Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

That's mad aside from a few thanks in the Pic thread i don't recall much sleaze, lots of inuendo but not much sleazy inuendo, i still think my post in the exfoliating thread was classic..
    Linkage?
    I'm gonna drag Parsley to that Comp too!
    Do!! Our annual banquet is on that night in Jurys, Western Road so I'm sure we'll be heading out for a few copious numbers of scoops afterwards, if you're around you should come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

rubadub wrote: »
    Same here, second row circle seats,
    Meant to be only doolittle, but fingers crossed they do some others as an encore.
    I'm siting in the circle as well but 2nd row from the back I think, Doolittle is their best album anyways so I can't wait.
    bigstar wrote: »
    me three. cannot wait. third time seeing them, its gonna be geat.

I wasn't actually supposed to be going but a mate got me a ticket after someone cancelled - delighted!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'm gonna drag Parsley to that Comp too!
    g'em wrote: »
    Do!! Our annual banquet is on that night in Jurys, Western Road so I'm sure we'll be heading out for a few copious numbers of scoops afterwards, if you're around you should come out.

Don't think you'll need to drag me, L :pac: though g'em i must warn you, he's a mean drunk. and extremely sleazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

im seated too. dont know where, a friend got tickets.

favourite song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Parsley wrote: »
    Don't think you'll need to drag me, L :pac: though g'em i must warn you, he's a mean drunk. and extremely sleazy!

i told you all complaints to be addressed to huzzar, plus what was i to do but drink goldshlagger and "talk" to women while you were pretending to be a rockstar!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Meh, it'll be a room full of my nearest n' dearest fellow weightlifters. I think we'll manage to keep him in check ;)

i told you all complaints to be addressed to huzzar, plus what was i to do but drink goldshlagger and "talk" to women while you were pretending to be a rockstar!!

You were the one trying to chat girls up by telling them you were the singer in my band!!! Where's the video you got, by the way?

You were the one trying to chat girls up by telling them you were the singer in my band!!! Where's the video you got, by the way?

i'll upload it later........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

On Sunday night there was a fellow working out just beside the squat rack, doing some curls on an incline bench. After a few sets he whips off his shirt to impress the girl with him (who was just in the gym as a spectator wearing jeans, etc). I was expecting him to put the shirt back on...

Check him out topless in the background at 00:27 of my squat vid. He is off in the distance around level with my backside. You can see him doing pull ups later on in the background too. He spent the rest of the time walking around topless...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Video from last night

€2 for pints in Diceys = sore head today. Even fancy pints like Paulaner were €2, and no cover charge in, it costs more in the off licence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Awesome gig, disapointed it was only an hour long but what an hour!!!

€2 a pint? Thats fuppin good value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Was watching that video and thinking "who's that guy on bass? Where's Kim Deal?"... oh... that IS Kim Deal. I see she's kept her looks...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

stove_ownership.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

rubadub wrote: »
    Same here, second row circle seats, yes I am a withered old bollix who needs a seat, mainly as something to stash my rum under.

I was about 6 feet away from you so!

Was an impressive gig, they made some load of mistakes (hangover after last night?) but it was still amazing.

One of those "things you ahve to do before you die" moments.

EDIT: No I wasn't I was there 24 hours after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

OK so silly question not really worthy of its own thread.

Ive been eating pretty much perfectly all week. Eggs on Granary Bread for breakfast. Smoked Salmon as a snack. Tuna and Cheese salad for lunch and Grilled chickenw/peppers salad for dinners and before bed snacks of Tuna/Salmon/Chicken/Oranges etc pretty much every day.

Not drinking much milk and drinking a lot of water. Been doing this for the last 3 weeks.

Now I usually have some sort of junk food at the weekend, usually fri or sat and I do a double gym session to compensate (I cant run so cardio is out).

My question is two fold:

Im finding it particularly hard to get nutritional info on the junk food, mostly take away pizza's, can anyone help? Particularly the calorific content.

and 2) will this set me back much? Should I just forget about it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

This is like people getting hammered and wondering about the calories. If you're getting a takeaway Pizza the point is that you don't care about the calories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kevpants wrote: »
    This is like people getting hammered and wondering about the calories. If you're getting a takeaway Pizza the point is that you don't care about the calories.

If you order it with diet Coke you can eat as much pizza as you want then - FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

LOL, yeah I realise that. But I figure I might as well earn the treat meals and I dont wanna blow my daily calorie consumption out of the water either.

I knew there had to be a reason everyone was watching True Blood.

Anna Paquin in the nip = Whole pile of win;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

a local takeaway had everything at half price today, i took full advantage

podge57 wrote: »
    a local takeaway had everything at half price today, i took full advantage

i'm eating a fucking wrap, i think i'm turning into drifter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mdc5065

Where in Dublin can a man get...

1.) A quality gyro

2.) Sushi that isn't overpriced

Thanks ahead of time to any repliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

mdc5065 wrote: »

How much is over priced?
    Do you care about quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

LOL, yeah I realise that. But I figure I might as well earn the treat meals and I dont wanna blow my daily calorie consumption out of the water either.

If that makes sense, then I have missed the point of treat meals.....:confused:

Saw an old guy do a spit stance snatch today, absolutely class!!

Also saw a 15 year old snatch 95kg!!

G'em rocked it up as always (absolute gem of a lady too) but i can't for the life of me remember her lifts.

We also discovered a place that does deep fried battered bountys, snickers and mars bars...... nyom

Also saw a 15 year old snatch 95kg!!

G'em rocked it up as always (absolute gem of a lady too) but i can't for the life of me remember her lifts.

We also discovered a place that does deep fried battered bountys, snickers and mars bars...... nyom

The 15 year old didn't get the 95kg did he? Thought he got 90 but failed the 95... G'em got a 69kg C&J i think, can't remember the snatch... :edit: think it was 58kg actually.. she can correct me later!

But yeah most unhealthy eating I've done in a while today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Lawrence McConnell?? Im pretty sure ive seen a vid of him on youtube competing. Hes also a powerlifter, I was talking to him at the nationals in belfast, really nice man, had some awesome lifts too

But yeah most unhealthy eating I've done in a while today. :pac:

Mouldy Bread and Peanut butter
    Packet of Crackers
    Tanora
    Twister Icecream
    Wispa Gold
    Dirty Dirty SnackBox

You my friend are going to die!!

Some one throw that into fitday for the laugh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

mdc5065 wrote: »

Hmmm... you can get a chef's selection of 5 sushi pieces from Yammomori's for around 9 euros (it's good sushi) at lunch time or 6 pieces for 11 euro at around evening time. Or try Yo Sushi! on Clarendon st. Yo-sushi is a Sushi train style resturant (aka conveyer belt) and the price depends on what plate you take off off the belt... which ranges from somthing like 2.50 - 6.50 a plate.

To be honest, i dont know if that answers your question properly. I haven't seen any what you would call 'decent' priced sushi. I haven't tried any of the Sushi King establishments either and convenience store Sushi is very bad quality (and overpriced too). Might pop into Sushi King though maybe during next week and see. But in terms of quality, i recommend either Yammomori's or Yo-Sushi!

There's probably more establishments that may do Sushi but above is just my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement