Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone know if you can buy beef jerky or any of that kind of dried meat stuff in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can buy beef jerky or any of that kind of dried meat stuff in Ireland?

Haven't tried it now, so can't say what its like but was thinking of getting some myself

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/low-carb-foods

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Beef jerky isn't too hard to get. Search round some of the supplement websites. Here for example. Or else you could get biltong, you can get it in a few places in Dublin. Can only remember The Meat Factory in the Ballymount Industrial Estate off the top of my head.

Oisín

Was thinking more along the lines of a shop I could pick it up in. Cheers though I'll keep those options in mind

Both of them have shops in Dublin were im sure you could pick them up instead of ordering them online.

• Advertisement

Both of them have shops in Dublin were im sure you could pick them up instead of ordering them online.

Sorry miss read your post. Thought it was bulkpowders you where linking. Brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Was thinking more along the lines of a shop I could pick it up in. Cheers though I'll keep those options in mind

Had some last week. Have to say I was disappointed. It was like I cut the sole off one of my well worn runners and had a chew.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I've tried the Bulls Eye Beef Jerky in the cajun, smoked and original. All nice. Cajun tasting the best. It's quite expensive though for just a snack.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

dahat wrote: »
    And none of us used reference codes for Myprotein,ah well,any thread for such a thing??

You could always go to bulkpowders instead and use my referral code!

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I've tried the Bulls Eye Beef Jerky in the cajun, smoked and original. All nice. Cajun tasting the best. It's quite expensive though for just a snack.

Oisín

Maybe I'll give it a miss then. Food bill is expensive enough as it is.

• Advertisement

Anyone tried any of the Walden farms sauces? Was thinking of picking some, maybe the mayo or bbq sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Anyone tried any of the Walden farms sauces? Was thinking of picking some, maybe the mayo or bbq sauce.

They're really hit and miss in my experience. I quite like the bbq sauce though, but I tried the strawberry jam, and the chocolate peanut spread and didn't like them at all. (Although you probably shouldn't expect too much from ~zero calorie foods)

You gotta love the name though, conjuring up the image of a lovely farm somewhere when this stuff is probably churned out of a factory in an industrial estate somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Posted in the wrong thread earlier

Double training days are putting my metabolism into overdrive.

What do you guys recommend for high satiety foods. Considering taking a bite out of my desk today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Eat bigger meals less frequently, Works for me to stave off hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Agree with this tbh.

Stuff myself at meal times and then dont even think about food for a long time.

Doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Would be much easier if that was the case!

Jabula on Strand Street (off Capel Street) sell biltong, droewors, boerewors etc.
    Jabula on Strand Street (off Capel Street) sell biltong, droewors, boerewors etc.

Is it brand stuff they sell or homemade? If brand do you know the name of it?

Last time I was there they had Hunter's, Boks and Caveman Supersnacks (who have since gone out of business). Been a while since I've been so couldn't tell you exactly what they have now, they do have an online store if you wanna check.

Happy Friday everyone!

Would someone be able to answer this for me, please.

I bought coconut oil yesterday (for the first time) - Cocowel Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (tub) to be precise.

There was another type beside it that looked exactly like olive oil - can't recall the name.

1) Did I choose the right one?
    2) Can it be used for cooking almost anything?

anyone have any issues with myprotein website? It seems a bit glitchey on firefox. I tried to order 4 different flavours but they all showed up as the same in my basket. Then it keeps logging me out.
    ronanc15 wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Would be much easier if that was the case!

What's your total training volume?

and goals?
    Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone!

Would someone be able to answer this for me, please.

I bought coconut oil yesterday (for the first time) - Cocowel Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (tub) to be precise.

There was another type beside it that looked exactly like olive oil - can't recall the name.

If coconut oil can flow out of a bottle, it's probably crap. The good stuff is solid at room temperature. So yeah, you chose the right one
    Heat_Wave wrote: »

1)Yes
    2)Yes
    ronanc15 wrote: »
    What do you guys recommend for high satiety foods.
    Soup & protein

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Including deleted posts, this thread has exceeded the magic 10,000 number.I'm locking her up.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement