Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dathai wrote: »
    Don't have a link ATM (on my phone). But it's on his Facebook page.

I've heard about the cube method, I've seen people peddling it on FB and just assumed it was another lifting program that was more about the hype and making cash off of it rather than providing decent results.

Nah I read it, it makes sense and it's very similar to how I train anyway, just a bit more structured (so less chance of me fiddling and messing with it, which is a big problem I have)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Best site for calorie counting? need to gain a stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

jugger0 wrote: »
    Best site for calorie counting? need to gain a stone

MyFitnessPal.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Zombienosh wrote: »
    any heading to this.?

http://www.sportsandfitnessshow.ie/

Some people here might be interested in doing something at it or promoting gyms/products etc.

I'm going to head down again. Went last year and it wasn't great but I'm sure it'll be better this year (fingers crossed anyway!)
    Hanley wrote: »
    Link?

The Cube is my next training cycle once GVT+Smolov is outta the way. Very excited.

I'm going to give it a shot myself if for no other reason other than I <3 Brandon Lilly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

COH wrote: »

I'm going to head down again. Went last year and it wasn't great but I'm sure it'll be better this year (fingers crossed anyway!)

I'm going to give it a shot myself if for no other reason other than I <3 Brandon Lilly

Sounds like an interesting programme.

Would love a copy if any of Ye have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Was just reading up on the cube, sounds interesting alright! Watched some of his videos too, some basic realities in his secret to success video. A welcome break from people plugging every single supplement they're sponsored by

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Found The Cube Method PDF and the doc he sent out to the test candidates. The test candidate doc has some little "extras" that he didn't include in the main PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Found The Cube Method PDF and the doc he sent out to the test candidates. The test candidate doc has some little "extras" that he didn't include in the main PDF.

Any link for that Dathai? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Ye any links man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Haha I don't know how I missed this one until now. Steven Segal is the only man with enough skills to take Glassman and his fitness cult empire down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

I recommend everyone have a google of 'Manti Te'o. He's a college American footballer for Norte dame. Absolutely bizarre story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Michael 09 wrote: »
    I recommend everyone have a google of 'Manti Te'o. He's a college American footballer for Norte dame. Absolutely bizarre story.

Just had read of that there, its a really bizzare story alright. Very suspicious :cool:

Michael 09 wrote: »

I could not be more dubious of that story. The massive skeptic in me says America loves a good story and nothing well sell more jerseys and create more media hype than the man that lost everything and everyone he loved only to go on to the NFL and become captain America.... It has Disney/Oprah written all over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

COH wrote: »

I could not be more dubious of that story. The massive skeptic in me says America loves a good story and nothing well sell more jerseys and create more media hype than the man that lost everything and everyone he loved only to go on to the NFL and become captain America.... It has Disney/Oprah written all over it...

Yeah it's one of those all American, over coming adversity stories. Will be interesting to see if he was in on it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lyle McDonald has updated his store. All his books are available in ebook format from him now. His stuff is very interesting to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

The strongest man you've never heard of...

Nice little vid some of you might be interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

If I was drinking 2 litres of milk a day, should I still drink 2 litres of water too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Dubdude wrote: »
    The strongest man you've never heard of...

Nice little vid some of you might be interested in

Hip belt squat, nice

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ConorCBS wrote: »
    If I was drinking 2 litres of milk a day, should I still drink 2 litres of water too?
    No need, the 2L of water is more than enough for the average person anyways. Years ago some study was done and somebody determined people were recommended to intake XXXXml of liquid per day (equating to 8 glasses of liquid to go into your body). Somebody misinterpreted this as needing to drink "8 glasses of water" per day, but the recommendation was to include water contained in foods. If you ate loads of water melons all day you would not need to drink any water.

• Advertisement

What do people have as a pre-workout meal when training in the morning?

I'm in the gym just after 6am but I'm finding I'm tanking during some workouts. It could be a quality of sleep issue but I'm worried my nutrition is a problem as I don't really have an appetite that early in the morning. Also I can feel wrecked for the rest of the day, especially if I take a pre workout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

rubadub wrote: »
    No need, the 2L of water is more than enough for the average person anyways. Years ago some study was done and somebody determined people were recommended to intake XXXXml of liquid per day (equating to 8 glasses of liquid to go into your body). Somebody misinterpreted this as needing to drink "8 glasses of water" per day, but the recommendation was to include water contained in foods. If you ate loads of water melons all day you would not need to drink any water.

Scooby dubious tbh. I drink 3L of milk a day, and 2+L of water and my piss is still almost green at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hanley wrote: »
    Scooby dubious tbh. I drink 3L of milk a day, and 2+L of water and my piss is still almost green at times.

WTF....seriously? man there is something wrong with you...cant gain weight...cant hydrate.

I drink 2-3 L of water a day and the only time my piss is green is after a nights sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

What do people have as a pre-workout meal when training in the morning?

I'm in the gym just after 6am but I'm finding I'm tanking during some workouts. It could be a quality of sleep issue but I'm worried my nutrition is a problem as I don't really have an appetite that early in the morning. Also I can feel wrecked for the rest of the day, especially if I take a pre workout.

Have you only started it recently? Maybe your body hasn't adapted to it yet. I train fasted at 6:30am, it took me 1 or 2 weeks to get used to it but now I prefer it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

WTF....seriously? man there is something wrong with you...cant gain weight...cant hydrate.

I drink 2-3 L of water a day and the only time my piss is green is after a nights sleep

I dunno about you crazy people but I've never pissed green or heard of anyone pissing green... except maybe radioactive man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I dunno about you crazy people but I've never pissed green or heard of anyone pissing green... except maybe radioactive man.

plutonium is not a banned substance on the WADA list...

RadioactiveMan.jpg

B-Vits give your urine that natural green bio-luminescent quality you need to know that you're as hardcore as you are patriotic

Ant11 wrote: »
    Have you only started it recently? Maybe your body hasn't adapted to it yet. I train fasted at 6:30am, it took me 1 or 2 weeks to get used to it but now I prefer it.

No. I've always trained in the am.

• Advertisement

I would have said yellowish no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement