, but I've seen a load of red 45lb bumpers with nothing to with breast cancer. CF are notorious for using them.

can they do anything right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

COH wrote: »
    Picking jalapenos off a pizza then immediately picking your nose leads to the worst pain imaginable... and it lasts forever... jesus f*cking christ why wont it stop :mad:

Put yoghurt up there.
    Dip finger or other implement in yoghurt, put up nose. Repeat.
    The burny **** is fat soluble.

You should not ask me how I know this.

COH wrote: »

I'd a pizza over the weekend with marinaded chicken, fajita spices, peppers, onions and sour cream - it was delicious and I thought of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I'd a pizza over the weekend with marinaded chicken, fajita spices, peppers, onions and sour cream - it was delicious and I thought of you.

In a related note, i got a Meal for Four Saturday Night and thought of him also.

/food homo

/food homo hero

FYP

Edit: FMP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Awww you guys <3

/fatty fatty fat head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Watched "I want to look like that guy" last night. Apart from the fact that he's a massive nerd, it was really interesting. His programming was all over the place during the majority of it. Calves and forearms on the same day?

I find it very hard to believe that Jeff is a natural bodybuilder though. Stu said it a few times throughout the film and I think towards the end he was starting to have doubts.

Considering he was only an amateur, he did a really good job of going through his diet and showing what most bodybuilders put themselves through coming up to a competition (at a completely different level of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pixiebob

you'd be wanting a powerlifter for that then. should of made those vouchers out to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€25 for €50 worth of meat in stillorgan shopping centre

http://www.groupon.ie/
    Expires 31 November 2011.
    Limit 1 per person. Redeem voucher in-store only, booking not required. Valid 7 days a week. Total value to be used in one transaction only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Your problem is with the colour? What about the size of them?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQbuaur9QqUC5W4JDRIyxxUcCLaYVchUCJLi7pU4_BRdfbWjhU5bwkPpJ7vQ

They must have a lab somewhere coming up with new materials that are lightweight enough to manufacture a plate that is THAT big and weighs 10Kg.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

kevpants wrote: »
    Your problem is with the colour? What about the size of them?

They must have a lab somewhere coming up with new materials that are lightweight enough to manufacture a plate that is THAT big and weighs 10Kg.

Carbon nanotubes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

anybody read about this madman, basically this is what he's doin 'This is my story of how I plan on going from being obsessed with being fit, to fat in 6 months and how I plan on showing everyone how to get back to fit again in 6 more months.'

http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/

anybody read about this madman, basically this is what he's doin 'This is my story of how I plan on going from being obsessed with being fit, to fat in 6 months and how I plan on showing everyone how to get back to fit again in 6 more months.'

dave80 wrote: »

It was discussed somewhere already in the last week or two. He's a complete f*cking douchebag and it has no relevance to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

He's a complete f*cking douchebag and it has no relevance to anything.

Here, will you do my shirt while you're at it.

Here, will you do my shirt while you're at it.

Please, for everyones sake, keep it on.

it has no relevance to anything.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

dave80 wrote: »
    it has no relevance to anything.

??

It's not hard to do if you have training history & your musculoskeletal system has developed muscle memory.

Any "results" aren't really relevant to an overweight beginner with no training history.

It's not hard to do if you have training history & your musculoskeletal system has developed muscle memory.

Any "results" aren't really relevant to an overweight beginner with no training history.

The results aren't even close to representative. It's a publicity stunt. IDIBISHDI circa 2009.

• Advertisement

The results aren't even close to representative. It's a publicity stunt. IDIBISHDI circa 2009.

Iam with ye now, a girl in work thinks its the best thing ever and if she follows his cut she'll lose all the weight aswell tried to explain tat its a load of sh*t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement