Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dead Ed wrote: »
    One of the cal strength lads was using them for cuban presses. I have trouble with all those movements because the humerus seems to translate downwards and probably recruit the wrong musklez. That horn thing looks like it addresses it. I wonder if bending a copper pipe and covering it with insulation would get you a similar thing because 60 dorra seems a lot for some bent pipe. Maybe it releases magical value rays or something.

Jaysus I'd rather pay the 60 quid than spend ages trying to bend a copper pipe to the right shape.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Good point! I'll probably try it out of stubborness anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Anybody have a link to a decent website that has a database of exercises and movements with the agonist, antagonist and joints involved listed? Would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Mauricmo wrote: »
    Anybody have a link to a decent website that has a database of exercises and movements with the agonist, antagonist and joints involved listed? Would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html do the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

Good point! I'll probably try it out of stubborness anyway
    challenge accepted
    if you can get the measurements/dimensions of it i will make it for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Sugar Free wrote: »

Very much so, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

The Missions are back. They can learn about broad time and modal domains and how Glassman created fitness in Santa Cruz in 2001. Should provide a nice cash income for the building of the spaceship from the the influx of level 1 certifications.

GASMANN wrote: »
    challenge accepted
    if you can get the measurements/dimensions of it i will make it for you
    I'll see if I can eyeball the dimensions later in the week. Might be able to bend some PVC pipe or just bend copper around my neck, like a boss (I shall call this "ergonomic fitting")

I'll see if I can eyeball the dimensions later in the week. Might be able to bend some PVC pipe or just bend copper around my neck, like a boss (I shall call this "ergonomic fitting")

please can i watch

Yeah sure why not! At the back of my mind I always knew it'd end this way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

you'd think the three people running with her would at least walk over to see if she's alright.

But still... hahahaha

DamienH wrote: »
    you'd think the three people running with her would at least walk over to see if she's alright.

She must not be elite enough to warrant the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

That video is horrendous.

How did no one video-ing it or those running along side her not realise she was getting dangerously close to the vehicle?

gymfreak wrote: »
    How did no one video-ing it or those running along side her not realise she was getting dangerously close to the vehicle?

The known and knowable are not of concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

And the view from the car....

.... excellent

Are these crossfitters? Cause there's **** all impressive about any of those girls in the video.

Oh wait, I forgot... "im a gurl and i lift, so what if I sqwuat" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'm not sure how the quoted post and the response relate.

...but then again you wouldn't! If they are pulling a car around a track, being recorded by cameras and watched by an audience, I would have expected something that was somewhat impressive. Is it 'cause they are girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

Hi,
    Random question and don't want to start a thread about it due to the nature of the question. Basically the missus had me watch Geordie Shore and all the lads in it are ripped and in good nick. However all they seem to do is drink and eat junk (I am aware the show is edited). The misses thinks they're in the gym none stop while I think the physique is of a chemical nature. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Probably some steroids involved, they're not hard to get your hands on at all! Still, hard work goes into making a hard body, chemically-aided or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

conor678 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Random question and don't want to start a thread about it due to the nature of the question. Basically the missus had me watch Geordie Shore and all the lads in it are ripped and in good nick. However all they seem to do is drink and eat junk (I am aware the show is edited). The misses thinks they're in the gym none stop while I think the physique is of a chemical nature. Any thoughts?

Chemicals for sure. I'm not saying all of them are on it, some of them aren't that big. I've seen a picture of the big lad (jay i think his name is) at some club appearance and his face was extremely bloated which can be a side effect of certain types of these chemicals ;D Also Gaz is ripped to the point where most natural people would look really flat/not be able to maintain that appearance for any period of time. James is or was just 20 when it started so I'd be skeptical about him as well but his is possible naturally with a few years training.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

A few of the CFers involved in that posting on this thread: http://beastmodaldomains.com/2012/02/15/sac-town-throwdown-and-the-eleet-roadkill-wod/

It's all very entertaining anyway. Saw that shit coming. The amount of slack apparently on everyone's rope the entire time was a mystery to me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

I'm wondering what they're gonna think about that when they look back in ten years time

A few of the CFers involved in that posting on this thread: http://beastmodaldomains.com/2012/02/15/sac-town-throwdown-and-the-eleet-roadkill-wod/

It's all very entertaining anyway. Saw that shit coming. The amount of slack apparently on everyone's rope the entire time was a mystery to me as well.

that car was rollin' around the track, the guy on the left was a way out in front with a load of slack behind him, if your running tied to a car surely it would be jerking between strides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

I feel sorry for the parents. And the children. And everyone else there!

discus wrote: »
    ...but then again you wouldn't! If they are pulling a car around a track, being recorded by cameras and watched by an audience, I would have expected something that was somewhat impressive. Is it 'cause they are girls?

Half of them aren't girls.
    So like, just because they took a video of girls it has to be to impress you?
    I am very confused.

• Advertisement

I guess they might now understand why horse carts and dog sleds all have rigid arms at the front......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement