Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Khannie wrote: »
    Right....Fighting Saturday, prolonged (deliberate) rest begins the next day.

Seeing as i'm still dieting, i'm unable to think about nice food. So can't help you there (seriosuly nice food to be is mash potato, or even a sambo)

But, what are the fight details, weight, class, MMA or MT etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Suggestions on a postcard....

Christmas pud with custard and cream (there should be cream with your mince pies too).

Lots of milk.

Sausage and pasta bake (so so good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

EPIC!

I'm gonna watch that before I lift from now on!

Edit: I failed. Here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI&feature=player_embedded

Edit 2: (from g'em) My embedding skills win. When you embed a youtube vid all you need to include is the numbers/digits after the v= at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

damnit what the hell is 1.27 from! and who is he! hes so familiar!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

damnit what the hell is 1.27 from! and who is he! hes so familiar!

Tim Allen - Home Improvement and The Santa Clause are probably his best know works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Allen

• Advertisement

Cheers home improvement was the one!, couldnt place him at all! hes got that really recognizable annoying voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

To infinity and beyond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Henry = ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

burn_french_flag-vi.jpg

not really though. But really - gutted.

football again lads? this is like twice in 10 days, getting a bit much :P

• Advertisement

football again lads? this is like twice in 10 days, getting a bit much :P

You don't like football lads? Bunch of pansies.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

''They appear to be kissing...........''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

the missus rubbed tiger balm on my back/shoulder - i ain;t sleeping now...i'm 1.30am and I'm talking to the internet ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

the missus rubbed tiger balm on my back/shoulder - i ain;t sleeping now...i'm 1.30am and I'm talking to the internet ;(

be serious..... some of us are rockin proper insomnia..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You're up pretty late, must be almost 5 in Ireland.

either working too hard at the gym, or not hard enough,
    delete as appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Mellor wrote: »
    But, what are the fight details, weight, class, MMA or MT etc

Muay Thai. C class professional - no protective gear except a cup and gumshield but no elbows to the face or knees to the face (elbows and knees to other body parts are allowed). 8oz gloves. I fight at 60KG. Looking forward to it now. Adrenaline's starting to build a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I fight at 60KG.

I think I was 12 the last time I was 60KG:D

Muay Thai. C class professional - no protective gear except a cup and gumshield but no elbows to the face or knees to the face (elbows and knees to other body parts are allowed). 8oz gloves. I fight at 60KG. Looking forward to it now. Adrenaline's starting to build a bit.

I picture you as a well wiry tough young fella Khannie! (Just used the young fella for effect there, we're prob around the same age :))

What's your take on kickboxing Khannie? I am thinking of heading to a class tonight. I want to sweat though, more so than spend time learning technique, if ya get me. More into hitting pads, skipping, heavy bodyweight warm ups, etc, than 'block like this' / 'strike like that' type stuff (what I mean I guess is that I want a good balance of both).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Whats a manotaur?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Killme00 wrote: »
    Whats a manotaur?

minotaur?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

celestial wrote: »
    I picture you as a well wiry tough young fella Khannie! (Just used the young fella for effect there, we're prob around the same age :))

Hehe. I've posted a few pics on boards, but only in the last few months. I'm small (171cm) and very lean right now. Oh, and baldy. I've been shaving my hair for years now. Mostly I walk around 64KG ish, give or take.
    celestial wrote: »
    What's your take on kickboxing Khannie? I am thinking of heading to a class tonight. I want to sweat though, more so than spend time learning technique, if ya get me. More into hitting pads, skipping, heavy bodyweight warm ups, etc, than 'block like this' / 'strike like that' type stuff (what I mean I guess is that I want a good balance of both).

Ah, different strokes for different folks. I like the Muay Thai for a variety of reasons. MT is a *very* good work out and the vast majority of it is doing stuff rather than "block this, strike like that".

If you're anywhere near bridgestone I'd say it's well worth trying at least once. I'm taking a bit of a break after this fight, but I'd gladly be your pad man for your first class if you want to head to bridgestone some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭gnolan

Whats a manotaur?
    rubadub wrote: »

A manotaur is a female that is highly fit and displaying a high level of muscularity. A manotaur is not unattractive per se, and can still be thought of as hot to some. However a manotaur will not fit the expected cultural norms for what a female should look like.

A bodybuilder or fitness girl would be a perfect example.

"Wow, look at that manotaur!"

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Whats a manotaur?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manotaur

1. manotaur 23 up, 3 down love it hate it

buy manotaur mugs, tshirts and hoodies
    A manotaur is a female that is highly fit and displaying a high level of muscularity. A manotaur is not unattractive per se, and can still be thought of as hot to some. However a manotaur will not fit the expected cultural norms for what a female should look like.
    A bodybuilder or fitness girl would be a perfect example.

"Wow, look at that manotaur!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Whats a manotaur?

I can't believe you train at IP and have never heard the term manotaur before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

be serious..... some of us are rockin proper insomnia..

dunno what age you are....but insomina is a young person ailment.
    once you have kids and you'll know sleep time is for sleeping. it's just they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

squod wrote: »

Sounds like the guy with camera is eating a packet of crisps. Standing, recording, swearing away... eating a packet of crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

dunno what age you are....but insomina is a young person ailment.
    once you have kids and you'll know sleep time is for sleeping. it's just they won't.

22 which i guess proves your point

22 which i guess proves your point
    i thought you were 17, with a twin brother... whats his name,,, edward?
    4112912047_6030b6af1c.jpg

grimes_1510425c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

i thought you were 17, with a twin brother... whats his name,,, edward?
    4112912047_6030b6af1c.jpg

grimes_1510425c.jpg

Oh sh!t... well played.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement