Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

gymfreak wrote: »
    so then I was just wondering were people appaulding others for beating up scumbags for no reason????

I'm confused... there's reasons NOT to beat up scumbags?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

2 lads just start bateing 2other lads...or am I missing something?

According to witnesses the scummer hit one of the guys in the face with the umbrella accidentally as he passed him. The guy told him in no uncertain terms what to do with his umbrella. Scummer didnt take kindly to it and followed him with his mate taunting them and swinging the umbrella. And eventually got a few smacks for his trouble.

Not sure if its the correct version but I havent heard one story yet which doesnt have the scummers starting and escalating the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm confused... there's reasons NOT to beat up scumbags?!

...treat others the way you want to be treated???????
    According to witnesses the scummer hit one of the guys in the face with the umbrella accidentally as he passed him. The guy told him in no uncertain terms what to do with his umbrella. Scummer didnt take kindly to it and followed him with his mate taunting them and swinging the umbrella. And eventually got a few smacks for his trouble.

Not sure if its the correct version but I havent heard one story yet which doesnt have the scummers starting and escalating the trouble.
    Ah okay, was just curious as to the full story:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

Yeah, if they were actual people - junkies don't count as human beings in my eyes.

My little sister got robbed by a scummer on the same street a year ago, and approached again by the same bloody one recently.

That lot deserved the beating IMO.

That attitude is for weak and little people.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if they were actual people - junkies don't count as human beings in my eyes.

I actuallly have to disagree.
    I still stand by my 'Treat others the way you want to be treated'.
    I deal with a lot of problems families like these have on a daily basis and I actually feel for them.

Yes, they make their own choices, yes, they create burdens and hurt their families, yes they can cause conflict to the rest of the society...but I still think not all of them are the same and that they shouldn't be branded with the same brush.

I know of kids that have been put out on the street by their families and who have turned to drugs, it's a sad situation-sad for them, sad for their extended family, sad for the rest of society...but I still wouldn't want to see anyone mistreated for no reason...just my opinon....no high horse here.. and I know the majority will disagree with me..but that's just me and my opinon:)
    My little sister got robbed by a scummer on the same street a year ago, and approached again by the same bloody one recently.

That lot deserved the beating IMO.

I COMPLETELY get where you've coming from and situations like that are disgraceful and horrendous. Obviously if they started the fight they deserved their comeuppance.

I deal with a lot of problems families like these have on a daily basis and I actually feel for them.

Yes, they make their own choices, yes, they create burdens and hurt their families, yes they can cause conflict to the rest of the society...but I still think not all of them are the same and that they shouldn't be branded with the same brush.

I know of kids that have been put out on the street by their families and who have turned to drugs, it's a sad situation-sad for them, sad for their extended family, sad for the rest of society...but I still wouldn't want to see anyone mistreated for no reason...just my opinon....no high horse here.. and I know the majority will disagree with me..but that's just me and my opinon:)

I COMPLETELY get where you've coming from and situations like that are disgraceful and horrendous. Obviously if they started the fight they deserved their comeuppance.

In the immortal words of Snopp Dogg - "If you act like a b!tch, you'll get smacked like a b!tch".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

My mother was an alcoholic when I was growing up, and is now essentially just a headcase. As a result, my brother was born premature with the effect of alcohol in his system and nearly died. Neither of my siblings get any support from her and I'm essentially their main care giver/supporter.

You're welcome to your opinion. But I've grown up in that situation, I've been personally effected by someone who has made the decision to selfishly give in to their own wants and needs over the wants and needs of those closest to them. I've gone to the pub aged 6 to collect vodka for my mother, and I've sat in a corner not knowing what to do whilst she lay having a fit on the floor after ODing on drink and pills. I've seen her steal money from my baby sister which she earned on her own and I've seen her crush her by not taking heed of the many chances she gave her to be a mother - chances she never got from me because I cut her out from Day 1, and rightly so.

Junkies make a choice. It's a tough cross to bear and it's not easy to beat, but if they make the choice not to get help; if they make the choice not to at least try - then I can make the choice to pass judgement on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Rule number one broken there. Never touch them with your hands. A punch in the face might feel satisfying but getting a dose of hep B isn't.

But that's just it, I said most people would disagree with me..heck I know my own father would disagree with my rationale most of the times but it's still my viewpoint that people should be treated how they want to be treated themselves.

My problem with the video was that I was unsure of whether the 'scumbags' had started an argument or whether it was unprovoked. And I still believe a human being is a human being and should be treated as such...and YES I know the crowds will disagree with me on that one..but thank God I'm allowed an opinon.:pac:

Sounds like your own life and experiences have led you to view the footage differently to me. I was viewing the footage from the viewpoint of someone who works with kids who are often born into families who may have problems, and as a consequence might grow up as victims to their surroundings

Junkies make a choice. It's a tough cross to bear and it's not easy to beat, but if they make the choice not to get help; if they make the choice not to at least try - then I can make the choice to pass judgement on them.

But that's just it...who says the guys in the vid are junkies...who says that they've made the choice not to get help...how do we know anyting other than our own stories.

All I'm saying is an unprovoked attack is an attack..I dont care who it is on..it's still an attack.

But as was clarified earlier....the 'scumbags' started it..so therefore not unprovoked!:pac::pac:

And jaysus....that video was supposed to be lighthearted footage...see what I do when I'm made take a rest day...I bing the rest of the world down with me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Anyone else shocked at the fact he was eating such an extremely high-carb meal (bag of chips) so early in the day? :eek::eek:

He went down too fast with that leg kick as well, definitely needs more unilateral leg work and a bit of posterior chain action going on.

Vibrams have been usurped by these bad boys... http://www.mcsport.ie/fitnessmad-no-toe-toe-sox/p-fmadytoent-purspd.html

Funny,
    These freak me out less than vibrams. Think it's cos they're purple and cute!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Funny,

You should get them, I love my vibrams

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Funny,
    You should get them, I love my vibrams

i dont even know where to begin to be honest....

i dont even know where to begin to be honest....

Vibrams are great, honestly. They do make you look like a complete tool bag, but that doesn't really bother me.

Edit: I never even looked at the link Hanley posted before now. Can we try and put this behind us? I feel bad enough as it is.

they/them/theirs

A pair of the least repulsive vibrams going, and a pair of New Balance Minimus are next on my shoe shopping list for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Red Adipowers ftw
    Absolutely repulsive blue camo vibrams
    Aasics kayanos

Combined cost of €395.

And people say women are bad for buying shoes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My problem with the video was that I was unsure of whether the 'scumbags' had started an argument or whether it was unprovoked. And I still believe a human being is a human being and should be treated as such...and YES I know the crowds will disagree with me on that one..but thank God I'm allowed an opinon.:pac:

But that's just it...who says the guys in the vid are junkies...who says that they've made the choice not to get help...how do we know anyting other than our own stories.

All I'm saying is an unprovoked attack is an attack..I dont care who it is on..it's still an attack.

But as was clarified earlier....the 'scumbags' started it..so therefore not unprovoked!:pac::pac:
    If the two lads just hit them a few slaps because that hate junkies, then i don't think as many people would have the "lol, fck 'em" attitude. But from first viewing it looked like the two guys was walking away the guy with the umbrella was being aggressive. And the comments below explain that the hit with the umbrella walking past bit.

A pair of the least repulsive vibrams going, and a pair of New Balance Minimus are next on my shoe shopping list for sure.

I don't think they come in non repulsive. Mine are grey and green, not the worst but still hideous.

I've seen puma and fila versions of them here in the US and they have snazzier colours, but there's no hiding the ugly.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It amazes me that some people wear Vibrams as a fashion statement. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I love my Vibrams! They are awesome in the gym and when I went rock climbing. Wouldn't wear them out for fashion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

And jaysus....that video was supposed to be lighthearted footage...see what I do when I'm made take a rest day...I bing the rest of the world down with me :D

Don't know how lighthearted it is but it's clear who the aggressor is at the beginning.

Despite that, and the overwhelming hate directed towards addicts (who are not ALL 'scumbags'), the half volley to the head of the guy on the ground at 19 seconds was really gratuitous and potentially fatal.

Few digs, no bother, bit of citizen policing, but if he's down he's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

Don't know how lighthearted it is but it's clear who the aggressor is at the beginning.

Despite that, and the overwhelming hate directed towards addicts (who are not ALL 'scumbags'), the half volley to the head of the guy on the ground at 19 seconds was really gratuitous and potentially fatal.

Is he down though? They thought his mate was down and then he gets up and starts following them down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

That video is a pure disgrace and I personally find it offensive. That kind of behaviour is never warranted, and I'd say the guy that did it will look back at the incident with embarrassment and shame ....

I mean seriously, why would you throw your chips away like that?

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

In fairness the 2 lads never look tough when theyre on geordie shore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Mellor wrote: »
    If the two lads just hit them a few slaps because that hate junkies, then i don't think as many people would have the "lol, fck 'em" attitude. But from first viewing it looked like the two guys was walking away the guy with the umbrella was being aggressive. And the comments below explain that the hit with the umbrella walking past bit.

The two lads who got the hiding deserved it local filthbags according to a lad in my gym.The two units train in Ben Dunn jervis street.

That was my point...I actually wasn't sure who the aggressor was at the beginning.

I agree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

399517_413577068693536_1854397624_n.jpg

Steve Redmond completes the Oceans seven swim challenge. A-bleedin'-mazing

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Redmonds-Oceans-7-Swim-Challenge/164815306903048

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement