Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I Lol'd when I read this part

The simple counterpoint to Crossfit is that if you are training for something specific, you'll want to train for that thing, rather than training for "what if you're caught in a burning building and you have to climb out while carrying someone on your shoulders and then run away at top speed and then throw a kettlebell at an angry dog that chased you," as Crossfit does.

Kettlebell dog throws ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ivan Abadjiev: Still snatching at 80 years old

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

JJayoo wrote: »
    Ivan Abadjiev: Still snatching at 80 years old

That clips almost 80 years old... :D

I remember Tommy Hayden hang power cleaning something like 40+kg a couple of years ago in Hercs for the craic. And he's older than God. Like at least one million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Hanley wrote: »

I remember Tommy Hayden hang power cleaning something like 40+kg a couple of years ago in Hercs for the craic. And he's older than God. Like at least one million.

Yeah, but he used proper technique.

Paudee wrote: »
    Yeah, but he used proper technique.

Me bollox. Shoulda seen the arm bend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Someone put a vid up here about 3/4 yrs ago that literally moved me to tears... Had a well known song playing (of course I can't think of it now!) and I think it was full of Olympic games clips... I've never been able to find it since but I remember when it was posted here, alot of the regulars were familiar with it... it was fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

^^ fairly epic video in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

He was disqualified soon after because his Dad helped him across the line!

• Advertisement

O.P.H wrote: »
    He was disqualified soon after because his Dad helped him across the line!

That's not the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

pity about the song choice but yeah nice video!

ferike1 wrote: »
    That's not the point!

The point? I don't care about the point! I'm just informing people about what happened. I think it's mental that they did that, he finished dead last, there was no point in disqualifying him and nothing was going to be effected by not disqualifying him, they shoulda just let him be :confused:

The point? I don't care about the point! I'm just informing people about what happened. I think it's mental that they did that, he finished dead last, there was no point in disqualifying him and nothing was going to be effected by not disqualifying him, they shoulda just let him be :confused:

Sure why not just let people take drugs too....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

COH wrote: »

Nah, that aint it - it's driving me mad cos now I can't even think of the (really well known!) song... but that's a great vid there also, cheers...

Sure why not just let people take drugs too....

Hardly comparable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hardly comparable

Before you know it peoples dads will be helping them over the line in all kinds of events.

Imagine if Katie Taylor's dad came in and started boxing the head of her next opponent?

Imagine if Mark Cavendish's dad jumped on the bike and gave his boy a crossbar to save some energy for the sprint finish?

Imagine if Derval O'Rourke's dad ran along in front of her kicking over the hurdles so she didn't have to jump them?

Before you know if PED (Performance Enhancing Dads) use would spiral out of control completely. Labs all over the world would work overtime finding ways to conceal Dads so the likes of WADA (Worl Anti Dad Agency) couldn't detect them.

The thing is no one knows the long term affects of Dads. Some of these athletes could end up with seriously debilitating side effects related to the overuse of Dads (embarresment, boredom, coming round and trying to fix things that were fine in the first f*&cking place).

Hardly comparable

Rules are rules, and they're there for a reason.

Rules are rules, and they're there for a reason.

I get that, just harsh is all

People - there is a new Crossfit WOD.

It's called Hanley

Dragging 20x 40kg mats over 30 meters for time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's called Hanley

I also find getting angry at people on boards gets my heart rate right into the cardio zone.

Dermighty wrote: »
    I also find getting angry at people on boards gets my heart rate right into the cardio zone.

You need to go on the CFL1 cert so they can give you the "heart rate is a poor indicator of intensity" speech.

Newb. :D

You need to go on the CFL1 cert so they can give you the "heart rate is a poor indicator of intensity" speech.

Newb. :D

I'll happily wager the correctness of the label on the treadmill versus your so called education and experience.

I'll happily wager the correctness of the label on the treadmill versus your so called education and experience.

Right, me and a sledgehammer versus your treadmill to see what happens heart rate?

Right, me and a sledgehammer versus your treadmill to see what happens heart rate?

Maple handle on the sledgehammer?

ps: i was joking

Maple handle on the sledgehammer?

ps: i was joking

Wait, do I get to smash **** up or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

It's called Hanley

and every 5th rep you have to post another self promotion message on one of your 500 facebook profiles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

and every 5th rep you have to post another self promotion message on one of your 500 facebook profiles...

The worst is when he 'likes' his own posts so it comes up in your newsfeed three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/london-olympics/chinese-schoolgirl-shiwen-ye-swimming-faster-than-men/story-fn9dirj0-1226438946789

So what do ye make of this?
    Chinese school girl swims a faster lap than Michael Phelps....

• Advertisement

Paudee wrote: »
    The worst is when he 'likes' his own posts so it comes up in your newsfeed three times.

I NEED TO EAT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement