Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install games on external HD

Options
  • 10-05-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Running out of space - considering picking up an external, could you run games off one or would they be too slow ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wouldn't imagine they would be too slow. I get about 30mb/s from my external HDD and about 50mb/s from my internal HDD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Too slow, unless You buy an external eSata which are expensive, best go for an internal Sata. You'll get a 1TB F1 for €81 plus postage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Yea probably best but I already have 5, don't know if she'll take any more, suppose I could get rid of a 320 but then I only get 650 gigs, makes it a bit more expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Why not a 1.5TB or 2TB then so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea 1.5 is a good idea, 2 is too rich for my blood :) thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Or you could get an external to store your data or music or videos or whatever and use the freed up space on the internal to instal games. An external would be plenty fast for that kind of use. And there's no space wasted by replacing a drive.

O/T hope them 2tbs come down in price soon :)

Advertisement