Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

found 47g protein bars online. Website is English, then when you go to the checkout it changes to German only....

Anybody know Germna, want to check it out for me?!

47g protein bars for only €1.20

very very cheap when you consider a 30g one can be 3 and 4 euro in shops.

http://www.figurplus.com/Champ/MUSCLE/Champ-High-Protein-Bar-45-Prozent::18.html?XTCsid=gpol4e5tk79djr0o8nn4eubff5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

found 47g protein bars online. Website is English, then when you go to the checkout it changes to German only....

http://www.figurplus.com/Champ/MUSCLE/Champ-High-Protein-Bar-45-Prozent::18.html?XTCsid=gpol4e5tk79djr0o8nn4eubff5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just get google chrome and have it translate the page for you

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

I think these are 45g in weight with 45% of that 45g being the actual protein content. It says at the top of the page that the bars work out at 2.64 per 100g and the price of a single bar is 1.19.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

222260.png

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Just dropped a bomb on http://shaving.ie/

Anyone use those fancy razors before?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Hanley wrote: »

I only use safety razors , you can pick up the refills on amazon so cheap , 10 euros and I'm sorted for blades for the next couple of years!

Might cut your face the first few times getting used to it. but after that it's great

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Real men grow beards.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

papu wrote: »
    I only use safety razors , you can pick up the refills on amazon so cheap , 10 euros and I'm sorted for blades for the next couple of years!

Might cut your face the first few times getting used to it. but after that it's great

what are safety razors?

Rossin wrote: »
    what are safety razors?

Ironically not safe at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

haha okay not for me so

Rossin wrote: »
    haha okay not for me so

Single blade, sharper and better shave, allegedly!

Merkur_heavy_duty_safety_razor.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

DE shaving is great, and shaving.ie provide a really excellent service.

I got a Merkur Progress and a selection of blades a while ago. Initially I was a bit gung ho but a few days where I felt like I had dipped my face in acid quickly taught me that you have to really take your time with it, and not move up to the more aggressive blades like Feathers until your technique is very solid.

It does take a good bit longer than a cartridge razor and can of foam though, although it's much more enjoyable.

There's a huge thread about them on the facial hair forum. Some of the guys on there have massive collections of razors and luxury shaving products, but funnily they all focus on how much cheaper the blades are!

Bruce7 wrote: »

There's a huge thread about them on the facial hair forum. Some of the guys on there have massive collections of razors and luxury shaving products, but funnily they all focus on how much cheaper the blades are!

False economising hipster bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

jesus lads....grow a beard already...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'd grow a beard if I bloody well could :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

I do. God what kind of bromance is this you don't even know me!

Yes they are the choice of the hipster but I started using them because of serious ingrown hairs on my neck that, because I have a real job, were freakin killing me when I was wearing a tie. You don't get that stuff with a proper razor.

You don't have to get a gold plated ivory tooth hippo skin razor, Boots sell plastic ones for €5. That's what I got and had it up to 2 years ago when wifepants bought me a steel one.

They're seriously cheap. I bought blades 5 years ago, I still haven't run out. I bought a badger brush (that's right hippies it's made from actual badger!!) at the time and a little bowl for shaving soap and I've replaced the soap in it twice in the 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Do yourself a favour. Invest in the DE feather blades and a merkur razor. You'll never go back to using a gillette or whatever piece of **** plastic you used before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Is everyone ready to have their minds blown? This may actually belong on the Conspiracy theories forum... I just connected the dots.

The lizard people or the reverse vampires or someone are behind this Crossfit thing and they're trying to DEVOLVE the human race! I was reading a diet thread in here and every second post was about paleo so, being a Friday afternoon, I decided to look up the Wiki for Paleolithic man. What read shocked me to the core. It's littered with Crossfit references.

Human population density was very low, around only one person per square mile.[2] This was most likely due to low body fat, infanticide, women regularly engaging in intense endurance exercise

sisson.jpg

0.jpg

most Middle and Upper Paleolithic societies were possibly fundamentally egalitarian

First 4 lines of "What if Crossfit" section from here

the main themes in the paintings and other artifacts (powerful beasts, risky hunting scenes and the over-sexual representation of women) are to be expected in the fantasies of adolescent males during the Upper Paleolithic

206888_190900664286773_1635928_n_original.jpg

laurenheatherjocelyn1.jpg

the abundance of such female imagery has led some to believe that Upper Paleolithic (and later Neolithic) societies had a female-centered religion

Fran, Cindy, Helen....

the elites of these societies (like the elites of many more contemporary complex hunter-gatherers such as the Tlingit) may have used special rituals and ancestor worship to solidify control over their societies, by convincing their subjects that they possess a link to the spirit world that also gives them control over the earthly realm

Community_CFJ_GregGlassmanSitDown_PartTwo_screenshot.jpg

Are we seeing a new branch of the human eveloutionary tree forming? In 10,000 years time will homo sapiens be fighting it out for control of the earths resources as homo kippiens seeks to replace everything that exists to be good at one thing with loads of sh1te that's not really good at anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Not if Rich Froning has anything to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I for one welcome the War...

Sure there all at it....some other twat around here was trying to run a revolution lately as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

That Albany crossfit video - how can anyone let these clowns teach people??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

For anyone looking at developing false grip for rings I found this a great help. Progresses from building false strength on a standard chinup bar to rings. Lots of other quality gymnastic tutorials on it aswell

http://gymnasticswod.com/content/false-grip-progressions-pt1

Video on the site isn't in youtube format so wasn't too sure how to embed it on the site

Ouch. THose false no-grip wrist pull ups look like they're be harder than muscle ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Blindingly obvious name change complete!

Can anyone gues who I used to be?? :)

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »

A girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Brian? wrote: »

UL_heart_throb?

Scuba Ste wrote: »

Ahh no, I really miss him.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Program on BBC1 about Tony Quinn and Educo whackery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement