Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

CM24 wrote: »
    http://f1133473.wordpress.com/

Thought this was really interesting. Big strong guy gets sent to prison for 4 months with no weightroom. Improves his physique with only bodyweight exercises. He has a very detailed log of his workout routine/ diet and pics here. I'm probably going to Australia soon in search of work as a gym instructor/PT and was worried that I'd lose a load of strength during the 3 months of rural work. (I assume there's no gyms around the berry farms anyway!) Hopefully I'll be able to mimic this guy's results.

I'd recommend going for farming (like farm hand etc. not fruit picking) where you live on the farm as your rural then, I'm on a farm living and working for my rural, have made myself a makeshift bench, lifting logs etc. plus there's loads of toys around to use. Only downside is it's not as much craic as the hostel/goon rural work.

I go into town once a week for kangaroo meat/tuna/eggs (supplements are a rob here) + work + exercise = all them outback gainz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

CM24 wrote: »
    http://f1133473.wordpress.com/

Thought this was really interesting. Big strong guy gets sent to prison for 4 months with no weightroom. Improves his physique with only bodyweight exercises. He has a very detailed log of his workout routine/ diet and pics here. I'm probably going to Australia soon in search of work as a gym instructor/PT and was worried that I'd lose a load of strength during the 3 months of rural work. (I assume there's no gyms around the berry farms anyway!) Hopefully I'll be able to mimic this guy's results.

Where i was picking watermelons/capsicums they had one of the best gyms ive ever been in, old school bodybuilder gym, 70kg db's, big muscley old lads giving advice.. i made gains on the farms with a steady diet of kanga burgers and baked beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

TheZ wrote: »

I can't wait to get "nodging"

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

What a day, love this weather. Myself and a buddy did a bit indoors in the gym before taking out the farmers walks, a very large tyre and some kettlebells for killer circuits out in the car park.

Love training outdoors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Outdoor training is awesome! Took my girlfriends little bro to the park and did loads of chins, pull ups and dips. Great to outside. Jealous of the paddys bars lads that there isn't something like it in my hometown!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Does anyone know who owns the muddy little patch out the back door in Raw Gym? Would be a great place for some bars. (Once you put some kind of cement over the mud)

Just as you mention that about setting bars up outside the gym. My gym recently built a play ground outside it and never vouched for parallel bars, pull up bars or anything that could be used for bodyweight work.

I think it was built by the CC but the gym should, I think, have pushed for them.

Think of the children, won't someone please think of the children :pac:

You'd probably best asking COH about the patch of land. He'll probably see this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Picked up some new gear!

ARf7WxI.jpg?2
    Bands will help the ongoing mobility battle, in particular my ankles which have the range of motion of a flagpole.

In other news, wide grip chin-ups are a lot harder than they look...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Figured this is a good place to ask seen this doing a google search and looked up a few reviews which do seem positive but does anyone know if its any good or just a gimmick?

http://www.anaboliccooking.com/welcome/

• Advertisement

Figured this is a good place to ask seen this doing a google search and looked up a few reviews which do seem positive but does anyone know if its any good or just a gimmick?

http://www.anaboliccooking.com/welcome/

Few good recipes in it. Have it in a PDF

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Few good recipes in it. Have it in a PDF

Cheers I wasn't sure by the website it's sold like an infomercial. I guess I'll give it try so hopefully it helps me along the diet part as in what to eat what can't I eat, how much, calories etc I still find daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

i wouldnt be paying $50 dollars for it let me put it that way!

i wouldnt be paying $50 dollars for it let me put it that way!

Do you know of a better alternative then if you wouldn't recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

loads of free info on net, spend a few hours with google, or bodybuilding.com for recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Anyone know if RAW has an o-lifting platform and bumpers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Has bumpers but no platform.

Pop me a PM with your email Ill dig it out tomorrow for you

Also Hanley has a brilliant recipe book too!

Dathai wrote: »
    Has bumpers but no platform.

So I can drop weights or are the bumpers for show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

ronanc15 wrote: »

Also Hanley has a brilliant recipe book too!

Can't go wrong for €12 !

I'd love to see Hanley do a cooking programme on RTE :pac:

• Advertisement

So I can drop weights or are the bumpers for show?

They're not for show. I've seen people use them on the steel log and for deadlifts. There's a track that's used for deadlifting and warming up, I've seen people do snatches and c/j on it before.

Not sure what the story is with dropping the weights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I've always figured the general rule for dropping weights is don't be a dick. If you can put it down, just put it down. If not, sure you've no real choice but to drop it; no harm done. Seeing people drop bars just to make a loud crash and show off is pretty annoying, especially the odd dope who does is on every rep in a high rep set. Headache inducing crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

So my new base has a dry ski slope custom hill sprint structure :pac:

5150075564_cf27bee659_z.jpg

I've always figured the general rule for dropping weights is don't be a dick. If you can put it down, just put it down. If not, sure you've no real choice but to drop it; no harm done. Seeing people drop bars just to make a loud crash and show off is pretty annoying, especially the odd dope who does is on every rep in a high rep set. Headache inducing crap.

Yup. I didn't want to give a yes or no answer (coz I don't work there). But IMO if its not your stuff to break, don't be a knob.

Guy's I'm not asking as I'm a dick, actually I am a dick, but I want to o-lift and when I get to my work sets its far too heavy for me to control the eccentric.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

They're Jordan bumpers as far as I remember and can take a bit of a beating, dropping them from the top of a C&J or snatch with reasonable weight wouldn't be an issue.

The only issue with o-lifting in Raw is the bars, many are bent a bit & the sleeves don't always spin, coupled with the knurling being gone at the parts of the bar where you'd have your hands for a snatch grip.

Anyone here about the old jack3d formula becoming legal again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

That stuff must be like crack, once someone has used it they seem to obsess about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Getting my second tub of Protein tomorrow from Myprotein but tempted to get some creatine as well,it seems to be well tested and recommended by alot of online stuff i have read.

Anyone here use it regular?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

is my protein fixed now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement