Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Drop the pitta and add Mincemeat and Pasta! :D

That would add about 10 minutes to the preparation time! :)

The beans, whey, tuna and pitta took 5 mins, if even that, to prepare --> just horse the first three into the saucepan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

This is absolutely incredible;

750lb = 340kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i saw, :o

Edit: how is : o :o

This is equally sick;

That platform's 6 foot high, and the stone's 172.5kg.

i saw, :o

Edit: how is : o :o

I know, it's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

brb committing carbicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I did the same a few hours ago, actually feel **** from the excess sugar. Body ain't used to it now!

the best part of a half-kilo of pasta and 2 chicken fillets. :D

Good man!

Home made turkey burger sans gherkin, mayo, mustard and ploughmans cheddar followed by a bag of natural confectionary company jellies... it was my cheat meal so all good!

20 minutes and i'm not half way through it yet. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

yesterday did a 22 mile cycle.When I got home had a big bag of pasta and can of tuna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Half my face is numb cause I got a filling an hour ago. He gave me three injections. bastid.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Half my face is numb cause I got a filling an hour ago. He gave me three injections. bastid.

I went to the dentist a while back and they did a filling, they also said I needed more and to tell them when making the appointment. So next time there an old man came out of the dentist room and into the waiting room, I went in and got injected and sent back outside and the old guy went in again.

They were injecting us and waiting for it to take effect. Otherwise if it is done on the spot they must have to pump loads into you and it only really starts to work fully when you leave.

I remember my brother chewed up his cheek really bad eating a burger after being numbed, said there was blood everywhere!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Think I'll head over to the dentist and see if he'll pump some of that into my quads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah I remember they used to do it like that when I was younger but I figured they'd improved the anaesthetic or else just given me more. I didn't feel any pain, the worst was gagging from having stuff in my mouth. It was a tooth right at hte back. I'm only eating protein mousse and smoothies and icecream til it stops being sore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Last time i went to the Dentist he told me my teeth were fine but i should stop drinking wine........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Last time i went to the Dentist he told me my teeth were fine but i should stop drinking wine........

Do we have the next W.B Yeats in the making here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

ULstudent wrote: »
    Do we have the next W.B Yeats in the making here?

Dont get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Dont get it?

fine and wine rhyme

poems rhyme

itsallabouttheL puts together a sentence that rhymes

itsallabouttheL = poet in the making?

Did you arrive pissed? ;)

Did you hear about the guy getting checked by the nurse for testicular cancer, after feeling around a bit she says
    -I'm sorry to break this to you, but you're going to have to stop masturbating.
    -The man looks at her shocked- Dear Lord why :eek:?
    -Because I'm trying to conduct an examination here.

• Advertisement

L, that team in the other thread is the Toronto Nomads. Played for them most summers over the last five years that I've been away. Good spot on the Barnhall socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

IS egg white powder made with raw egg? Isnt there something about raw eggs that stops them being well absorbed. IS egg white protein powder from myprotein.co.uk usefull then?
    What can ya put egg white powder into ?
    Gonna start taking the stuff when i get back training.

Sweet Fanny Adams .... 500lb double overhand deadlift!!!

Big up to DeadEd for the info

The ease of the cleans is sick.

Ya always know a top quality weightlifter!!

Ordered one of these for keeping the calluses in check.
    sku_23480_1.jpg
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23480
    $1.71 including delivery, dunno how they manage it! €1.25 at todays rate on paypal

Tips on using them here http://www.beastskills.com/calluses.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Front squat question:

Ever had to ditch the weight while doing front squats? My wrists are a bit dodgy and nearly dropped the weight last night, but just wondering - how do you go about ditching the weight in a FS if you are already down with the weight?
    Something like this 'd guess:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

L is refusing to share his maryland cookies......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Front squat question:

Ever had to ditch the weight while doing front squats? My wrists are a bit dodgy and nearly dropped the weight last night, but just wondering - how do you go about ditching the weight in a FS if you are already down with the weight?
    Something like this 'd guess:
    Power or squat rack is the best bet. Look up some clean and jerk failures on youtube there and you'll see lads pitching the weight forwards and themselves backwards in the catch position. How is your rack position for the squat itself? Are you resting the bar on your shoulders or do your hands take the weight?

Flickin around youtube lookin at hang cleans. After one vid one of the options was a vid of Hanleys so i clicked on it, after his, this Jaguar Coach guy was an option.

He is by the looks of things being paid to coach atheletes how to make **** of themselves

And this wasn't the worst video he has:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Roper wrote: »
    Power or squat rack is the best bet. Look up some clean and jerk failures on youtube there and you'll see lads pitching the weight forwards and themselves backwards in the catch position. How is your rack position for the squat itself? Are you resting the bar on your shoulders or do your hands take the weight?

The gym I'm using at the moment doesn't have a power rack, hence the front squats, so Im having to clean the weight up. I'm resting the weight on my shoulders with my hands crossed over, as I find the clean grip very tough on the wrists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement