Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Hanley wrote: »
    Nah I'm busy doing proper training.

OHHHH, yes I did :D

aw shit !! come on hit me??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

aw shit !! come on hit me??

Sorry for the crap quality!

Definition of laziness...

eating something that tastes horrible coz you couldn't be arsed getting up to put it in the bin!!

Worst icepop EVER

Definition of laziness...

eating something that tastes horrible coz you couldn't be arsed getting up to put it in the bin!!

Being hungry and not going to get food cos it's too much effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Being hungry and not going to get food cos it's too much effort!
    ringing the house phone to get someone to bring you food into the sitting room. which is the closest room to the kitchen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

You lazy kids these days! I am drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

FunkZ wrote: »
    You lazy kids these days! I am drunk.

At this time? Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Not In Goals - a bad situation that one tries to avoid.

You've said that to me about 20 times and I've never known what the hell you were talking about. I usually just look at the ground or think about my favourite type of sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Never heard nigs before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dibs#.22Nigs.22.2C_.22Nix.22.2C_.22Eggs.22.2C_or_.22Zafo.22
    "Nigs" or "Not in Goals" is a convention which was prevalent throughout the eighties amongst Irish children playing football. It has resurged in popularity in the last decade in its shortened form "Nigs". The word is considered to mean the opposite to "dibs". For example, if someone definitely does not want something, they can nigs it ("Nigs on the cold slice of pizza", "Nigs on doing the dishes", etc.). Unfortunately, the word bears resemblance to a racial slur, which may be a reason for its slow development in usage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

nigs -1

snacks +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I laughed for quite a while..

1044_17_228_2007.jpg
    ?????

Just seen this again:
    What ever picture you tried to embed is trying to sell me free MP3's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Since the topic of the day seems to be boozing....I was out last night and have zero hangover! Sticking to the one drink (guiness) seems to be a good thing, who knew? Although after the night of whiskey tasting I had a month or two ago I might be immune to hangovers now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Committed a mortal sin today guys.... I curled in the squat rack! I'm disgusted with myself tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Get out.

so many levels of ghey....

i love it!!

kevpants wrote: »
    You've said that to me about 20 times and I've never known what the hell you were talking about. I usually just look at the ground or think about my favourite type of sandwich.

Ahhhhhhhhhahahah well now ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Titty fcukin christ guys! flick over to tnation Dave tate box squats for 35 reps.There's a cool video.

Since the topic of the day seems to be boozing....I was out last night and have zero hangover! Sticking to the one drink (guiness) seems to be a good thing, who knew? Although after the night of whiskey tasting I had a month or two ago I might be immune to hangovers now....

Guinness gives me terrible hangovers! Which is a pity - as everytime I go to Shoots, it's practically a mortal sin not to drink Guinness :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Guinness gives me terrible hangovers! Which is a pity - as everytime I go to Shoots, it's practically a mortal sin not to drink Guinness :/

Man i have to drink guinness when im out. Never makes me hungover but always has me running to the loo the next day like a horse with IBS

I've been on the Corona the last few nights I've been out, hate buying bottles though. Wish it came in pints :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

Just watched the Dave Tate video, thats some serious amount of Injuries he has had( tore both calf muscles in HALF!!)

Are those kind of Injuries par for the course with powerlifting or is it just Elite lifters?

De Deraco wrote: »
    Just watched the Dave Tate video, thats some serious amount of Injuries he has had( tore both calf muscles in HALF!!)

Are those kind of Injuries par for the course with powerlifting or is it just Elite lifters?

No. It's just Dave Tate. He was either very injury prone, or doing something seriously wrong with his training during the time because I definitely haven't heard of as many injuries with other lifters. Either that or they dont go on about them as much.

And does anyone know if that video was tongue in cheek or not because I've never heard such a load of tripe. Sounded like a badly produced american day time TV show at times.

totally agree, the commentator seemed like something out of the sopranos, and for the 35 rep thing it wasnt really that special if they only put it in in the last minute, and whats this crap about his life before....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

mega lol at hitching a ride on battlestar spasticus

Killme00 wrote: »
    mega lol at hitching a ride on battlestar spasticus

+1

it's a pity g'em banned him, going by his posts in AH we would have got a laugh at least!!

Free The Fitness One i say!!

Ugh, someone post an interesting thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Ive been reading about HICT (high intensity continous training) over on Sherdog. very interesting stuff, basically working at about 10-15 bpm under max to reduce your RHR to around the low fifties.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f14/how-finally-solve-your-conditioning-problem-788235/

sherdog *shudders* :D

there's a touch of Rubadub about the drummer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Killme00 wrote: »
    Ive been reading about HICT (high intensity continous training) over on Sherdog. very interesting stuff, basically working at about 10-15 bpm under max to reduce your RHR to around the low fifties.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f14/how-finally-solve-your-conditioning-problem-788235/

My RHR was down to 42-44 ish when I was on the irish rowing squad, with the amount of high intensity cardio we were doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement