Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Was actually thinking the exact same thing about yer one Kelly from tallafornia.

Can,anyone say "publicity stunt"?

I can.

"publicity stunt"!

Sham central.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Was actually thinking the exact same thing about yer one Kelly from tallafornia.

I can.

"publicity stunt"!

Sham central.

I doubt it. These people tend to believe their own hype. She probably thinks she really lost that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Jarren wrote: »
    531900_608822352467446_70619898_n.jpg

What happened to old fashioned fat calipers ?

Those machines are ****. Take a piss and you get a different reading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Jarren wrote: »
    531900_608822352467446_70619898_n.jpg

What happened to old fashioned fat calipers ?

Look at that. She gained 1.9kg of muscle in a week too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I can.

"publicity stunt"!

Sham central.

It is Kelly. Her other half owns/runs go gym and she was his 'experiment'.

I hope it back fires but I bet you'll get some people dying to sign up who don't really know any better.

• Advertisement

It is Kelly. Her other half owns/runs go gym and she was his 'experiment'.

I hope it back fires but I bet you'll get some people dying to sign up who don't really know any better.

Going by twitter they will get flocks of fools "well dun babes xxx cant wat 2 join"

2 weeks later "instructor said i was extra good this week so decided to treat myself to curry, bottle of wine and malteasers!! xxx"

She actually posts up pictures of what she eats everyday. Looks very bland and boring.*

*eh so I'm told anyway 'cause I don't follow her or nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Going by twitter they will get flocks of fools "well dun babes xxx cant wat 2 join"

2 weeks later "instructor said i was extra good this week so decided to treat myself to curry, bottle of wine and malteasers!! xxx"

Fancy going halves on those malteasers with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

kevpants wrote: »

Some absolute gems in that thread. Some people are ridiculously clueless...

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

All kinds of Assome...:)

DL Saint wrote: »

Well she certainly has the ehh ... negative control mastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Is she really squatting 220kg in a pair of asics type runners with such good form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    Is she really squatting 220kg in a pair of asics type runners with such good form?

I didn't even notice the bar to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Not a chance it's 220kg, no whip or movement to the bar, piss easy walk out etc.

Given the fluidity of her movement both up and down I doubt it, no doubt it's heavy, but not 220kg heavy

MOAR LUNGES!!!

steal-78-dat-ass-cow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I think its 120kg

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Hey folks, quick question. I'm getting bruised along the vertebrae on the back of my neck when I rest the barbell on it during squats. I'm a girl, so there's not a lot of muscle on that area. Was thinking of putting my towel across my shoulders and resting the bar on that, but wanted to check if this is a good idea. Bit paranoid about anything to do with my back, long story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

boogle wrote: »
    Hey folks, quick question. I'm getting bruised along the vertebrae on the back of my neck when I rest the barbell on it during squats. I'm a girl, so there's not a lot of muscle on that area. Was thinking of putting my towel across my shoulders and resting the bar on that, but wanted to check if this is a good idea. Bit paranoid about anything to do with my back, long story :)

The bar may be too high up. It should be resting on your traps and you shouldn't really feel it pressing on your vertebrae. Also, the closer your grip on the bar the more your traps will bunch up which will give you a more stable and comfortable bar placement. Hope that's of some use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

DylanJM wrote: »
    The bar may be too high up. It should be resting on your traps and you shouldn't really feel it pressing on your vertebrae. Also, the closer your grip on the bar the more your traps will bunch up which will give you a more stable and comfortable bar placement. Hope that's of some use to you.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I have half-decent traps but I feel like my spine sticks out a bit at that point. I'll try your idea and see how it goes. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pinch your shoulder blades together to create a area for the bar to rest on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

datass45.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Looking for a website that someone posted awhile ago and i can't remember.

It was like myfitnesspal but better. anyone know?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Looking for a website that someone posted awhile ago and i can't remember.

It was like myfitnesspal but better. anyone know?

fitday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think it started with a C.... it included vits and minerals.

EDIT: found it/.

was http://cronometer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Just in case lads needed another reason to exercise

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2013/01/21/bjsports-2012-091644.abstract

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

For anyone who is interested in Natural Bodybuilding this federation are hosting a show in Cork in October.

http://www.facebook.com/NaturalBodybuidingFederationOfIreland?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

In case anyone is interested the NABBA/WFF Open Classic is on in the South Court Hotel in Limerick on Saturday April 20th in association with Optimum Nutrition and Eastway Fitness Club. Also an IPO Bench Press competition I see.

Poster Attached for more details

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement