Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I mixed a scoop of strawberry flavored whey with my porridge this morning.. It did not taste good. uh I'm still feeling the after taste!!

Unflavored whey tomorrow.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I mixed a scoop of strawberry flavored whey with my porridge this morning.. It did not taste good. uh I'm still feeling the after taste!!
    You should try it uncooked, I love it. Best to put the oats in dry and the whey in and mix them up while dry, and then add the milk, otherwise it goes all lumpy too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Or what I do - 2 scoops of whey + 2 scoops of oats, into a blender, 1/2 milk and 1/2 water.
    Thats a damn good smoothie!

rubadub wrote: »
    You should try it uncooked, I love it. Best to put the oats in dry and the whey in and mix them up while dry, and then add the milk, otherwise it goes all lumpy too easily.

That's how I did it this morning. I dunno, I think it was more heavy then anything else. I did use 2 full cups of oats in fairness. It's alot of oats for one person but anything less and it's just not satisfying!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Flaxseed and whey==FAIL!

that is all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Unflavored whey tomorrow.. :o

I did that but with orange flavoured whey. *shudder*

Nice time - I did the first 5 miles at approx 7:10 mins / mils, on mile #6 I fúcked up my knee and had to walk the rest.
    Should have finished in approx 70-75 mins, ended up finishing in 90 mins :mad:
    Although entered in kind of a whim and had a hard training session approx 12 hours before the race - not a good idea.

That's a ****ty thing to happen. You would have prob made the 70min mark on adrenaline after mile 9 or close to.

Ya thats what I was hoping for, sh!t happens. Am in training for a 10 mile race in 2 weeks so was only really using this as a training run, as long as I'm OK for that I don't mind.
    (Although it would have been nice to get a 10 mile PB!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Yesterday I trained in the UL National Strength and Conditioning Centre on a squad training session with USA national coach Andy Tysz. It fnuking ROCKED.

Got a PB clean and narrowly missed a PB jerk but forgot to retract my head quick enough and clocked myself in the jaw :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

g'em wrote: »
    but forgot to retract my head quick enough and clocked myself in the jaw :o

Haha, I did that a while back, my chin was swollen for a month. Good work on the pb though

• Advertisement

Ya thats what I was hoping for, sh!t happens. Am in training for a 10 mile race in 2 weeks so was only really using this as a training run, as long as I'm OK for that I don't mind.
    (Although it would have been nice to get a 10 mile PB!!!)

Are ya gonna do the half mara next month? and i think there's a 15 miler a week or 2 later again in Dublin. Are ya training for anything in specific or just for the crack of it?

Training for the Warriors run in Sligo, 10 mile road and hill race. Have done it the last 3 years, so would be rude not to do it again this year.
    Once that's finished I through with running for a long time :pac:

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Haha, I did that a while back, my chin was swollen for a month.
    It fookin hurts like a mofo!! No major bruising though so no sympathy coming my way :o:D

Yesterday I trained in the UL National Strength and Conditioning Centre on a squad training session with USA national coach Andy Tysz. It fnuking ROCKED.

Got a PB clean and narrowly missed a PB jerk but forgot to retract my head quick enough and clocked myself in the jaw :o

was that yesterday... we were trying to figure out on saturday when it was on :D

was that yesterday... we were trying to figure out on saturday when it was on :D

yeah it was yesterday!! Byrdie and the other UL boys are over in Scotland training so it was mostly us townies there, but it was great craic altogether. It's a lovely facility... but still pales compared to Jordanstown :pac:

yeah it was yesterday!! Byrdie and the other UL boys are over in Scotland training so it was mostly us townies there, but it was great craic altogether. It's a lovely facility... but still pales compared to Jordanstown :pac:

meh i never train upstairs i train on the platforms downstairs.....when they finally go ahead with the new gyms it will be much better there..

image010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

frekin great day today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

frekin great day today!

Whatdaya talking about?? It's freezing out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

It is beyond words how fat i have become..............:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Will "Fat" do?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

2 discoveries today,
    1. Real cheese burgers- mix grated cheese in with lean mince and fry so you get toasted cheese like on a pizza.
    2. Front squats using a tricep bar. I still can't manage proper front squats with the bar properly resting, I normally hold an ez-curl bar in front. With the tricep bar your hands are in a comfortable position, sort of like those front squat harnesses. If you tilt the bar you can rest it partially on your front while supporting with your hands. Only really good with warmup weights, I think the weight is too far in front.
    526690.1101739960469.harness33.jpg

this just in Hanley tests his new intro in total fitness this evening.....tan topped up from Holidays and all...

lolcat-fat.jpg

Lcat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

this just in Hanley tests his new intro in total fitness this evening.....tan topped up from Holidays and all...

That guy is quite the dickhead.

Anywho, got accepted to UCD today, anyone here have any past experience with their gym? I'm thinking about joining it but if it's too busy/full of big headed ruggers i don't think i'll bother! Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Betcha his real name is Chris Trupenny, or Mantle or somethin'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Beans, tuna, whey and pitta bread --> tasty.

BossArky wrote: »

noted.... wait... i have these things in my kitchen....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

noted.... wait... i have these things in my kitchen....

Mixed together the beans, tuna and whey look like something you wouldn't feed the dog with. Tastes fine though.

• Advertisement

BossArky wrote: »

Drop the pitta and add Mincemeat and Pasta! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement