Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I used to <3 wearing those socks!!

Try the women's/ kids sections of Dunnes/ Pennys/ Guineys, I've no idea if they're still sold anymore but they were definitely all the rage in the 80s. The 80s are considered retro and cool by the youngsters these days so there's every chance they're back in fashion :D

Gawd... I'm so old :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Anyone ever notice how when it comes to fancy dress costumes, "muscley" guys always choose and outfit that involves them wearing a sleeveless vest?? ;) lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice how when it comes to fancy dress costumes, "muscley" guys always choose and outfit that involves them wearing a sleeveless vest?? ;) lol

Not true!!

This Halloween I was a stickman!!

11638_187282410114_567805114_4302905_474229_n.jpg

I originally wanted to go as Maverick from Top Gun, but my the t-shirt and aviators I ordered never arrived.

I have it on good authority that they DEFINITELY have those socks in the Georges St. arcade, and will probs get a head band there too. Think I might start training in them and bring them back into fashion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Hanley wrote: »

I have it on good authority that they DEFINITELY have those socks in the Georges St. arcade, and will probs get a head band there too. Think I might start training in them and bring them back into fashion!!

They deffo have em there! They're on the wall on the right hand side about half way down!! :)

Malteaser! wrote: »
    They deffo have em there! They're on the wall on the right hand side about half way down!! :)

Yup... got em about an hour and a half ago.

The checklist;
    -white head band
    -royal blue inzer singlet
    -horrifically short pair of navy nike running shorts
    -white leg warmers
    -my trusty Ascis

Shame, I have none.

• Advertisement

Yup... got em about an hour and a half ago.

The checklist;
    -white head band
    -white leg warmers
    -my trusty Ascis

Shame, I have none.

Your work party tonight is gonna be so much more fun than mine!! :( I'm jealous.

Your work party tonight is gonna be so much more fun than mine!! :( I'm jealous.

The party itself will be more fun, but I have to make a show off myself sober. AND I have to do it in front of the partners :cool:

AEROBICS.png

The party itself will be more fun, but I have to make a show off myself sober. AND I have to do it in front of the partners :cool:

Oh yeah...forgot about that...I take back what I said then about yours being being more fun!!! :p

Oh yeah...forgot about that...I take back what I said then about yours being being more fun!!! :p

On no, my party is still going to be LOTS more fun like. 80's themed party means some of the greatest anthems of all time. There's a table quiz, the award ceremoney and general pisstaking. I hope to conduct an aerobics class at some point too.

My part-aaaaaaaay;

Your "party";
    400_F_8657777_4Tvw7wGrjXwI5WRHYNi2gAN3njXzShjN.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The checklist;
    -white head band
    -white leg warmers
    -my trusty Ascis
    You already have the Simmons afro?

richard-simmons.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Not true!!

This Halloween I was a stickman!!

11638_187282410114_567805114_4302905_474229_n.jpg

I originally wanted to go as Maverick from Top Gun, but my the t-shirt and aviators I ordered never arrived.

i actually thought you went as a sperm..... but what in the hell do green boxers have to do with a stick man!

I look absolutely ridiculous... this is going to be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I look absolutely ridiculous... this is going to be hilarious.

Picture proof, please and thanks!

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Picture proof, please and thanks!

Gonna keep ya waiting til tomorrow!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

3 minute interview with a 64 year old powerlifter:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

72 year old body builder - former Mr.America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I am gone so weak its not even funny....today i squatted 110kg....i now bench more than i squat....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

In the gym - banana.
    At home 10 minutes later - tuna and humus.

nyom nyom nyom...:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

BossArky wrote: »

Fookin Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

This doesn't deserve its own thread but I still need to be sure. If I select the 15kg option on here its €30 for two 15kg plates, right? http://www.irish-lifting.com/product_info_equipment.php?cPath=1_15&products_id=243

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

No, for one plate, they are €2 per kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

DM-BM wrote: »
    No, for one plate, they are €2 per kg.

Ahh no, goes someone isn't getting a Christmas present from me. :pac:

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Ahh no, goes someone isn't getting a Christmas present from me. :pac:

I'd go for 20kg ones anyway, bigger diameter so better for deadlifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

rubadub wrote: »
    I could do that, I just don't want to.

Love the caption "the main risk of this stunt is breaking the index fingers." Very informative.

In after hours.
    Weightlifter gives birth during training!
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15122009/58/olympics-olympic-sports-olympic-weightlifter-gives-birth-training.html
    An Olympic weightlifter experienced a huge shock while practising for an event when she unexpectedly gave birth to a baby boy.

Chilean Elizabeth Poblete, who competed at the Beijing Olympics, was training in Sao Paulo, Brazil ahead of a meet when the baby boy was born.

Poblete said she had no idea she was pregnant although she did admit to feeling unwell at practice a week before the birth.

The child was born at six months gestation and remains in critical condition. It weighed just 2.25 pounds and measured only 15 inches at birth. The boy is currently on a respirator.

However, Poblete has since left the hospital where the baby is being treated after claiming she does not have the funds to continue medical care for her and her baby.

The hospital denies it discharged the 22-year-old because she failed to pay her bill.

The Chilean finished 12th in the 69-75kg category at the 2008 Olympics.
    Eurosport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I had my first ever Muay Thai class this evening - FULL OF WIN!!!! \o/ Seriously awesome, so much fun, SO much (even if my cardio fitness sucks very, very badly :o)

Thanks Khannie :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

BossArky wrote: »

wanna be like him when I'm 63

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement