Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Annual Ticket

• 10-05-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I managed to lose my wallet today, which amongst other things had my annual bus & rail ticket in it.

I've checked the taxsaver website and they say that a replacement can be issued at a cost of 12 euro a month, the thing is they don't say how to go about getting it. There is a number on the website but no one to answer it.

Has anyone got any experience in getting a ticket reissued??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

The office for getting annual tickets replaced was on Abbey St, but I think it has moved to Connolly Station now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

It has - it is at the junction of Amiens Street and Sheriff Street.

As you look at the junction from the far side of Amiens Street, the door into the office in Connolly Station is on the right of the junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Thanks for the help, it was actually pretty easy to do

Just had to get a letter from HR saying I had purchased a ticket, lost it and needed a replacement and then pay 12 for each month remaining, it only took a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

12 euro a month seems like a lot. I had my wallet stolen last May while away.

My annual ticket was in it and had 11 months left on it. Now I got the wallet back with the card intact, but while I would be glad to have it renewed, I certainly would've been p*ssed at paying €132 just to have it re-issued.

This, I presume, would be on top of the daily fare you's need to pay until HR issued the letter and you got down to the office?

Like you say, it took a couple of secs, a flat admin fee would be more appropriate surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

The amount payable is capped at 100 euro. The problem with annual tickets is that Irish Rail have no way of disabling them so whoever finds it can use it (until they are possibly discovered by a ticket checker, no guarantees though). Apparently this will change with smart cards and it should be a flat admin fee as they will be able to disable smart cards.

• Advertisement

I don't know, I don't think you'd last much longer than a week without an inspector checkig your ticket, I have often been asked for mine 4 times a day. So if their system isn't built to prevent the risk, and Irish rail don't think their inspectors will cotton on, then it sounds to me that Irish Rail should definitely not be charging the customer for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i had to get mine replaced there about 4 months ago as my wallet was stolen, i had to go that place on abbey st even though it was closed to the public and i "only" paid €100

Ironically, if the thief uses the ticket he stole from you and is caught, he'll probably pay less in fines than you did to replace yours.

Advertisement