Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Should have my new "resistance bands" tomorrow
    21927.jpg

10 for £10 including delivery, (brilliant shop use them all the time). I was testing some slightly thinner mountain bike tubes the other day when standing on the tube if I did an overhead press it was exerting about 25kg at the highest point. You can workout how many you need and how far they need to be stretched to get specific forces. Another simple use it to stand on one or 2, i.e. foot inside the tube, and put a towel inside the loop at the top, then just pullup, the towel just acts as a handle and trains the grip too, it you hold the actual band it stretches and is uncomfortable.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=21927

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

The gym I'm using at the moment doesn't have a power rack, hence the front squats, so Im having to clean the weight up. I'm resting the weight on my shoulders with my hands crossed over, as I find the clean grip very tough on the wrists.
    Well it is much more difficult to do when you're using the cross grip. That's all I can use right now as my hand is in a cast and you don't have the same control over the bar. My reccomendation to you would to not to go anywhere near failure until you either get a rack set up or work on your flexibility to make sure you can hold the rack position properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

It's a new enough exercise with me, I've only ever done it as a warm up to back squatting before, so I'll be taking it handy enough. I'm trying to improve my wrist flexibility as well so hopefully, when I get the hang of it - I should be able to hold a decent weight with a clean grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

bolt just ran 19:19 and he was supposed to be tired. unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Look i love Eddie but dammit he can fair murder a great song!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

bigstar wrote: »
    bolt just ran 19:19 and he was supposed to be tired. unbelievable.

FFS - theres not a chicken nugget left in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

jayz, anyone see your one that could be a man? she fecking owned everyone in the 800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

shocking treatment of her to be honest, she won the 800m by some distance but her time is a good bit off record breaking.

just seen bolt being interviewed he was fecking knackered and his form went to **** but he still knocks a tenth of a second of his own WR.

that baba oreilly is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

1166532829566615887.jpg + cold milk = awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Mmmm, seconded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

So I fcuked my back up last night doing dead lifts. Am raging and depressed over it all at the same time. :mad:

Hopefully its just one of those small, last a few day twinges as opposed to needing intensive physio before I can even attempt another deadlift, kinda of injuries.

I hate getting injured, really pisses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Vegeta wrote: »
    So I fcuked my back up last night doing dead lifts. Am raging and depressed over it all at the same time. :mad:

Hopefully its just one of those small, last a few day twinges as opposed to needing intensive physio before I can even attempt another deadlift, kinda of injuries.

I hate getting injured, really pisses me off

Bogey, Hard luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

They seem to have updated their flavors. The new Vanilla flavor is amazing!
    Tastes great with porridge also.

Is currently addicted to..
    lowfat_natural-big.jpg

.. Only 66kcal :D:D

I think i just overreacted slightly!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

badform.jpg

the fcuk?

Yes, yes , yes ... i know... i'm great!!:p:rolleyes:

Oym Nyom Nyom Corona!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes, yes , yes ... i know... i'm great!!:p:rolleyes:
    Good going, but have you seen the category & tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Is currently addicted to..
    lowfat_natural-big.jpg

.. Only 66kcal :D:D

Old McDonnells 4TW

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

I lol'd - HARD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

rubadub wrote: »

Drifter:1 L: FAIL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Quick question instead of starting a new thread.

How important is heart rate when trying to burn fat/lose weight.
    I’ve seen a few guides online estimating that it should be xx% of max heart rate.

Basically, for cardio, is it better to do;
    15 mins treadmill, fast/high heart rate 200-220 cals burnt (running at say 12-13kph)
    Or
    15 mins treadmill, jog pace/low heart rate <140 cals burnt (running at say 8-9kph)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

anyone watch harpers island?

i definately wasnt expecting that :eek:...

podge57 wrote: »
    anyone watch harpers island?

i definately wasnt expecting that :eek:...

I was catching bits and pieces of it, first episode i ever seen of it. What happened?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Parsley wrote: »
    I was catching bits and pieces of it, first episode i ever seen of it. What happened?! :pac:

if you havent been watching it the whole time, you probably wont have a clue what im talking about, but....

Henry is John Wakefields son and accomplice, and killed Trish. Danny got killed too - very sad :(

Failed trying to box squat 120kgs.. Failed trying to bench 85kgs.. & OMG I feel 'so skinny'!! I'm not a happy gym bunny this week!

Failed trying to box squat 120kgs.. Failed trying to bench 85kgs.. & OMG I feel 'so skinny'!! I'm not a happy gym bunny this week!

See ther's your problem.

Hanley wrote: »
    See ther's your problem.

haha. Must choose my words carefully in future. :pac:
    Just having a poxy week is all. :mad:

• Advertisement

Just passed my driving theory test still drunk from last night's festivities! Woooo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement