Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Nah Teh is the new the.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

g'em wrote: »
    I know. I was half afraid it would cause a black hole. It's like Googling 'Google'. You just don't know what will happen when you click that mouse.
    You should have left the topic open, I was preparing a cutting response. But he was actually 100% right about me, it's like he found my letters and read each one out loud. Damn these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Nah Teh is the new the.

I can see you won't be entering your school's spelling bee this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Roper wrote: »
    You should have left the topic open, I was preparing a cutting response. But he was actually 100% right about me, it's like he found my letters and read each one out loud. Damn these issues.

Link!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

floggg wrote: »
    I can see you won't be entering your school's spelling bee this year

Teh is so 2006 anyway.

Guess his generation missed out on it tho.

• Advertisement

Spelling bees are for losers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Spelling bees are for americans :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

W000t, got a new job, no more getting up at ungodly hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Spelling bees are for losers :P
    Spelling bees are for americans :S

and the difference is...?

well Losers can spell :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

tribulus wrote: »
    W000t, got a new job, no more getting up at ungodly hours :D

Yeah?? Quality... whatcha at these days??

In a lab at the moment, now just got onto a graduate program in a role more related to my degree, much bigger company, more benefits, more scope for progression etc. Only a year later than planned, lol.

Has anyone bought off EFS?? They're trying to charge me €70 for a fucking t-shirt i think i've done something wrong!!!

What Zip Code do you use!

link or gtfo i wanna see the t-shirt

and use 00-00 for all zip codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Has anyone bought off EFS?? They're trying to charge me €70 for a fucking t-shirt i think i've done something wrong!!!

What Zip Code do you use!

Sure you didn't order a bench shirt by mistake???

They'd be more than 70E with delivery.

Careful with getting stung by customs as well. See if they'll put it down as a "gift" on the packaging.

Wait that link appears to be insane!!

lol L the dudes squatting? why do u want teh t-shirt?

Cardio im not directing this at you....

but vegetarians drive me mental!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't really care if someone is vegeatarian, only when it's brought up and they can't back their "allegations" up.

One veggie tried to tell me they're veggie because of the way animals are treated and their living conditions, rather than because the animals are killed. So I pointed out that most of the beef I eat would be from cattle out in a field, whereas the organic vegetables they eat are fertilised with slurry from cows which are kept in horrible indoor conditions. :D :P

Also, if anyone is watching Play TV the answer is 993. :P

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't really care if someone is vegeatarian, only when it's brought up and they can't back their "allegations" up.

One veggie tried to tell me they're veggie because of the way animals are treated and their living conditions, rather than because the animals are killed. So I pointed out that most of the beef I eat would be from cattle out in a field, whereas the organic vegetables they eat are fertilised with slurry from cows which are kept in horrible indoor conditions. :D :P

Also, if anyone is watching Play TV the answer is 993. :P

i have opened up a terribly worded rant on the matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Another one I love if well-off kids with consciences. One girl said to me once "I saw something on the internet about the conditions the people making clothes for Penney's live in and I'm never buying anything there again." So I tried pointing out that most places would probably have their clothes made in the exact same place by the exact same people as Penney's, but they just charge 10 times as much to the consumer. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tribulus wrote: »
    They'd be more than 70E with delivery.

Careful with getting stung by customs as well. See if they'll put it down as a "gift" on the packaging.
    The gift thing doesn't mean much at all. You are liable for VAT on goods above €22, and goods up to €45 if marked as a gift. In reality they only go for stuff over €45, so everything is really considered in the "gift" range. It is not really worth the admin costs to process collecting the money on stuff under €45, and with all the online shopping I doubt they have the staff. I presume they can only process so many orderes a day so you might get lucky.

There are people in the states you can get stuff delivered to, then they forward it onto you without invoices etc, so it could appear as a true gift and you might not be stung. One woman will even go out to local stores and do your shopping for you, so if you found a US equivalent to the bargain alerts forum you could get great deals.

Also the limit of €45 includes the postage, so a €20 shirt with €25 postage is techinically liable (even though below the €22). In reality they look at the goods cost, but they DO add on the postage. So a shirt for €46 is liable, and if postage was €20 they calculate the overall cost as €66

Now back to more serious matters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

amacachi wrote: »

I'm not sure where you got the idea of cattle being kept in horrible indoor conditions are separate from the ones you eat, most cattle spend the winter indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

rubadub wrote: »
    Now back to more serious matters...

Guys, I'd appreciate if you'd stop posting vodeos of me :pac:

On an more serious note - I failed to get tickets to the Pixies concert :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

*"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fcked by dicks. But dicks also fck assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fck too much or fck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****! "

Killme00 wrote: »
    *"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fcked by dicks. But dicks also fck assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fck too much or fck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****! "

Team America FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Best sex sceen in a movie - ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Best sex sceen in a movie - ever!

lol have you seen the uncut version? unbelievably funny stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement