Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What does the 2013 look like?

The ones I bought look like the 2012 but are called Adipower Core Energy.

Ah man they're unreal... Pretty similar to the 2012 but better lock system and colour choices.

....I'm sorry, totally yanking your chain. There's no such thing. Well wear on your shoes. I love mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

The crossfitters are trying to make me get some....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Jarren wrote: »

I think Adidas just renamed them. I found this out due to Hanley having me searching for 2013 Adipowers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

No experience with actual weightlifting shoes. Are they worth the 200 bills?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Guys

Fitness Courses

NCEF CEHF/DEHF, NTC National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training.

What your opinions would be on it as regards employment opportunities, would it be recognised in other countries, what level of qualification it is etc.

A friend of mine asked me about it and I'm not really sure what the answer is

Any recomendations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

The crossfitters are trying to make me get some....

I'll sell you mine for 100bucks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

ronanc15 wrote: »
    No experience with actual weightlifting shoes. Are they worth the 200 bills?

Well if you're a weightlifter they probably are worth the money. If your just looking for a pair of shoes for squatting or general gym use then you could get away with some of the cheaper shoes like power perfects, do wins etc.

Jarren wrote: »
    Guys

Fitness Courses

NCEF CEHF/DEHF, NTC National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training.

What your opinions would be on it as regards employment opportunities, would it be recognised in other countries, what level of qualification it is etc.

A friend of mine asked me about it and I'm not really sure what the answer is

Any recomendations ?

100% Leisure Industry Academy. I wouldn't waste my time anywhere else.

Fast track package - L3 gym instructor, L4 PT - reps accredited with international recognition.

And the quality of the content is f*ckong awesome. Hell I spent my own money to go there and do their L4 in jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,291 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just out of the gym, on the way to work (it's 8.30). I forgot to bring my breakfast and lunch. Food suggestions?

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Just out of the gym, on the way to work (it's 8.30). I forgot to bring my breakfast and lunch. Food suggestions?

Got microwave in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Mellor wrote: »

pizza

COH wrote: »

pizza

I was going to say make scrambled eggs in microwave but you can get an Aussie pizza which has eggs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,291 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Got microwave in work?
    Yup.

pizza
    As much as I'd like to justify sone "recovery pizza". Im cutting atm. Trying to stick to high protein/low carb, but less strict around workouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone know where I could get bands?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anyone know where I could get bands?

What craziness are you planning?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    What craziness are you planning?

:pac:

Been looking up band traction and would like to give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

:pac:

Been looking up band traction and would like to give it a go.

Keep training the way your training and you should have no problem ending up in traction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Bands are for pussies. What you want are some magic power beans. Giz a PM and I'll hook you up.

Dathai wrote: »
    Bands are for pussies. What you want are some magic power beans. Giz a PM and I'll hook you up.

Jeez man that's awful genrous:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Anyone ever get in an argument/fight at the gym? very close to it today and was just thinking with all that testosterone floating around is it a common occurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

Yeah I've had an argument or two, always down to idiots with poor gym etiquette.

Nearly got into a brawl in the warm up room of a comp before... And seen more than a few arguments end with fists flying.

I've seen a few instances of lads squaring up, general sh*te talking and posturing but never seen fists being thrown. In saying that some of the guys that used to train in the old worlds gym, powerhouse and unique physique in town have some interesting stories about things getting out of hand!

Never experienced it thought I left old gym before I could. There was a few lads there who were getting under people's skins

I've seen a few instances of lads squaring up, general sh*te talking and posturing but never seen fists being thrown. In saying that some of the guys that used to train in the old worlds gym, powerhouse and unique physique in town have some interesting stories about things getting out of hand!

GPC works champs in limerick saw one!!

Hanley wrote: »
    GPC works champs in limerick saw one!!

I must have been too blinded by disappointment and strung out on difene to notice what was happening around me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Not a fight but something funny I saw once when I used to train in Bridgefoot Street gym, there was two lads from the flats who were told that they were targets for a shooting. One of them disappeared for a while but the other stayed around. He didn't want to miss out on his bench pressing so he came to the gym and did his workout wearing a balaclava.
    It was a good gym with some nutters, closed down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Stocked up on almonds today, 3 kilos
    243987.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

MrPain wrote: »
    Stocked up on almonds today, 3 kilos

Lidl ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement