Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

but ive posted there........

pwned-facekick.jpg.w300h318.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

G'em, fail sorry. i cant see that pic at all!

Really? I can see it fine... hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

damn my wooden modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

G'em. are you lifting this weekend, someone who trains in Hercs mentioned that she's doing a competition this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

damn my wooden modem

I can't see it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

g'em wrote: »
    Really? I can see it fine... hmmm...

must be saved/cached on your pc or something, I can't see it either. btw what's RC?

Killme00 wrote: »
    G'em. are you lifting this weekend, someone who trains in Hercs mentioned that she's doing a competition this weekend
    I am!! It's the club Championships in Cork, probably the second biggest comp of the year after the Nationals. I know who you mean too, she's gas craic altogether, I'm delighted she's getting good work experience. This will be her first competition - I think she'll do well too, her lifts have come on in leaps and bounds in the last few months.

Hope the boss-men are being nice to her ;)
    d'Oracle wrote: »
    I can't see it either.

My computer fails :(

must be saved/cached on your pc or something, I can't see it either.
    I know you're speaking English and yet I don't understand what you're saying...
    btw what's RC?
    A private forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I am!! It's the club Championships in Cork, probably the second biggest comp of the year after the Nationals. I know who you mean too, she's gas craic altogether, I'm delighted she's getting good work experience. This will be her first competition - I think she'll do well too, her lifts have come on in leaps and bounds in the last few months.

Hope the boss-men are being nice to her ;)

The bossmen are never nice to anyone, not even me even though i pay them.

Good luck in Cork, do you have any totals in mind or is that too much pressure?

• Advertisement

tbh it could go either way. My lifting hasn't been quite as consistent as I'd have liked at various points in the last few weeks, and real-life has been set firmly in dramallamaville of late. I'll probably come in over-weight by a kilo or two but I'm not overly fussed - if I need to lift in the next weight class up so be it.

If I can pull my act together and keep my head in the right place I could do alright and get a PB or two. I'd <3 a 70kg c&j, but we'll have to wait and see how my form holds up on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I know you're speaking English and yet I don't understand what you're saying...
    press control and f5.

A private forum.

Ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The day I realised that L was one of the least annoying guys who post in tLL was the day I realised that the place had truly broken my spirit :(

i'm taking that as some form of compliment:p

tbh it could go either way. My lifting hasn't been quite as consistent as I'd have liked at various points in the last few weeks, and real-life has been set firmly in dramallamaville of late. I'll probably come in over-weight by a kilo or two but I'm not overly fussed - if I need to lift in the next weight class up so be it.

If I can pull my act together and keep my head in the right place I could do alright and get a PB or two. I'd <3 a 70kg c&j, but we'll have to wait and see how my form holds up on the day.

where's it on???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 EU RULES

i hate school!!!!!!

633518421146213483-seriously---get-off-my-lawn---motivational-army-poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I am!! It's the club Championships in Cork, probably the second biggest comp of the year after the Nationals.

Where/when's it on???

Parsley wrote: »
    Where/when's it on???

training in the morning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Google also tells me it's about a 35 minute walk from where i live. oh the internet. And nah, i'm in college 11-1, i'll train after. you're goin to a doctor before you set foot in the mardyke again!

Google also tells me it's about a 35 minute walk from where i live. oh the internet. And nah, i'm in college 11-1, i'll train after. you're goin to a doctor before you set foot in the mardyke again!

mmmm... i've some appointments first, um probably go to doctor at 10, should be available around half one if you fancy training then??

35mins.. we could call it a cardio workout:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A good benchmark is
    Bodyweight bench.
    1.5 times bodyweight for squat
    2 times bodyweight for deadlift.

Seeing as I started it, I might as well add my own.
    Currently
    BW=75kg
    Bench = 55kg (3x8), est 1RM @ 70kg
    Squat = 90kg (3x12) est 1RM@ 120kg

the estimates are online calculators, so i'm not sure if I could live up to it.

press control and f5.
    Different puter now, I'll try it later.

I so won't.

Ghey.
    Says the guy who starts threads in ladies forums asking advise on whether he should shave or not. Max ghey.
    i'm taking that as some form of compliment:p
    Do, they'll be far and few between in life, grab them when you can :D

You were one of the most consistently reported people on that forum btw, but I could never bring myself to do anything about it. "But he's so sleazy!!" they'd say. "Ah," I'd reply, "He's harmless. And he grows on you. Like athletes foot."

:D

where's it on???
    Where/when's it on???
    Ballyphehane Community Centre apparently. Yes, we compete in only the classiest of places.
    Google also tells me it's about a 35 minute walk from where i live.
    You should pop down if you get a chance - there's a big crowd going (12 of us from Hercs alone) and it's one of the competition highlights of the year. There'll be some big lifts happening on the day, a great motivator!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

mmmm... i've some appointments first, um probably go to doctor at 10, should be available around half one if you fancy training then??

35mins.. we could call it a cardio workout:cool:

You are only going to a doctor about your back now? *finger wags* Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Going to see Pixies tonight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ULstudent wrote: »
    You are only going to a doctor about your back now? *finger wags* Down with that sort of thing.

L has multiple problems that require frequent visits to professionals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mdc5065

Jealousy. Saw them in Camden a few years back, incredible live performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Same here, second row circle seats, yes I am a withered old bollix who needs a seat, mainly as something to stash my rum under.

They are doing the b-sides too.

Should definitiely do manta ray

And into the white

Meant to be only doolittle, but fingers crossed they do some others as an encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

me three. cannot wait. third time seeing them, its gonna be geat.

• Advertisement

You were one of the most consistently reported people on that forum btw, but I could never bring myself to do anything about it. "But he's so sleazy!!" they'd say. "Ah," I'd reply, "He's harmless. And he grows on you. Like athletes foot."

:D

!!!

That's mad aside from a few thanks in the Pic thread i don't recall much sleaze, lots of inuendo but not much sleazy inuendo, i still think my post in the exfoliating thread was classic..

I'm gonna drag Parsley to that Comp too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement