Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

dylbert wrote: »
    Lidl ?
    Yeah, their cottage cheese is also amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

That's a lot of almonds. They are awesome though, I usually mix a bag about that size with a bag of pumpkin seeds into a ziplock bag and keep it with me every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

How much are almonds in lidl? Taken a real fancy to them lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Where do you lot buy nuts? Lidl is great for almonds but not great for other nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

The Indian or Arab food markets do all kinds of nuts. Gonna drop into Lidl and get some almonds if they're any cheaper than where I get mine currently.

Almonds + Dark Chocolate = Nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

Almonds with dark chocolate? sounds awesome.
    I had a small bag of roasted almonds from a starbucks once I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Where do you lot buy nuts? Lidl is great for almonds but not great for other nuts.

I get mine from the Asian supermarket by Georges Arcade in Dublin but I think most have a pretty good selection

Awww yeah!

Taking them for a test drive today so?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Awww Yeah!

time_travel.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tmc86 wrote: »

Taking them for a test drive today so?!

I don't squat to Monday but there might be some impromptu squatting this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Only found out yesterday from another thread that "natural" nuts are zero VAT, but normal VAT rate if salted and/or roasted. Explaining why they are usually a good bit cheaper in the baking section. Peanut butter is also zero VAT.

rubadub wrote: »
    Only found out yesterday from another thread that "natural" nuts are zero VAT, but normal VAT rate if salted and/or roasted. Explaining why they are usually a good bit cheaper in the baking section. Peanut butter is also zero VAT.

I've always found peanut butter expensive though.

Zombienosh wrote: »

Try Tesco's own brand they do a reduced fat (25%) one and a wholenut one both are in and around €1.50/60

• Registered Users Posts: 39,291 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zombienosh wrote: »

It's expensive compared to jam and such. But not too bad if you compare it to the equivalent about of peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Awww Yeah!

sweet shoes but the color...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Try Tesco's own brand they do a reduced fat (25%) one and a wholenut one both are in and around €1.50/60

Why would you want reduced fat peanut butter? If they're reducing the fat they're probably sugaring it up.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

http://schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/creatine-how-much-should-you-be-taking

Am i reading this wrong? 27 grams of creatine daily.. ive been taking 5.. so many gainz lost if this is true.

It says you burn through 2 grams per day for maintenance. If you're taking 5g a day you're at a surplus from the start. Course taking more of anything will increase the content in the bloodstream. 100g of creatine a week? No thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

you can get 750g of Almonds for €4.99 in the asian food section in most tescos, its a big purple bag. havent found anywhere cheaper than that.

50g a day for 33c

• Advertisement

It says you burn through 2 grams per day for maintenance. If you're taking 5g a day you're at a surplus from the start. Course taking more of anything will increase the content in the bloodstream. 100g of creatine a week? No thanks..

What about the 0.4 for every pound of muscle after the 2g's of maintenance?

Some people here will probably know better but as far as I know creatine takes a long time before it leaves the body. If that's true why would you take that much?

Some people here will probably know better but as far as I know creatine takes a long time before it leaves the body. If that's true why would you take that much?

Yeah ive just been taking the 5g's for as long as i can remember, but then Ahnold shared that on FB and now i dont know what to believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Brian? wrote: »
    Why would you want reduced fat peanut butter? If they're reducing the fat they're probably sugaring it up.

I was offering a suggestion for a cheap peanut butter which I've seen. The Tesco express near me stocks those two products so if you don't want to pay higher for say the likes of a Sun Pat peanut butter then they have those alternatives.

I have purchased them both before but couldn't tell you anything about the nutrition i'm afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I was offering a suggestion for a cheap peanut butter which I've seen. The Tesco express near me stocks those two products so if you don't want to pay higher for say the likes of a Sun Pat peanut butter then they have those alternatives.

I have purchased them both before but couldn't tell you anything about the nutrition i'm afraid.

There's a reason why it's cheap - probably horse in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Irish rugby boys in the gym if anyone is interested.
    Would be interested to see what Sean O'Brien is lifting..

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=14615

Surprised to see earls benching 120kg!.. Form isn't great but still..

Hanley wrote: »
    There's a reason why it's cheap - probably horse in it.

no harm in a bit more protein!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

colman1212 wrote: »
    Irish rugby boys in the gym if anyone is interested.
    Would be interested to see what Sean O'Brien is lifting..

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=14615

Surprised to see earls benching 120kg!.. Form isn't great but still..

Not the best? It's f*cking appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Just curious whats so wrong with it.
    He seemed to be at his max and struggled moving is hips around during the lift.
    But I didnt this it was that bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement