Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Anybody going to the Bodypower Expo in Birmingham next weekend?, just booked my tickets and I got flights for 40euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

MrPain wrote: »
    Anybody going to the Bodypower Expo in Birmingham next weekend?, just booked my tickets and I got flights for 40euro.

Christ I wish. How did you get such cheap flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Christ I wish. How did you get such cheap flights?
    Ryanair where having a sale a few weeks ago, just checked them yesterday and they are up to 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Just had the opposite of the epic meal experience. I had 3 courses in Nevin Maguires Restaurant earlier, Mrs has been dying to go for months.
    Spuds and veg side dishes aside I could fit my main course in one hand..... I got a 1/4 pounder and cheese on the way home after and still hungry :mad:

For anyone interested theres a seminar in Popeye Gym in Sligo on 1st of June by Dawid Geller and Ann Marie Last

https://www.facebook.com/events/373725576065487/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Been looking to pick up some bands, primarily for mobility/flexibility work but will try some strength work with it as well. Word on the street is Woodys are the best. Are these overkill or can better value be gotten given what I have in mind?

Also looking at below pullum belt, anyone ever used it?

http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/belts/powerlifting-belts/pullum-suede-duel-prong-powerlifting-belt/prod_24.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

anyone use one of them ab wheel thingys? or know anywhere to pick one up cheap.

I'd like to try one out sometime.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    anyone use one of them ab wheel thingys? or know anywhere to pick one up cheap.

I'd like to try one out sometime.

I seen one ages back in tescos-I use them every time I do ab work, I seen a video of konstanin konstantinov doing them with a couple of plates on his back.
    After that I figured if its good enoug for him......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Potentially more suited to the nutrition forum but would be interested to hear what macro ratios people have stuck with while they are going through cutting phases. I know it's different for everyone but just curious to hear other people's experience :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Potentially more suited to the nutrition forum but would be interested to hear what macro ratios people have stuck with while they are going through cutting phases. I know it's different for everyone but just curious to hear other people's experience :)

40/30/30pcf initially until you find what's good for you.

1g protein/lb bodyweight minimum too.

I'm closer to 40/20/40pcf these days

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    40/30/30pcf initially until you find what's good for you.

1g protein/lb bodyweight minimum too.

I'm closer to 40/20/40pcf these days

Roughly 55/20/25 at the moment.Trying to get the hang of balancing but struggling a bit to get the fats in. Bar nuts any other recommendations for fats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Roughly 55/20/25 at the moment.Trying to get the hang of balancing but struggling a bit to get the fats in. Bar nuts any other recommendations for fats?

Mackerel.
    Peanut butter (the proper stuff).
    Coconut oil.
    Coconut milk.
    Olive oil.
    Avocados.
    Eggs.
    And nuts as u said.

There's plenty more but that's my usual.

Ant11 wrote: »
    Mackerel.
    Peanut butter (the proper stuff).
    Coconut oil.
    Coconut milk.
    Olive oil.
    Avocados.
    Eggs.
    And nuts as u said.

There's plenty more but that's my usual.

Excellent thanks, will pick up a few of those. Had tried to pick up coconut oil but the tesco I went to didnt have it.

Are you eating the peanut butter solo or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Peanut butter and honey = awesome. I usually add a jar of honey to the big kg tubs of Meridian Peanut butter and mix that sh1t up Mmmmm taste those peanut gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/250675-Rumble-on-the-Rails/video/709499-Olympic-Wrestling-Backflip-contest-and-then-some Thought this was cool. The US Olympic Wrestling team showing off a load of backflips and stuff, as well as some impressive physiques.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Excellent thanks, will pick up a few of those. Had tried to pick up coconut oil but the tesco I went to didnt have it.

Sometimes throw it in a shake. It's actually lovely with an apple. I'd take a bite of apple and then a spoonful of peanut butter. The odd days I haven't planned what I'm gona eat I'd eat it solo but not too fond of that.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Peanut butter and honey = awesome. I usually add a jar of honey to the big kg tubs of Meridian Peanut butter and mix that sh1t up Mmmmm taste those peanut gains.

That is a pair I wouldnt have imagined. Going to have to mix me some of this :-)

Ant11 wrote: »
    Sometimes throw it in a shake. It's actually lovely with an apple. I'd take a bite of apple and then a spoonful of peanut butter. The odd days I haven't planned what I'm gona eat I'd eat it solo but not too fond of that.

Cheers Ill pick some up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,291 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rubadub wrote: »
    Standing, I don't think I could manage it seated at all. My shoulders would usually not be level, sometimes it looks more like kettlebell pressing where you might see a guy tilting to one side.
    Finally gave this a shot. Managed to step up to a heavier DB.
    Did it both seated and standing. Seated was harder, and I kept shouders more level so I think i'll do it that way in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

JJayoo wrote: »

Man that sounds like something that would make my sh*t violent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Heading to dubai in December for a week on my way back to ireland.
    Think its ok to bring supps in my bag?
    Vital Greens, whey protein, Vitamins, fish oil?
    I wouldn't care going to most plays but I'm not sure what the deal is with the UAE...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If there is a superquinn near you, they stock coconut oil. About €6 for a 500ml jar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If there is a superquinn near you, they stock coconut oil.

Any African food shop will have it as well and usually cheaper than superquinn.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Brian? wrote: »
    Any African food shop will have it as well and usually cheaper than superquinn.

Everywhere is cheaper that SQ ! haha

Its just a 5 minute walk from my house.....

Thanks lads, will go on the hunt after work

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Dunnes have coconut oil too.

Tesco Feta cheese is cheap, delicious, very low carb (1g \ 100g) and high fat (23 \ 100).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Man that sounds like something that would make my sh*t violent!

Making all those poo gains.

colman1212 wrote: »
    I wouldn't care going to most plays but I'm not sure what the deal is with the UAE...

I'd be very very careful what you bring, I remember reading an interview with a western trainer working in one of those small gulf states remarking on the irony that whey was classed as being illegal but steroids were not legislated against so were in use there

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Was just looking at the Facebook pages of some of the most well known trainers in Ireland. How the hell does the Pat Divilly Fitness page have so many more fans than the rest? I'm not hating on him, I just dunno how he has nearly 20k followers, while Revolution Fitness, The ABS Gym or Dominic Munnelly's page only have about 1000 fans each. He's just started two 6 week transformation courses, one for lads and one for girls, costing 100 euro each. From the looks of the responses he's got a few hundred people signing up to each. That's a lotta earnings... I am very envious but fair play to him. I'm sure his training programs are very good but so are the aforementioned trainer's. How is he marketing himself so well?

I ask because I'm looking to get started as a PT. I would have thought in order to get loads of attention to myself I would have to take loads of spectacular before/after pics of myself, have a load of videos of me lookin jacked on Youtube (like this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts) and so on. But Pat Divilly doesn't appear to have done any of this. (I don't want to either!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

colman1212 wrote: »

This sort of story ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7234786.stm ) would make me very wary of bringing anything into the UAE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement