Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Zombienosh wrote: »
    is my protein fixed now?

Fixed?Was there a problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

dahat wrote: »
    Fixed?Was there a problem?

They changed couriers and there was loads of delays. Think I was waiting 3+ weeks for mine.

They changed couriers and there was loads of delays. Think I was waiting 3+ weeks for mine.

Not good,waiting that long for me is not an option,fook anyway..

They could be back to normal now.

I use The Protein Works now with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Not good,waiting that long for me is not an option,fook anyway..

Their back to normal delivery time now. I bought from them a few weeks ago. Protein works are also a good option.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads,will price both and see which works out cheaper then.ON price was too hefty last time,first time buyer mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Myprotein is grand now, I bought the powdered oats off them the other week arrived in three days.

Myprotein is grand now, I bought the powdered oats off them the other week arrived in three days.

Lovely,just put through my order this morning..

Anyone any recommendations on which creatine to go for? I've googled and read so many varying opinions and reports which just haven't helped in selecting one at all.

I was angling towards capsules but after reading a good bit about it, it seems powder form is the better option larger serving and more easily digested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone any recommendations on which creatine to go for? I've googled and read so many varying opinions and reports which just haven't helped in selecting one at all.

I was angling towards capsules but after reading a good bit about it, it seems powder form is the better option larger serving and more easily digested.

As far as I know, creatine is just creatine, no matter what the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Generally Creapure has a good name. I'd be wary about buying unknown cheap brands.

Looking on fitnessireland there best selling one is BSN Cell Mass but best selling doesn't always equal best product. I guess it just a case of trial and error and finding the one that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

A plain, unflavored monohydrate is all you need. Dymatize do a good one that is cheap and lasts a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Creatine monohydrate is all you need. They all achieve the same end result, monohydrate just does it cheapest. I get mine from myprotein.co.uk. 10 euro for half kilo is pretty good when you only need 5g a day

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Creatine monohydrate is all you need. They all achieve the same end result, monohydrate just does it cheapest. I get mine from myprotein.co.uk. 10 euro for half kilo is pretty good when you only need 5g a day

I read somewhere of people taking 25-30g of creatine a day. It doesn't work out so cheap for them :P

Yeh been reading up on it all morning, and monohydrate seems to be the way to go. Was looking at going for this one, if they have it in stock since I live about 5 minutes away from one there shops.

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/allmax-nutrition-micronized-creatine-monohydrate-1kg-model-allmax-nutrition?gclid=CM3Jw-zS3rcCFWE62wod2RIAYQ

I read somewhere of people taking 25-30g of creatine a day. It doesn't work out so cheap for them :P

Really that much? Sure if you start taking it and want to hit muscle saturation quicker take 25g a day for about two or three weeks but once you've got your muscles saturated in atp 5g is more than enough to keep the levels at 100%. You need even less of you eat red meat regularly.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Really that much? Sure if you start taking it and want to hit muscle saturation quicker take 25g a day for about two or three weeks but once you've got your muscles saturated in atp 5g is more than enough to keep the levels at 100%. You need even less of you eat red meat regularly.

Yeah that was a daily thing not just the so called 'loading phase'. Ridiculous amount tbf. Surely the excess would be excreted?

Yeah that was a daily thing not just the so called 'loading phase'. Ridiculous amount tbf. Surely the excess would be excreted?

I assume so. It's a micronutrient so it wouldn't provide any energy or anything so I guess it's just processed by the kidneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Have a 180km cycle to do in a few weeks. Should probably do some cycling soon. Dang!

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Have a 180km cycle to do in a few weeks. Should probably do some cycling soon. Dang!

Best of luck :)

I have hell & back to do this Sunday I should be OK once I shift this stupid viral infection I have.

You know when your calve's cramp in the middle of the night and you are in excruciating pain? Should you stay still or move?

Happened me last night and I'm in a heap today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

^ eat a banana

rocky wrote: »
    ^ eat a banana

Banana's are one of the very few things that I don't eat. (Them and egg yolks when not scrambled :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Just put in my first order to myprotein, ooo spooky. Will it arrive?
    Nothing big, just curious to try some of their stuff especially a vegan blend they have.

And none of us used reference codes for Myprotein,ah well,any thread for such a thing??

You know when your calve's cramp in the middle of the night and you are in excruciating pain? Should you stay still or move?

Stay still till it goes and stretch gently after it,hydration any issue for you?

Stay still till it goes and stretch gently after it,hydration any issue for you?

No not really. Had nearly 3 litres of water yesterday. I'd usually have 2 at a minimum.

• Advertisement

I was told put them on something cold to heal it. Works too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement