Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

dave80 wrote: »
    Iam with ye now, a girl in work thinks its the best thing ever and if she follows his cut she'll lose all the weight aswell tried to explain tat its a load of sh*t

..which is exactly why I think it's such bollox.

Someone with the dedication and genetics to look like that in the first place will have no problem regaining that shape. None. Zero.

The poor ignorant masses do not have that discipline, the training knowledge, OR the motivation and potentially other assistance to do it.

It's bullsh*t marketing of the highest kind. The type the fitness industry constantly trots out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

plus, underneath that belly, he look like the first pic,
    Everyone else who looks like that, doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ugh, hungover, just tried to thank one of my own posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

Dathai wrote: »
    Watched "I want to look like that guy" last night. Apart from the fact that he's a massive nerd, it was really interesting. His programming was all over the place during the majority of it. Calves and forearms on the same day?

I find it very hard to believe that Jeff is a natural bodybuilder though. Stu said it a few times throughout the film and I think towards the end he was starting to have doubts.

Considering he was only an amateur, he did a really good job of going through his diet and showing what most bodybuilders put themselves through coming up to a competition (at a completely different level of course).

I hated that film, its called I want to look like that guy yet within the first couple of minutes he admitted it would be nothing of the sort. It was more about fat loss than body building.

Also I found it very strange that when they looked in Jeffs fridge, I was expecting to see it stuffed with steak and chicken, yet all he had in there was some water.

Then when they showed Jeff eating later he was just nibbling on a salad. You don't get to his size by drinking water and eating salads. I would love to see a proper warts and all documentary about bodybuilding where they follow someone throughout the course of their day to see exactly how they live in terms of what they eat, how often they take steroids, how long they workout etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I hated that film, its called I want to look like that guy yet within the first couple of minutes he admitted it would be nothing of the sort. It was more about fat loss than body building.

Also I found it very strange that when they looked in Jeffs fridge, I was expecting to see it stuffed with steak and chicken, yet all he had in there was some water.

Then when they showed Jeff eating later he was just nibbling on a salad. You don't get to his size by drinking water and eating salads. I would love to see a proper warts and all documentary about bodybuilding where they follow someone throughout the course of their day to see exactly how they live in terms of what they eat, how often they take steroids, how long they workout etc.

He didn't get that way eating like that, he's basically on a contest prep diet during the making of the documentary. He's cutting in a huge way. His diet when not cutting would be completely different.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Watch Ronnie Coleman's DVD (Relentless I think!). Admire what you can get away with on the diet side of things when you're taking that many drugs and are that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

gymsoldier wrote: »
    That was a pretty quick way of discrediting himself.

"It fools the muscle", that's where I stopped listening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

That's what you get for watching TV3 in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

The Tralee Ninja is back posting vids

bored there but...
    Ninja boy: 374.812 Sinclair in training at 18 and 83kg
    Internet famous J. North at the pan ams. 25 odd and 94kg: 385 Sinclair

Dunno what he can hit as everyday weights for competitions or whatnot but it's still noteworthy.

I'd assume North walks around above 94kg.
    Is 83 Clarance's comp weight or walk around. Could he weigh in for 77kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Mellor wrote: »

Who says that his walkaround and his comp weight are different?

His current walking around weight. From looking /stalking at his youtube comments he is aiming for 94kg class or 105kg. In my uneducated opinion 105kg would be too heavy for him.

d'Oracle wrote: »

Didn't see this when I posted (new page). For Clarence it is the same since he's trying to move up weight classes so he doesn't drop weight for competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Dathai wrote: »

I watched, paused for a second, then started laughing uncontrollably.

Ya gotta hand it to him tho...

...because he probably can't reach it on his own!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

token wrote: »
    His current walking around weight. From looking /stalking at his youtube comments he is aiming for 94kg class or 105kg. In my uneducated opinion 105kg would be too heavy for him.

he walked around with 170 odd kilo over his head the other night....the your fella will be grand...

Nobody said anything. It was a question.

I was asking if he could make weight for 77kg if he wished. I'd assume he could. Clarified now, he is aiming for higher classes. A bit surprised tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

A bit surprised tbh.

Why?

I'm a bit surprised that you're surprised tbh.

Just surprised he's aiming for 105kg.
    I'd have thought his "frame" (know that a bit bollox really) was better suited to around 85kg
    I don't know the guy from adam, only from vids posted here. And obviosuly he, and the people around him, have a far better idea of what he should do.

The comments are the best:

"This is one of Santa's elves that delivers presents to children in the ghetto"

Just surprised he's aiming for 105kg.
    I'd have thought his "frame" (know that a bit bollox really) was better suited to around 85kg
    I don't know the guy from adam, only from vids posted here. And obviosuly he, and the people around him, have a far better idea of what he should do.

I’ve never met him either, but purely from looking at him, he looks a bit skinny at 85kg (assuming that’s his weight now). He seems like he could be fairly tall, and while he’s smashing sh*t at his current weight, if he truly wants to be competitive at a world class level moving up is probably the correct option, at least for now until he establishes some more muscle mass.

Look at world class dudes, then look at him. Purely in physique terms, he doesn’t “look” the part, tho his lifting speaks for itself.

He ain't that skinny in person, if he filled out the 85s he'd be walking around at about 89-90 probably (from 83) and around 98-100 as a 94, so that's probably a few years worth of growing.

Think Dimas used to walk around at 90 odd (and had bests of 190/225, 320back squat, 280 front squat), although I dunno if you "need" a 280kg front squat to clean 225. I think ninja front squatted about 200 and seems to clean 180 fairly handily so "filling out" the 85 class could possibly see maybe a 200 clean and I reckon he could snatch 160 odd, that'd be knocking on the door of top 5 in europe, which is ridiculous!

I hear L taught him everything he knows

His quads are pretty jacked /quad envy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Lets all just shut up about Clarence's jackedness.

• Advertisement

Lets all just shut up about Clarence's jackedness.

That 100kg snatch is absolutely ridiculous. That is my long term (if ever) goal and he's throwing it around like an empty bar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement