Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

That article is part of a set, along with the evaluation of different methods of training/competing and others. The goal is to thoroughly confuse readers (compound movements? Yeah we told you to do that but we didn't mean it! Strongman lifts for core? Yes we told you to do that but now you're going to bust your back!) and then when everyone's completely messed up and don't know what to think, t-nation will drop their newest "superprogramme" on the readers and everyone will rejoice for finally being told what T-nation really meant all along.

Well that's my theory anyways.

you were right :), they also had a few friendly pictures of biotest along the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

rubadub wrote: »
    Anybody know how hard these are to do, relative to say a bar muscle up? or pullups (e.g. you will hear you should be able for 15 pullups & 15 dips before a muscleup)

The usual gymnastics high bar is springy which I guess helps a lot.

They're not too hard in gymnastics terms, its only an A level skill in competiton skills. Compared to muscle ups a completely different strength where it relys on timing and beating of the mid section to perform. Also the guys in the video is making it really hard for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

saw a dude do 83 push ups in a minute on Sat morning at 6 o'clock!! funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They're not too hard in gymnastics terms, its only an A level skill in competiton skills.
    Cheers, I saw it was A skill afterwards on this site http://www.drillsandskills.com/skills/hbar/

Do the springy bars help a lot?

I still cannot kip right, I was messing about on bars today, got some spinning, like this guy at the start. Still pretty crap

Hopefully will be doing the one arm stuff in a month or so ;)

IMG_0121.jpg

That lady scares me...:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm angry, I has no monies. I needs monies. Looks like I'll be forced onto the velocity diet at this stage.

Dammit is the video working for anyone else? oh there we go.

I'm angry, I has no monies. I needs monies. Looks like I'll be forced onto the velocity diet at this stage.

A forced velocity Diet kick started my bench progress again... go figure!! Well it was prob coz i was for once gettin a decent supply of protein..

P.S Interwebz Fail yet again B

Leave me alone I just wrote another 5000 words today! Got it working in the end.
    Yeah I guess protein consumption would go through the roof, and I could add some fibre and olive oil, but it would still be a bit ****ed up. Hate not having the option of buying a litre of milk and a bit of chocolate. :(

Leave me alone I just wrote another 5000 words today! Got it working in the end.
    Yeah I guess protein consumption would go through the roof, and I could add some fibre and olive oil, but it would still be a bit ****ed up. Hate not having the option of buying a litre of milk and a bit of chocolate. :(

at least when i've no money and im living away from home i make better food choices..... while im at home im just ****ing eating!!

They never have enough food at home, its part of the reason I don't go home for more than a day or two now.

• Advertisement

They never have enough food at home, its part of the reason I don't go home for more than a day or two now.

spuds and milk brother...

an endless supply of real milk is a gaurantee'd way to get fat!!!

By real milk you mean fresh from the tit? We don't do dairy farming. oh well, could always kill a bullock next time I'm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tlev

That 24hr ghetto training vid is awesome....serious upper body strength...

By real milk you mean fresh from the tit? We don't do dairy farming. oh well, could always kill a bullock next time I'm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

saw a dude do 83 push ups in a minute on Sat morning at 6 o'clock!! funny stuff

Thats impressive!Was this at a gym or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sat morning at 6am, drunken pushups FTW!

Remmy wrote: »
    Thats impressive!Was this at a gym or something?

residents bar in a hotel!!

Bah stupid annoying messy finnish housemates are back, I wish my quiet weekend could last for ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Bah stupid annoying messy finnish housemates are back, I wish my quiet weekend could last for ever!

male female??

male female??

both female.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

tasty young ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

C*nting stupid ****ing phone battery is ****ed. There's always ****ing something.:mad: Also so exposed metal wire in my laptop charger, so there's something fcuking else for the next little while.

Parsley wrote: »
    tasty young ones?

But of course! everybody knows when somebody mentions a female is finnish/swedish/swiss it can only mean a 22 year old 6ft blonde bombshell. In this case 2 of them lathering each other in baby oil all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tlev

Which reminds me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

rubadub wrote: »
    But of course! everybody knows when somebody mentions a female is finnish/swedish/swiss it can only mean a 22 year old 6ft blonde bombshell. In this case 2 of them lathering each other in baby oil all day long.

rubadub gave me a boner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Get a room!

FunkZ wrote: »
    rubadub gave me a boner :(

LMAO:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

there's this labrador that followed me home lyin around in my front garden now. serious dog, love labradors, but the yoke's filthy as ****. what to do?

there's this labrador that followed me home lyin around in my front garden now. serious dog, love labradors, but the yoke's filthy as ****. what to do?

i'd go with shoot it and eat it....:pac:

• Advertisement

Hose it down? Unless you meant filthy in a diseased sense. In which case hit it with a shovel.

Anyone else feeling completely drained and lethargic today? I was grand a while ago, I'm going to blame the weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement