Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

DL Saint wrote: »
    All kinds of Assome...:)

She's using these plates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Parsley wrote: »
    I'm gonna be appearing on TV3's Take Me Out in the next few weeks, with a clean + push press as my talent if anyone wants a laugh :pac:

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/455/59052/1/Take-Me-Out

26:20

Well done sir

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Jarren wrote: »

Lol good job parlsey, why do woman always turn off their lights at any sign of intelligence.
    Reminded me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MrPain wrote: »

Lol good job parlsey, why do woman always turn off their lights at any sign of intelligence.
    Reminded me of this

In fairness, this guy reeked of narcissism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

two of those birds? Have you seen the size o' them?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

4266263806_4054cea43c_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

cc87 wrote: »

that chart is useless.. it only goes up to 300mgs. Chart needs to be.. at least three times bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

cc87 wrote: »

Sure they don't even mention Barry's or Lyons' tea on it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

lol'd hard at foley's comment about the girls weight, it didn't go down too well.

Also why no spandex? you gotta show off them Olympic wheels bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

jugger0 wrote: »
    lol'd hard at darcys comment about the girls weight, it didn't go down too well.

Also why no spandex? you gotta show off them Olympic wheels bro.

Yeah d'arcys jokes are rubbish, in fairness to him though he's a great rugby player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

anyone else hate treadmills?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I hate the bike if it's any consolation. And the rower.

I can tolerate the X trainer.

Basically boring cardio. I hate boring cardio.

There was a woman in the gym yesterday who was there and running on the treadmill at a steady pace when I came. I was in for about 70 minutes. As I was still leaving she was still going.

That would drive me pure cracked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hate treadmill as well. I don't mind going for the odd run outdoors but cardio like that in general just bores me lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

There was a woman in the gym yesterday who was there and running on the treadmill at a steady pace when I came. I was in for about 70 minutes. As I was still leaving she was still going.

As a previous cardio-avoider-at-all-costs it does seem like a really boring thing to do alright, but having gotten into running in the last while those long, steady paced runs are actually really relaxing :o When you're running at a pace that you can comfortably think and let your mind wander it's almost like a form of relaxation.

Almost :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jerrica wrote: »
    As a previous cardio-avoider-at-all-costs it does seem like a really boring thing to do alright, but having gotten into running in the last while those long, steady paced runs are actually really relaxing :o When you're running at a pace that you can comfortably think and let your mind wander it's almost like a form of relaxation.

Almost :pac:

Outside or on a treadmill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Outside or on a treadmill?

Both really. Obviously on a treadmill you can completely switch off, outdoors you still have to maintain a good awareness of your surroundings, but it's still lovely to lose yourself in the repetition of the steady pace :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I just can't get treadmills, it feels wrong and unnatural. I'll happily run outside, but treadmills don't feel like running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I just remembered a dream I had, Hanley was in it. He was explaining why squats are bad and was showing everyone an alternative which kind of looked like some weird kipping bent over row.

Orla K wrote: »
    I just remembered a dream I had, Hanley was in it. He was explaining why squats are bad and was showing everyone an alternative which kind of looked like some weird kipping bent over row.

Kipping bent over row? You mean a power clean?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

If any of you are floating around Clontarf on Saturday there's an ON sampling event going on where I work. The shop is just across from the wooden bridge out to Bull Island. Think there's going to be a challenge to hold two serious mass bags like a lateral raise, best time gets a prize.

I think it'll be gas craic on the day, no need to buy anything. It'll probably be amino energy they're sampling which tastes gift anyway.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Orla K wrote: »
    Hanley wrote: »
    Kipping bent over row? You mean a power clean?? :D

I'd imagine it probably looked a bit like this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

DylanJM wrote: »

My eyes bled watching that, please make it stop.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

DylanJM wrote: »

It was something like that, except with dumbbells.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Steroids explained the XKCD way.
    http://www.xkcd.com/1173/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Just questioned the purpose of a chick deadlifting 125pound with tiny plates, and was told she wanted greater ROM as bigger plates would only work her hamstrings... Oh and I use 'dead'lifting lightly as apparently she didn't see the need to hit the ground between reps. Despite wanting greater ROM..

Am I missing something here?

TheBellJar wrote: »
    Just questioned the purpose of a chick deadlifting 125pound with tiny plates, and was told she wanted greater ROM as bigger plates would only work her hamstrings... Oh and I use 'dead'lifting lightly as apparently she didn't see the need to hit the ground between reps. Despite wanting greater ROM..

Am I missing something here?

Was the ROM with the small platers greater or less than the equivalent of normal size plates? Regardless of whether she touched the ground or not.

Was the ROM with the small platers greater or less than the equivalent of normal size plates? Regardless of whether she touched the ground or not.

I'm only going by 3 photos.. Not RL or a video, so not sure. But her starting position looked like a bent over row and I presume ROM was greater as the plates sat lower but surely that would fcuk up her starting position ? Or is that just me thinking about my own lack of hamstring flexibility?! I'm very confused!

TheBellJar wrote: »
    I'm only going by 3 photos.. Not RL or a video, so not sure. But her starting position looked like a bent over row and I presume ROM was greater as the plates sat lower but surely that would fcuk up her starting position ? Or is that just me thinking about my own lack of hamstring flexibility?! I'm very confused!

It depends on her goals, her mobility, her weakpoints and what she's trying to achieve. It could just be an assistance exercise. I do deficit pulls all the time and so do a lot of great lifters. It would be best not to jump to conclusions without knowthing the full story!

It depends on her goals, her mobility, her weakpoints and what she's trying to achieve. It could just be an assistance exercise. I do deficit pulls all the time and so do a lot of great lifters. It would be best not to jump to conclusions without knowthing the full story!
    I asked nicely :) Also she replied to say it was ''legs day' and that she wanted greater ROM, I didn't want to question it so figured I'd ask here! I just wanted to know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Happy Valentines day brahs and brahettes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement