Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Oh and this....

Sie hat auch allerhand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Words fail me........i feel like laughing vomiting and crying at the same time!!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214177

L you seriously need to get out more when you are so lonely that you resort to surfing women's forums for articles about variations on the tampon.

I saw menstruation and ran!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Hanley wrote: »
    I know they're pretty much made from the same receipe but I'm reasonably sure most people would agree there's a sublte difference.

Or just wouldn't care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Lads, it's menstruation, it happens to 52% of the population. Get over it and stop linking to threads in other forums that you need to get your juvenile kicks out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

gnolan wrote: »
    What the hell do you have that in brackets for, you think we're some bunch of uncultured (excuse the pun) bastards?!

Let me play along then......whats that cammamberete....is that like some kinda fancy cheese.....jaysus yer some gay!

oh certainly not.You maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

g'em wrote: »
    Lads, it's menstruation, it happens to 52% of the population. Get over it and stop linking to threads in other forums that you need to get your juvenile kicks out of.

See lads... You're even grossing G'em out!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Go for it dude! I'm hoping for six reps with 120 myself.

Only got 4 reps. :( will log the whole session later. How did it go for you killme00, you been to the gym yet today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I'll have you know I'm a svelte 96kg!!!!

I'll have you know I'm a svelte 96kg!!!!

SNAP

• Advertisement

great early 90's rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Another great early 90's tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFsTr0kGAqU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i love ratm, heres my fav song atm tho,

oh and did someone say german rock?

Nobody said German rock....

kevpants wrote: »
    Oh and this....

Sie hat auch allerhand!!

Brian, what in the hell does this look like?

Well firstly, that sounds like German hip hop which is even worse....

well 2ndly your wrong.... oh btw. anyone see the new tnation article, aside for a few bleeps it aint bad. altho i think the whole crossfit section in it is a bit retarded

german rock?Their lyrics are god awful but it's good background noise for deadlifts n crap.

I looked over that new tnation clip.little fanbase for strongman?wtf its prob one of the most widely recognised strength sports in the world.

Few months ago going for near max deadlift turned around to my training partner who is well known as being a connoisseur of angry music, took the headphones out of his ear... he was listening to this....

well 2ndly your wrong.... oh btw. anyone see the new tnation article, aside for a few bleeps it aint bad. altho i think the whole crossfit section in it is a bit retarded

You haven't even done your leaving cert, I'm right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The only song worth being posted on teh internet!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

In the midde of deadlifting 2 weeks ago and this kicks in over the gym speakers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

It's the equivalent of adding an extra 20kgs to the bar. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You people actually hear the music that's being played?? :s

You people actually hear the music that's being played?? :s

Its the hearing it beforehand that is offputting, it stays in my mind when I get under the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Watch in full

From a T-nation Article, the issue is compound -vs- isolation. Is it just me or does he seem to be arguing and creating completely unrealistic scenarios just for the sake of arguing?
    Here's the thing that cracks me up: how the **** do you define what a compound movement is? People will say, "It's a movement that works all muscles." Well, let's say I sit down to do a seated calf raise. I grab the handles and my forearms, biceps, triceps and lats are flexed. My calves are definitely working and the pad is smashing my quads. So it's pretty much working every muscle in my body, right? Is that a compound movement?

Or they'll flip it and say that every exercise like a squat is a compound movement. But I see people in the Body Pump class doing tons of squats, bobbing up and down like water toys. Is that a compound movement that'll make them bigger? You see what I'm saying? It's ****ed up! People always fall back into the same dogma bull****.

I'm not saying that what they classify as compound movements isn't the way to go. I'm just saying there's more to building a jacked body than doing squats, deadlifts, rows, and presses. When it comes down to it, I'll take a guy who does nothing but "isolation exercises" and busts his ass over the guy who does compound movements with less intensity any day.

hanley i think the most important part of that article is
    T-Nation Article

From a T-nation Article, the issue is compound -vs- isolation. Is it just me or does he seem to be arguing and creating completely unrealistic scenarios just for the sake of arguing?

That article is part of a set, along with the evaluation of different methods of training/competing and others. The goal is to thoroughly confuse readers (compound movements? Yeah we told you to do that but we didn't mean it! Strongman lifts for core? Yes we told you to do that but now you're going to bust your back!) and then when everyone's completely messed up and don't know what to think, t-nation will drop their newest "superprogramme" on the readers and everyone will rejoice for finally being told what T-nation really meant all along.

Well that's my theory anyways.

That article is part of a set, along with the evaluation of different methods of training/competing and others. The goal is to thoroughly confuse readers (compound movements? Yeah we told you to do that but we didn't mean it! Strongman lifts for core? Yes we told you to do that but now you're going to bust your back!) and then when everyone's completely messed up and don't know what to think, t-nation will drop their newest "superprogramme" on the readers and everyone will rejoice for finally being told what T-nation really meant all along.

Well that's my theory anyways.

Sounds plausible actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tlev

So T-Nation articles = bad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement